• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2017 7:08 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2882 posts
418 upvotes
Esteban Pirazo wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 3:00 pm
i'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but has anybody else noticed that after shoppers drugmart was purchased by loblaws, the weekly offers on each store could be also dependent of what you purchased on the other one?

it has happened to me a couple of times that i purchase something new i've never purchased before at shoppers, and the next pc plus emails has those items with bonus points, and viceversa... is this ethical?, can they share information between both programs?
Yes. Also, my offers from SDM used to be things that I actually buy. My offers from Loblaws (or PCPlus) rarely hit my main purchases. So things are going downhill for me.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
5855 posts
955 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 12:16 am
Don't forget the cuttlefish and asparagus
Don't have a points offer for either. Lol!!

But asparagus is $1.88 at Metro so have been buying and it's pretty good.
Nov 18, 2013
97 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone noticed their offers turning to garbage once they signed up for the PC mastercard? Before, I got great offers all the time. I figured, might as well join up for PC mastercard to get even more points. Now that I have their mastercard......crap. Half the stuff I have never bought and doesn't fit my profile at all. I no longer get buy $200, get x bonus points etc. I'm so disappointed with the pc program at this point. I've actually started shopping elsewhere recently. I'm thinking the don't bother with the great offers anymore because they think they no longer have to entice me cuz I already drank the koolaid by getting their card!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
2957 posts
855 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
There is no limit to the number of offers you can delete in the app - if you have irrelevant offers, delete them. That is the only way that your offers will change for the better.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
1725 posts
654 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 9:16 pm
Buy stuff that I don't need or won't need for a long time and bring it back vs just a card.
So...you don't eat? Very easy to spend $100 on groceries at Superstore and associated chains, and they're reasonably priced. Heck, go crazy on prepared frozen foods.

You don't clean your place? Plenty of cleaning or other maintenance products available at Superstore, and while they may not exactly be the least expensive, they're certainly not unreasonably priced, and if you're getting the products (basically) for free, who cares if you wind up paying a couple of dollars more.

Live in your grandmother's basement so you don't have to clean or buy groceries yourself? Give the GC to your grandmother out of appreciation and to help with the cost of running a home.
Who says I buy meat or alcohol at all?
They were clearly simple examples of higher priced items. Having said that, I notice you didn't say you didn't buy them.

Ultimately though, it's very easy to spend $100 on a trip to Superstore and come back with anything other than junk.

But I suppose, if someone wants to buy video games or other non-essentials, that's up to them. I agree it's silly to not be able to convert PC points to GCs, but I guess it's because they'd prefer to keep the money in-store instead of giving it to other retailers.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
May 18, 2006
993 posts
23 upvotes
Does anyone else have this issue?:

My PC Plus "Load these Offers" email comes to my personal Sympatico account. I check my email on my phone many times a day, both work and personal accounts, and my phone audibly notifies when an email comes in to either account, and I get a symbol and a "number of" indicator on the screen, even when the phone is not in use - like everyone else. Starting about six months ago, I believe, I go all day Friday without any email from PC Plus, and I now make a point to check on it. What is happening is that some time late Friday night (after 9 or 10 p.m.), I'll get some random email to my Sympatico account, and the "you've got mail" symbol with the number 1 beside it will show up on the screen. When I key in and check Sympatico, the email I just got will be there, but the email from PC Plus will all of a sudden be there, too, and show a 10 or 11 a.m. arrival time. Because I've been checking for it the last few months, I KNOW the email did not come at the time it says on either the email itself, or in the Sympatico timeline. How is this possible? Anyone know? Is this some method of backtiming emails that I don't know about? It's annoying as hell because I've gone shopping a couple of times on a Friday evening or Saturday morning and missed the bonus points because I hadn't loaded my offers.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
2957 posts
855 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
You don't have to wait for the email; you can go to pcplus.ca at midnight to load your offers regardless of the email.

However yes I have noticed bizarre times on PC Plus emails that don't match the actual time.
Jan 19, 2017
103 posts
33 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 9:09 pm
You don't have to wait for the email; you can go to pcplus.ca at midnight to load your offers regardless of the email.

However yes I have noticed bizarre times on PC Plus emails that don't match the actual time.
You can use the old email from Prev. week and click it. It would load the current week's offers. You don't have to wait for the new week's email.
Jan 20, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
Does anyone know when we can go back to redeeming PC points for gift cards?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
6564 posts
1858 upvotes
ON
inntents wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 7:21 pm
Does anyone else have this issue?:

My PC Plus "Load these Offers" email comes to my personal Sympatico account. I check my email on my phone many times a day, both work and personal accounts, and my phone audibly notifies when an email comes in to either account, and I get a symbol and a "number of" indicator on the screen, even when the phone is not in use - like everyone else. Starting about six months ago, I believe, I go all day Friday without any email from PC Plus, and I now make a point to check on it. What is happening is that some time late Friday night (after 9 or 10 p.m.), I'll get some random email to my Sympatico account, and the "you've got mail" symbol with the number 1 beside it will show up on the screen. When I key in and check Sympatico, the email I just got will be there, but the email from PC Plus will all of a sudden be there, too, and show a 10 or 11 a.m. arrival time. Because I've been checking for it the last few months, I KNOW the email did not come at the time it says on either the email itself, or in the Sympatico timeline. How is this possible? Anyone know? Is this some method of backtiming emails that I don't know about? It's annoying as hell because I've gone shopping a couple of times on a Friday evening or Saturday morning and missed the bonus points because I hadn't loaded my offers.
Your email server is keeping it in limbo for a while before actually delivering (or theirs is holding it up at some point after adding the sent timestamp).
This happens on my work account every once in a while with an external email that may say it arrived at 2pm and when you open it the details say sent at 10am.
It retains the original timestamp of when it was sent/received, but there's another timestamp of when it actually hit your inbox as well.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16534 posts
1598 upvotes
GTA West
pinkmanwhite wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 1:27 pm
Has anyone noticed their offers turning to garbage once they signed up for the PC mastercard? Before, I got great offers all the time. I figured, might as well join up for PC mastercard to get even more points. Now that I have their mastercard......crap. Half the stuff I have never bought and doesn't fit my profile at all. I no longer get buy $200, get x bonus points etc.
I've had PC MasterCard since 2002 and I've never gotten that sort of offer in PC Plus. Actually most of my Loblaw grocery purchases are under $20 since most of my shopping is at Costco anyway. So it's difficult for me to redeem PC Points right now when they don't allow it for GCs. Angry Face
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Mar 19th, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2006
1125 posts
45 upvotes
K-W
I went into Kitchener RCSS this morning and they had a large street sign promoting "Spend $225 in store get 25k in points". Not sure if this location specific or chain wide? Sign had no mention of date either.
Jul 10, 2008
674 posts
112 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 6:16 pm
So...you don't eat? Very easy to spend $100 on groceries at Superstore and associated chains, and they're reasonably priced. Heck, go crazy on prepared frozen foods.
Dont bother. The one you are replying too is just one of those determined to spread nonsense.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel