Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
haha bonterra, I got the same thing.

Hi b0ne,

Thanks for calling us for help. To reset your password, simply click the link below.

Reset my password

Thanks,
The PC Plus™ Team

I never called these clowns, I did try a reset as prompted on their website. More incompetence or did someone actually call them pretending to be me?
😱
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
b0ne wrote: More incompetence...?
PC Plus's motto, "Never attribute to intention that which is adequately explained by incompetence."

P.S. I finally got my reset e-mail on the second day. They seem to have wised up about password length and are doing what little they can do to deal with it by forcing new passwords to be 8 characters.
Reset your password. Choose a password that is 8 characters using at least one Capital letter, lowercase letter and a number. Previous passwords will not be allowed for your security.
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 18, 2013
307 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Does anybody know if you get 30 pc points/dollar for lottery purchases made at Loblaws using PC elite mc?

thx
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
pinkmanwhite wrote: Does anybody know if you get 30 pc points/dollar for lottery purchases made at Loblaws using PC elite mc?

thx
I'd be wary of doing that. My wife just got hit with a $5 cash advance fee for making a purchase there.
Nov 18, 2013
307 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
1226 wrote: I'd be wary of doing that. My wife just got hit with a $5 cash advance fee for making a purchase there.
Is that possible? If I go up to their customer service where they sell lotto tickets, buy the lotto tickets on my pc mc, they can charge a fee? I've bought lotto tickets this way using other credit cards numerous times and it just goes through as a regular purchase from the grocery store....just like if I had bought groceries.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
pinkmanwhite wrote: Is that possible? If I go up to their customer service where they sell lotto tickets, buy the lotto tickets on my pc mc, they can charge a fee? I've bought lotto tickets this way using other credit cards numerous times and it just goes through as a regular purchase from the grocery store....just like if I had bought groceries.
I guess I should clarify her purchase was at a RCSS in Vancouver so I don't know if stores are set up the same. The kiosk in that store is a standalone lottery only kiosk (near but not at the customer service desk) and the charge even says "BC LOTTERY CORP" and not Superstore so maybe you're OK if you've made purchases there before with no cash advance fee.

CC purchases at lottery kiosks in malls in BC generally result in cash advance fees I've found. The ones within stores are hit and miss, probably depending on who's running the POS system (BCLC or the store). Like I know if I buy lottery at SDM I'm not going to get charged a fee because the POS machine is the same one they use for regular purchases.
Jun 5, 2009
243 posts
559 upvotes
Vancouver
1226 wrote: I guess I should clarify her purchase was at a RCSS in Vancouver so I don't know if stores are set up the same. The kiosk in that store is a standalone lottery only kiosk (near but not at the customer service desk) and the charge even says "BC LOTTERY CORP" and not Superstore so maybe you're OK if you've made purchases there before with no cash advance fee.

CC purchases at lottery kiosks in malls in BC generally result in cash advance fees I've found. The ones within stores are hit and miss, probably depending on who's running the POS system (BCLC or the store). Like I know if I buy lottery at SDM I'm not going to get charged a fee because the POS machine is the same one they use for regular purchases.
I just had the same experience with the $5 charge at likely the same location. I'm pretty sure I've bought tickets there previously and not incurred the charge but I guess not anymore. There is the option to buy tickets at the main tills I believe although I've never tried it yet, I wonder if that would work more to our advantage... or just go to SDM as you suggest.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
I like buying at SDM because they have video on the till. A Hamilton woman won $50M and didn't know and threw out the ticket...the lotto corp tracked her down using video and records from SDM. (In the meantime 435 people claimed the ticket was theirs lol...)

http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-story ... max-prize/
Oct 20, 2016
74 posts
25 upvotes
Can you double dip on offers? Was saving a 200 points per $1 offer on chicken for 2 weeks and got a second offer for 200 points per $2 on the same thing. Bought some but only got the first offer.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
wm009 wrote: Not really, no. Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine regarding people complaining about password lengths.
<snip>
A longer password field means I can use a phrase instead of meaningless gibberish I'll have to write down to remember.
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
pentagonjr wrote: Can you double dip on offers? Was saving a 200 points per $1 offer on chicken for 2 weeks and got a second offer for 200 points per $2 on the same thing. Bought some but only got the first offer.
Wondering the same.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
pentagonjr wrote: Can you double dip on offers? Was saving a 200 points per $1 offer on chicken for 2 weeks and got a second offer for 200 points per $2 on the same thing. Bought some but only got the first offer.
Yes, there are a whole bunch of offers that double-dip, unless they have changed something. Just make a points inquiry.
Dec 28, 2007
791 posts
593 upvotes
Alberta
I tried to double dip on the spend $50 and get 10,000 puts a few weeks ago and it only worked once. Not sure about double dipping on item though.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12184 posts
5651 upvotes
Ottawa
I have not been following this thread/story lately but did get a reminder from Loblaws to change the password so I did.

Hope they throw the book at this fraudster.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new ... y-password
Oct 20, 2016
74 posts
25 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Yes, there are a whole bunch of offers that double-dip, unless they have changed something. Just make a points inquiry.
Did the points inquiry when I left the store and got the points so fast it must of been automated. Hate to have to worry about getting the correct amount each time but I guess it's worth it.
Jul 10, 2008
744 posts
135 upvotes
G0DKING wrote: Wow, get a grip guys

They reset all passwords, so what
It took me less than 2 minutes to change my password

You guys are crying like they committed sacrilege
Perspective is frown upon on this site. You are supposed to wail like your first born was just killed even though it did not affect the card as far as getting points.
pentagonjr wrote: Wasn't the reset link in yesterday's email? Clicked it and had my password changed in 30 seconds.
Me too. Was easy as pie....mmmmm....pie.....
Ottomaddox wrote: A longer password field means I can use a phrase
And easier to crack.
jackie999 wrote: What a mess. I changed password yesterday after receiving email. The PW I'd used wasn't used anywhere else...so now I had to think up a new one - 8 characters etc? how ridiculous to limit a password to 8 character. Anyway..did all that, tried to log in today and won't let me in - claiming PW or email is wrong. Think it's time to cash in my points and ditch the card...
You probably wrote down a wrong password. You can just use the 'forgot password' option.
Last edited by greenman456 on Feb 22nd, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
2033 posts
1013 upvotes
greenman456 wrote: Perspective is frown upon on this site. You are supposed to wail like your first born was just killed even though it did not affect the card as far as getting points.
Hahah, I had actually originally wrote "You guys are crying like they just killed your firstborns", but thought that was a bit much and later edited it to "committed sacrilege"

Still, the hivemind hated
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
canabiz wrote: I have not been following this thread/story lately but did get a reminder from Loblaws to change the password so I did.

Hope they throw the book at this fraudster.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new ... y-password
I bet that's the guy who stole my wife's points. They were taken at a store in Orleans.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
greenman456 wrote:
You probably wrote down a wrong password. You can just use the 'forgot password' option.
No, it was the correct password. Just because you might forget and use the wrong pw, don't assume it of others.
A day later the pw worked so the system is lagging ..probably swamped with all the changes...
May 28, 2012
12485 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
The site forced me to change my password, again...and it was a real pain in the butt because it only accepted a very specific format (had to be 8 characters, etc). I haven't had good offers in a while, getting the exact same items alternating every two weeks, along with the rubbish stuff they are trying to promote. Have they stopped giving the "get X points when you buy $__?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)