• May 23rd, 2017 10:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3568 posts
446 upvotes
Richmond

PC Plus Discussion Thread

Erm from the one of the PC PLUS threads, few folks thought we needed a new thread for pc plus discussion, here it is. And I think we need one consolidated thread where all the discussion goes instead of scattered thoughout rfd on multiple threads.

What is PC Plus?

It is a new loyalty program launched by Loblaws across various banners. At this time the program is not available at tnt.

Are there any benefits to joining?

Yes. Free groceries!

Help! I'm having issues registering!
You can try calling in for help with registering your account. The folks there will try to assist you in signing up.

I already have a pc mc/debit. Do I need a pc plus card?
No. Your pc mc/debit already is your pc plus card. So you don't have to carry yet another card in your wallet.

Help! I forgot my card at home! Can I bring in my receipt to get the points?
Unfortunately nope. Points cannot be applied retroactively, so try to remember your card!

You can also download the app to your phone so you'll never forget it.

Can I present my PC PLUS Card at any time in the transaction?
Unfortunately, the computer doesn't like it when you scan it in the middle or at the end, especially if you have a large order. The computer has a tendency to crash when the pc plus card is scanned at the end. The workaround is to present the card at the beginning of your transaction before the transaction proceeds. Saves everyone a big headache when done at the beginning.

edit: It seems now that you can present it at the end and no crashes are being experienced. Seems like they fixed it.

What if I loaded an offer and did not receive points for a particular offer?
If you are using the PC Plus™ app:
Go to the Transactions section of your app and locate the transaction you are missing points from. Click on that transaction and select “Points Inquiry”. Complete the points inquiry form, submit it and we’ll look into your missing points right away.
If you are online at pcplus.ca:
Go to My Account and select “Points Inquiry” from the Transactions section. Complete the points inquiry form, submit it and we’ll look into your missing points right away.
If you are emailing
Please include:
Offer Name:
Amount Spent on Offer:
"CODE" at the bottom of your receipt:
Store Name:

It is much recommended that you do a points inquiry via the website as it seems to be gotten to a lot faster than just emailing.

Here is a link to the help faq for pc plus for additional questions.

https://www.pcplus.ca/loyalty-help.jsp

PC PLUS TOS
https://www.pcplus.ca/loyaltyTerms.jsp

Update

PCF DEBIT TAP AND PAY CARDS NEED TO BE SWIPED TWICE TO RECEIVE YOUR POINTS. PCF pin and chip work as normal. Points are added to pcf debit pin and chip automatically. However pcf interac flash isn't automatically detected as a pc plus card.

No changes for pcf mastercards. Automatic if paying with card with pin and chip or paypass.
Last edited by bluebellrose on Oct 8th, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
3212 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
1757 posts
694 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Wonder how long it'll be before someone starts the "Official PC Plus Discussion Thread"
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3568 posts
446 upvotes
Richmond
You want me to change the thread title? I thought we needed mod approval 1st before starting "official" threads.

*tilts head* Bah, I think that 1st post could use some info on there. *goes and edits*

ok uh, if there's any common Q and A that i should probably put in the op, tell me xD.
Jan 8, 2011
412 posts
82 upvotes
London
Thanks for creating it. It will be nice not to discuss/read a thread about the program that isn't complete "BS" in terms of its title. :)

https://www.pcplus.ca/loyalty-help.jsp has lots of FAQ information.

A way to discover all the PC Plus flyer offers without perusing the whole flyer. On the store's website, go to view the flyer and make sure you're in "Item View." Along the side, there should be the option to narrow results by "PC Plus Points" offers. This works on the Superstore website for sure...not sure about the other associated stores.

Also good to remember: NoFrills does not participate in PC Plus.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3176 posts
519 upvotes
bluebellrose wrote:
Mar 15th, 2014 2:09 am
Erm from the one of the PC PLUS threads, few folks thought we needed a new thread for pc plus discussion, here it is. And I think we need one consolidated thread where all the discussion goes instead of scattered thoughout rfd on multiple threads.

