[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2884 posts
74 upvotes
East York

PC Optimum points

Hey guys,

I have a ton of PC optimum points that I'm not using because well, I'm not going to spend the amount I have on food etc all at once.

Is there any way to convert the points into cash? They don't even allow you to buy gift cards with the points?
PS4 (PSN ID): Drew872
My PS4 games collection: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/LoyalToTh ... ames/owned
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Drew872
10 replies
Dec 21, 2007
555 posts
122 upvotes
Scarborough
You don't have to spend them all at once, you only have to spend it in $10 increments (min $20 to start).
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
Apr 14, 2017
568 posts
195 upvotes
DT Calgary
Conundrum1911 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 7:53 pm
You don't have to spend them all at once, you only have to spend it in $10 increments (min $20 to start).
Minimum is $10
Feb 3, 2015
41 posts
19 upvotes
Kirkland Lake, ON
I save up my points until I am in a really lean month, I have company coming, or I have to do holiday shopping. For example, in December I used up $60 worth of points, then learned that more people were coming than I expected, so used up another $80 to get more food.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
1715 posts
659 upvotes
Raincouver
unfortunately you can't convert to gift card or any other than regular SDM/Loblaw merchandise.
Since I do not shop exclusively at 1 store, I still have over $70 @ PCO LOL
You can slowly use yours for daily purchase then.
CAN/USA Cross Border Banking

Netflix? Bill me in Turkish Lira, Watch Me around the world.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
1963 posts
754 upvotes
Canada
Drew87 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 5:53 pm
I currently have over $160 worth of points. It'd just be nice if I could leverage that into actual cash instead of just having it tied up in points.
Your best bet is to buy products with the points then sell those products for cash on Kijiji.
Penalty Box
Mar 22, 2017
266 posts
226 upvotes
Drew87 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 7:29 pm
Hey guys,

I have a ton of PC optimum points that I'm not using because well, I'm not going to spend the amount I have on food etc all at once.

Is there any way to convert the points into cash? They don't even allow you to buy gift cards with the points?
No, why should they allow you to convert it to cash? The whole business advantage to Loblaw is so the value is spent in their stores. Be realistic.
May 19, 2006
498 posts
65 upvotes
I don't think the OP has had kids yet in that once that happened all my points got converted into Pampers pretty quick ... Angry Face
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
4237 posts
1311 upvotes
I have never done this before myself but you might want to wait for the next Shoppers Drug Mart event where they give you bonus points for redeeming large amounts of points. Shoppers tends to be overpriced but they do offer different products like cosmetics and electronics that may give you more choice if you are going to redeem a large number of points anyways. Just a thought.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3790 posts
2804 upvotes
Drew87 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 7:29 pm
Hey guys,

What is it that you can't buy at a Loblaws owned store?

You can price match basically everything at RCSS... Buy electronics at SDM.. or use it towards a new phone activation at TMS...

$160 is like 2 grocery trips lol.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)