Shopping Discussion

PC Plus Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2017 3:40 pm
Apr 1, 2004
241 posts
74 upvotes
skyr multipack 1500 points
superstore in Richmond BC on clearance (expiring Mar 20-28) -- 96c each!

essentially freebie with extra 500 points!!
got three multipack :)

(still lots left!)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3252 posts
971 upvotes
I'm not doing any more shopping this week so I just saved my best offers...only could save 3.

(Though I got the promo offer 3k per $10 PC Black Label, and the "PC Black Label Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Paste 118g" at $9.99 is tempting. Vanilla paste is $15-25 for 4 oz through most of the mail order cake shops and Amazon. Might have to get that.)
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
1788 posts
712 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 4:43 pm
RCSS too far.
No Frills even farther.
Never seen Loblaws in my life. Aren't they expensive?
...so, it's too far to buy $100 worth of groceries (including meats and in some jurisdictions, alcohol), but it's not too far to buy a GC for another retailer?

Your logic escapes me.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2454 posts
1000 upvotes
Calgaryish
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 2:55 pm
Apparently they disabled it because of all those points getting stolen. Now I got 100000 points I got from Koodo iPhone SE deal that I have no use for.
This is only a temporary change (or so they have claimed). Maybe you will be able to redeem your points in a month or two.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6014 posts
1027 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 1:05 am
I'm not doing any more shopping this week so I just saved my best offers...only could save 3.

(Though I got the promo offer 3k per $10 PC Black Label, and the "PC Black Label Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Paste 118g" at $9.99 is tempting. Vanilla paste is $15-25 for 4 oz through most of the mail order cake shops and Amazon. Might have to get that.)
Going to look for that vanilla paste, I'm almost out. Been getting it at HomeSense, but I've never tried a Black Label product that wasn't outstanding. Thanks for mentioning it.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3252 posts
971 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:20 pm
Going to look for that vanilla paste, I'm almost out. Been getting it at HomeSense, but I've never tried a Black Label product that wasn't outstanding. Thanks for mentioning it.
Just curious, do you recall what kind of prices/brands were you finding at Homesense?

I have the 200 pts per $1 on deli cheese so I could double-dip on the Black Label offer with the PC gorgonzola or 3-yr parmesan at $9.99 and get 5k points per.

The other Black Label thing that looks neat to me for baking is the Pistachio Spread 190g $12.99 which is similar to Nutella in makeup (sugar, nut, palm oil, milk powder). I roll out peanut butter cookie dough, spread it with Nutella, roll it up in a log and slice it into pinwheel cookies and I would like to try this with sugar cookie dough and the pistachio "Nutella".
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1589 posts
295 upvotes
i'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but has anybody else noticed that after shoppers drugmart was purchased by loblaws, the weekly offers on each store could be also dependent of what you purchased on the other one?

it has happened to me a couple of times that i purchase something new i've never purchased before at shoppers, and the next pc plus emails has those items with bonus points, and viceversa... is this ethical?, can they share information between both programs?
:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)
May 28, 2012
9280 posts
1703 upvotes
Saskatoon
bonterra wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:20 pm
I bought the same vanilla bean paste (that is sold at Winners) from Bulk Barn. Was $9.99 and I used the $3 off coupon. I agree with you about the PC Black Label brand, very good quality items, especially the pastas.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6014 posts
1027 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:43 pm
Just curious, do you recall what kind of prices/brands were you finding at Homesense?

I have the 200 pts per $1 on deli cheese so I could double-dip on the Black Label offer with the PC gorgonzola or 3-yr parmesan at $9.99 and get 5k points per.

The other Black Label thing that looks neat to me for baking is the Pistachio Spread 190g $12.99 which is similar to Nutella in makeup (sugar, nut, palm oil, milk powder). I roll out peanut butter cookie dough, spread it with Nutella, roll it up in a log and slice it into pinwheel cookies and I would like to try this with sugar cookie dough and the pistachio "Nutella".
Nielsen Massey, 4 ounces for $12.99. I also buy one that's a cross between liquid and paste. Sonoma Syrup Company Vanilla Bean Extract Crush, but haven't seen it in awhile.

Where are you seeing the Black Label Pistachio Spread and vanilla paste? I looked at Superstore today. Nothing, did see Black Garlic though.

Superstore has an instore offer on the beet slaw, 1000 points, from March 16 to 22. I bought but didn't get the points, had to do a points inquiry. Going to have it with the citrus poppy seed dressing tomorrow and add some blood orange slices.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3210 posts
1258 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 9:57 am
...so, it's too far to buy $100 worth of groceries (including meats and in some jurisdictions, alcohol), but it's not too far to buy a GC for another retailer?

Your logic escapes me.
Buy stuff that I don't need or won't need for a long time and bring it back vs just a card. Who says I buy meat or alcohol at all?
I didn't think you had any logic in the first place.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3252 posts
971 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 8:36 pm
Nielsen Massey, 4 ounces for $12.99. I also buy one that's a cross between liquid and paste. Sonoma Syrup Company Vanilla Bean Extract Crush, but haven't seen it in awhile.
Thanks for the deets.
bonterra wrote:
Where are you seeing the Black Label Pistachio Spread and vanilla paste? I looked at Superstore today. Nothing, did see Black Garlic though.
There should be 3 Black Label vanillas:

- Tahitian Vanilla Extract $8.99
- Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract $8.99
- the paste

They are all in the baking section here.

The pistachio spread is limited stores, reg. is $14.99 (hoping to find it on a clearance shelf, actually ;)) but I saw it on an end-cap display at one point.

Does your store have one of those in-aisle all-Black Label displays anywhere? Sometimes the fancy stuff is there instead of in with similar products. Otherwise I would try the peanut butter region.
bonterra wrote:
Superstore has an instore offer on the beet slaw, 1000 points, from March 16 to 22. I bought but didn't get the points, had to do a points inquiry. Going to have it with the citrus poppy seed dressing tomorrow and add some blood orange slices.
Yeah, that was a good idea, the beet slaw. I like the Renee's poppyseed: there is still a $1.50 printable at smartsource.ca
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6014 posts
1027 upvotes
I'm heading to an Independent (YIG) tomorrow. They seem to have a deeper selection of Black Label products. I think I may have seen the Pistachio spread there.
May 28, 2012
9280 posts
1703 upvotes
Saskatoon
bonterra wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:19 pm
I'm heading to an Independent (YIG) tomorrow. They seem to have a deeper selection of Black Label products. I think I may have seen the Pistachio spread there.
I actually saw it in their clearance bin a couple weeks ago...too bad I didn't see this posted sooner, I would have bought a jar to try (it had the 50% off stickers). Have you tried the PC Black Label fresh ravioli (in the deli at YIG)? They are imported from Italy and are really good...I've tried at least three of the different fillings.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6014 posts
1027 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:27 pm
I actually saw it in their clearance bin a couple weeks ago...too bad I didn't see this posted sooner, I would have bought a jar to try (it had the 50% off stickers). Have you tried the PC Black Label fresh ravioli (in the deli at YIG)? They are imported from Italy and are really good...I've tried at least three of the different fillings.
Yup have tried and liked almost all the stuffed Black Label pastas, and really love the dried. The Black Label sauces are pretty much the best jarred sauces on the market.
Last edited by bonterra on Mar 17th, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.