Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Mar 20, 2009
108 posts
59 upvotes
Does video games count as electronics when you have this kind of offer ? ( 500 points for each 5$)

I mean not console but like zelda on switch...
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2031 posts
798 upvotes
Got an offer "Spend $40 or more on eligible products at participating Esso or Mobil stations in Canada". Where would I find the definition of "eligible products", since nothing in the Details except:
Good For: Offer applicable to eligible products
Oct 14, 2014
412 posts
327 upvotes
Southern Ontario
akaManny wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 3:59 am
Got an offer "Spend $40 or more on eligible products at participating Esso or Mobil stations in Canada". Where would I find the definition of "eligible products", since nothing in the Details except:
Are you not in a situation to use it on gas? It surely wouldn’t count on gift cards or lottery tickets. It would probably count on snacks/drinks, but hard to justify spending that much in one purchase on that.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7064 posts
4553 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
akaManny wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 3:59 am
I think they use the generic phrase “eligible products” in this instance because Esso & Mobil are different PCO Partners with different earn rates etc

https://www.esso.ca/en/pc-optimum-rewards
And
The FAQs = https://www.esso.ca/en/pc-optimum-faq
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2031 posts
798 upvotes
lefroset wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:13 am
Are you not in a situation to use it on gas? It surely wouldn’t count on gift cards or lottery tickets. It would probably count on snacks/drinks, but hard to justify spending that much in one purchase on that.
Too many competing concurrent offers on gas - Shell & Petro Canada, and in any case, I would probably need to buy instore after fill up in my small tank to get to $40.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18137 posts
2829 upvotes
GTA West
WTF they offered me a discount on BIC Lighters. I'm not a smoker, and am almost offended by this offer. 🤨
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Mar 20, 2013
571 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 9:33 am
WTF they offered me a discount on BIC Lighters. I'm not a smoker, and am almost offended by this offer. 🤨
Do you barbecue? Stop being offended from everything.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2011
4906 posts
944 upvotes
GTA
SDC disallowed GC redemption and I don't shop at any of the PCO locations.

What are some highest return items/ways to redeem the PCO points?

Thanks.
Jun 25, 2018
44 posts
36 upvotes
Southern NB
ugghh
I inadvertently saved a crappy item for next week instead of never show again
Has anyone ever tried to reverse something like this and if so, by what method and the results you got.
thanks
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13729 posts
2540 upvotes
Seems like splitting hairs to try to reverse something like that. The offer may come back.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9288 posts
985 upvotes
Toronto
How many points do you have?

If alot, wait for the redemtion days
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14357 posts
6733 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Jucius Maximus wrote:
I've gotten offers for all sorts of stuff I could take offense with. I just ignore them. (Don't waste time with Never Show Again. They don't honour it.)
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18137 posts
2829 upvotes
GTA West
Jucius Maximus wrote:
iioonneell wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 10:43 am
Do you barbecue? Stop being offended from everything.
bylo wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:48 pm
I've gotten offers for all sorts of stuff I could take offense with. I just ignore them. (Don't waste time with Never Show Again. They don't honour it.)
Relax, folks. I was being facetious.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
11603 posts
1871 upvotes
Markham
pointers wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:13 pm
ugghh
I inadvertently saved a crappy item for next week instead of never show again
Has anyone ever tried to reverse something like this and if so, by what method and the results you got.
thanks
Can't reverse it. Just choose never show again on it when it re-appears this week.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2017 posts
638 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
mathbes wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:55 am
Does video games count as electronics when you have this kind of offer ? ( 500 points for each 5$)

I mean not console but like zelda on switch...
I'd say yes. But just be aware that on this electronics points offer, you may have to call/chat to get the points added. I'm not sure why, but this electronics offer is often picky.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

griffner