What is PC Plus?

It is a loyalty program launched by Loblaws across various banners. At this time the program is not available at tnt, supervalu and no frills.
I used my PC Plus points to pay at No Frills last week so I'm not sure that your first line is entirely correct.

They also gave me 5 points (don't remember exact number ) for every bag that I brought in to use.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3568 posts
446 upvotes
Richmond
No frills is only participating the old pc points loyalty program, so there's just no bonus point offers at no frills. Just what you would earn with a pc mc or pc debit. My guess is that's how you were able to redeem. Mind you, I'm not an expert on this, just a spectator
May 28, 2012
9243 posts
1689 upvotes
Saskatoon
bluebellrose wrote:
Mar 15th, 2014 2:37 pm
No frills is only participating the old pc points loyalty program, so there's just no bonus point offers at no frills. Just what you would earn with a pc mc or pc debit. My guess is that's how you were able to redeem. Mind you, I'm not an expert on this, just a spectator
I think you are correct. If he has a PC Mastercard, the points are put into the same account as the PC Plus ones, and he can use these PC points to redeem for groceries. When you shop at stores that participate in PC Plus, you will have a tally near the bottom of your receipt with the digital and in-store points you have earned, along with your points total.

All Loblaws stores give bonus points when you use your PC MC and bring your own recyclable shopping bags.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3568 posts
446 upvotes
Richmond
lol what about tnt? Do they give bonus points for bringing own bags?
Feb 27, 2014
231 posts
23 upvotes
Need a physical card or smart phone when checking out.
Jan 8, 2011
412 posts
82 upvotes
London
MS MSP wrote:
Mar 15th, 2014 11:39 pm
already a thread:
pc-plus-point-system-totally-bs-1367152/
That thread started as a bashing of the program and the same arguments are getting rehashed over and over. Hopefully we can put that all aside and actually discuss the program, offers, tips, etc.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3568 posts
446 upvotes
Richmond
Added something to the op. Hope it helps smooths out transactions at the till with the pc plus card and prevent crashes.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
9757 posts
2863 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
bluebellrose wrote:
Mar 15th, 2014 2:09 am
The workaround is to present the card at the beginning of your transaction before the transaction proceeds. Saves everyone a big headache when done at the beginning.
That can be difficult to do if you start putting your items on the conveyor belt as the cashier is ringing up another customer's order. You're busy putting stuff on the conveyor so you may not notice that the previous transaction has ended and, in an effort to speed things along, often the cashiers will start scanning your items without asking if you have a PC Plus account.
veni, vidi, Visa

Help me boost my Downvote count. Please click 👎 below. Thank you.
Jan 8, 2011
412 posts
82 upvotes
London
bylo wrote:
Mar 16th, 2014 9:57 am
That can be difficult to do if you start putting your items on the conveyor belt as the cashier is ringing up another customer's order. You're busy putting stuff on the conveyor so you may not notice that the previous transaction has ended and, in an effort to speed things along, often the cashiers will start scanning your items without asking if you have a PC Plus account.
At Costco, where you need to show your card first, I always just put my card on the conveyor belt at the front of my order so that I don't have to stop loading groceries. Maybe that would be a way to ensure it gets done at the beginning. I've never had that particular problem - but hopefully they'll get their computers fixed up soon so that it can be scanned at the end like every other reward program.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2012
1563 posts
451 upvotes
sn02py wrote:
Mar 16th, 2014 10:21 am
At Costco, where you need to show your card first, I always just put my card on the conveyor belt at the front of my order so that I don't have to stop loading groceries..
I think cashiers hate that, especially since if they don't see it it's a good way to get your card sucked into the belt. Is the crashing at the end a frequent problem for all the locations? For most of my purchases (Loblaws), I've scanned at the end and never had a problem.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel