Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Nov 11, 2016
726 posts
418 upvotes
Halifax
kangarooz wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 12:09 pm
hm... thanks guys for the responses, can i check it from the app? like a monthly total? seems quite annoying as its easy for me to check but my mom is always asking about hers and if she can check it.
OK - TWO DIFFERENT THINGS .

1. With PC Financial and the PC WE card - there is an online PC credit card site that gives you point information - drillled down as deep as points per transaction. LOTS of stuff online on this site.
That is what embguy and myself are talking about. NOT the PC Optimum App.

2. The PC Optimum app and website does give you point info from your card under PC Financial Earn . But it is difficult to figure out as it is not associated with a particular transation or buy.
For example : If on a specific date you purchased gas at Sobey, Items from Shoppers and then Loblaws for groceries. It would give a single transaction for the TOTAL of the 3- called Mastercard Reward - ( 1 % ). Then it would do the 2 % for SDM and the 2 $ for Loblaws separate. It is difficult to figure out sometimes. ( this is what Pointhubby is talking about )

The PC Financial Website is MUCH better IF you are only looking at points from your PC WE or MC.
A fan of RFD
Dec 11, 2018
12 posts
7 upvotes
Hey all,
What’s the scuttlebut on the ‘PC Optimum Points Days’ Jan 24-27? I’ve just seen a few vague posts on FB, but not many details. Anyone know anything?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
3073 posts
290 upvotes
I’ve got an offer for 1200 points WYS $40 on eligible products at Esso. Anyone know what “eligible products” consist of? The fine print just says “applicable to all eligible products”. Very helpful. Would purchasing gift cards in store count towards this?
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2001
4879 posts
310 upvotes
jerrysiz wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 8:54 pm
I’ve got an offer for 1200 points WYS $40 on eligible products at Esso. Anyone know what “eligible products” consist of? The fine print just says “applicable to all eligible products”. Very helpful. Would purchasing gift cards in store count towards this?
Probably not, since gift cards are usually excluded from these offers.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
3073 posts
290 upvotes
Arrow wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 9:11 pm
Good to know. They work for the airmiles offers at Shell, so I was hoping. My tank’s pretty full, so I won’t be able to get $40 of gas, and I don’t think anything else will be worth getting just for the points. Oh well, it’s a pretty lousy offer, so it’s not a big deal to miss out on it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7374 posts
4822 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
jerrysiz wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 8:54 pm
Arrow wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 9:11 pm

jerrysiz wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 9:21 pm
Good to know. They work for the airmiles offers at Shell, so I was hoping. My tank’s pretty full, so I won’t be able to get $40 of gas, and I don’t think anything else will be worth getting just for the points. Oh well, it’s a pretty lousy offer, so it’s not a big deal to miss out on it.
Ya difference is with the AirMiles Program one CAN EARN Miles on Gift Cards at some Retailers

While with the PCO Program one CANNOT EARN Points on Gift Cards at any Retailers... unless otherwise advertised as a special exception

EDIT / ADD - Thinking the “on eligible products” clause is there because PCO Earns differ slightly between Esso & Mobil
Last edited by PointsHubby on Jan 16th, 2019 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7374 posts
4822 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PC OPTIMUM Tv Ads

Noticing the NEW PC Optimum Tv Ads

They are kind of a fun / silly way to promote the PCO Program

Anyone else got any thoughts on them ?

Seen 2 so far... lol, both featuring men characters, one black and one white.
One is the Points Spender, the other the crazed Points Hound
Totally know which one I am
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Jun 25, 2018
49 posts
41 upvotes
Southern N.B.
PointsHubby wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 10:07 pm
PC OPTIMUM Tv Ads

Noticing the NEW PC Optimum Tv Ads

They are kind of a fun / silly way to promote the PCO Program

Anyone else got any thoughts on them ?

Seen 2 so far... lol, both featuring men characters, one black and one white.
One is the Points Spender, the other the crazed Points Hound
Totally know which one I am
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Don't watch TV but there are others. And a new clip today about Optimum points days on the 24 to 27 th this month.
Not much details, except for biggest points event of the year. 'Coarse were are at day 14.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr9YMA ... _polymer=1
Ads are too syrupy and mind numbing for me though. One reason for almost no tv.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7374 posts
4822 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
pointers wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 10:56 pm
Don't watch TV but there are others. And a new clip today about Optimum points days on the 24 to 27 th this month.
Not much details, except for biggest points event of the year. 'Coarse were are at day 14.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr9YMA ... _polymer=1
Ads are too syrupy and mind numbing for me though. One reason for almost no tv.
Ya I heard about the Forthcoming BIGGEST POINTS EVENT OF THE YEAR EVENT

Looks like the timing is meant to “almost” coincide with PCO’s 1st Birthday on February 1st

Makes sense
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7374 posts
4822 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Frenchbread wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 7:46 pm
Hey all,
What’s the scuttlebut on the ‘PC Optimum Points Days’ Jan 24-27? I’ve just seen a few vague posts on FB, but not many details. Anyone know anything?
It’s like a BIRTHDAY PRESENT Wrapped Present
A BIG SURPRISE
So no news other than to watch for it

PC Optimum turns 1 on February 1st
Been a good year!

And a GREAT WAY to kick off the NEW PC Optimum Thread for 2019
pc-optimum-discussion-thread-2019-2257875/#p30426892

Thanks to @bluebellrose for all she does as the PCO RFD Thread Coordinator
Happy to see she’s at the helm for another year

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PCO
Apr 21, 2014
3 posts
Sudbury, ON
PointsHubby wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 10:03 pm
Ya difference is with the AirMiles Program one CAN EARN Miles on Gift Cards at some Retailers

While with the PCO Program one CANNOT EARN Points on Gift Cards at any Retailers... unless otherwise advertised as a special exception

EDIT / ADD - Thinking the “on eligible products” clause is there because PCO Earns differ slightly between Esso & Mobil
Yesterday I had an offer: 3k/$30 gas and now it’s gone
Not impressed
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1280 posts
422 upvotes
MilitaryMom wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 4:19 pm
Yesterday I had an offer: 3k/$30 gas and now it’s gone
Not impressed
the weekly personal offers usually end on Wed.
Apr 21, 2014
3 posts
Sudbury, ON
ml88888888 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 4:27 pm
the weekly personal offers usually end on Wed.
Sorry - long day. When I wrote yesterday, I meant I checked it at midnight (so technically this morning) before going to bed
Offer wasn’t there before (last week) because I logged in to save some pc offers
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1280 posts
422 upvotes
MilitaryMom wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 5:02 pm
Sorry - long day. When I wrote yesterday, I meant I checked it at midnight (so technically this morning) before going to bed
Offer wasn’t there before (last week) because I logged in to save some pc offers
some offers are only good for a few days(i.e. not the whole 7 days of the week).

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)