Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Oct 5, 2016
146 posts
80 upvotes
4sorjai wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 1:54 pm
If i got bonus points, used them up, and then i have to do a refund...will my points go negative?
yes, it will go negative. I had redeemed all pt once. Then return something to loblaws, my account went to -30000pt.
Oct 5, 2016
146 posts
80 upvotes
pokee99 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 4:32 pm
Anyone remember a promo (I think back on Nov 10th ish) that awarded 5000 points for a $75 SDM purchase with your PCFMC? I can't remember if it was online or in store (or both). It was supposed to take 6 weeks to post. It's been 6 weeks. Anyone get theirs?
I haven't got it either. Tried emailing or calling, no able to help. They told me to contact PC Financial, but PC Financial guys asked me to contact PC optimum.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2017 posts
638 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
beachlover wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 9:12 am
@samsungmq You simply can return the $48 of nuts. For me it never affected points until it starts biting into the main purchase. You can prove it to yourself, by returning one package, to see.

Other sneaky way is spend all your points first, then return the nuts. They can't take points if you don't have them.
I 100% approve of the "spend all the points first, then return the nuts" strategy. Although my word for it would be "savvy" not "sneaky" haha.

I'd take it farther to say that it might be a way of (at least) getting the points issue to even out. You take the nuts back after spending all points and then return the nuts. You'll probably get a negative balance, but you might not because you never know and you could be lucky and find nothing negative happens. If you have a negative balance, you *go on the chat* and be "what happened?" Explain that you didn't understand this would happen and you were confused by the whole thing and what you were told and now it's a bit of a nightmare (not too much hyperbole, just a bit) because now you have that negative balance. You make sure to keep chatting and expressing your opinion, hopefully garnering sympathy. If you're lucky, you might get the negative points balance reversed. If you even get a negative balance...
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13729 posts
2540 upvotes
Don't play dumb trying to defraud them. The program can be frustrating at times but there's no need to stoop to their level.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Apr 1, 2011
18 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
PointsHubby wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 2:41 pm
IIRC someone else ran into this computer / system glitch

The fix was to work with PCO Customer Service to get a new card, set up a new account, and then have them do a Points Transfer

As I recall, the RFDer had to provide proof that the card was their’s with ID too

Thank you so much for your reply!!!!! This is the last thing I can try. I am losing my hope. Was talking to their supervisor for an hour and they started to act sneaky (telling me she'd email me a copy of her email to the head quarter, and that I could follow up with her for the same case etc.). but no email was ever sent to me and I couldn't even reach her by the phone.

For case like this, could I file complaint to the government saying they violated consumer rights? When they hold my money and refused to return it to me after a few months and providing no solutions, that is basically robbing, is it?
Cause there has been so many Points Scammers / Thefts in the past
Apr 22, 2015
69 posts
38 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:40 am
Don't play dumb trying to defraud them. The program can be frustrating at times but there's no need to stoop to their level.
Fraud is not ok. Which is what they are describing.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2017 posts
638 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:40 am
snowcow wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 1:39 pm
Fraud is not ok. Which is what they are describing.
I think you might be referring to what @beachlover said and what I said. I respect your opinions, but completely disagree. If your comments are about something else, then disregard the following comments. :-) Using your bona fide points is not fraud. If after doing that, you make a bona fide return, that's also not fraud. So the process is not fraud despite the probable result of a negative balance. BUT in this case, making every effort possible to keep and (hopefully) not lose any points is particularly reasonable.

This shopper bought about $150 worth of product with a reasonable expectation of points for all of what he/she bought. Optimum is falling back on a completely non-specific "term and condition" full of "mays" and "mights" to keep from awarding the shopper about $50 worth of points. On top of that, if he/she returns the $50 worth of product that didn't get the points Optimum will use those terms and conditions to likely remove $50 worth of bona fide points he/she was awarded in the first place. Remember that he/she will still have $100 worth of product and originally got $100 worth of points.

This isn't a black and white issue and has much more to do with making right something that's unfair.
Last edited by TheHans on Jan 8th, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Jan 20, 2016
61 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can my bro join my household account and then delete his account? He wants to give me his points and doesnt plan to use the optimum card anymore.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7064 posts
4553 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ShyGuy69 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 8:42 pm
Can my bro join my household account and then delete his account? He wants to give me his points and doesnt plan to use the optimum card anymore.
Yes & No

Y’all can share Points in a Household
But BOTH Cards must be ACTIVE to do so
Oct 14, 2014
412 posts
327 upvotes
Southern Ontario
ShyGuy69 wrote:
One nice thing about keeping as many accounts as possible open is that once an account is inactive for a while (weeks, or a couple months) they'll start giving offers for 10k points for every $50 spend. Maybe he can pass you his login info and you can check his account every once in a while for that offer.
Oct 14, 2017
790 posts
524 upvotes
GTA
ShyGuy69 wrote:
Since he won't be using them anyway, why not simply have him give you his PCO cards? You can then decide if you want to invite his account into a household with yours, or work with two separate accounts which would mean you'd get two sets of offers each week, probably more total offers even after accounting for some overlap. Note that this isn't a permanent decision, You'd be able to to have his account join and leave the household depending on what would be better for you at any given moment.
Apr 1, 2011
18 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone knows how often Loblaws/RCSS has the super points event when you can redeem points and get bonus points? Planning to spend all my points and then stop shopping at their stores forever! Had such bad customer experience with their PC Optimum program and I am not supporting their business anymore.
Nov 11, 2016
689 posts
389 upvotes
Halifax
What happened? Btw the bonus points events are rare at loblaws but are frequent at shoppers.
Loving the new PC Optimum program !
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7064 posts
4553 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
siruiguo wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:48 pm
Anyone knows how often Loblaws/RCSS has the super points event when you can redeem points and get bonus points? Planning to spend all my points and then stop shopping at their stores forever! Had such bad customer experience with their PC Optimum program and I am not supporting their business anymore.
Based on past history... it only happens once or twice a year at the PC+ Loblaws Group Stores *
Bonus Redemption Events at the Shoppers Group Stores however happen regularly.

* Last one was around Thanksgiving 2018, the previous one was around Canada Day 2017
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7064 posts
4553 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
rdiamond1 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 4:36 pm
What happened? Btw the bonus points events are rare at loblaws but are frequent at shoppers.
@siruiguo told their story back at Post # 10821

I gave them a suggested solution... but they have not supplied an Update since then

This happened to at least one other RFDer... very frustrating. But creating a NEW Account & then Transferring Points did rectify the STUCK DO NOT REDEEM PCO CARD / ACCOUNT