Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
I've done the STB offers and my pcplus offers are pretty weak this week.

But if you use PCMC, they do know you're shopping at sobeys co. ;)
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29585 posts
28910 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
rdiamond1 wrote: I wonder if they knew that I went to Sobey's and blew $ 200 :rolleyes:
Did you pay with a PC MC?

I normally(*) pay for all groceries, pharmacy, etc. regardless of store by using a PC MC. I want Weston to know so that they don't get too complacent and hopefully make me even better offers I can't refuse ;)

(*) Currently I'm making an exception and charging everything I can to a TD Cash Back Infinite card in order to collect 6% cash rebate. But when that ends in January, I'll revert back to my usual habit.
veni, vidi, Visa
Oct 14, 2013
542 posts
387 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Lol...

Sometimes I wonder that too... we strategy shop, so we are not doing a weekly big shop every week at a Loblaws Group. i’ve noticed if i have been away awhile then often there is a PC Plus Spend $ X Get Y Points Offer to pull me back in... like the one I got this week. And of course there are the AM Shop The Block & Little Book of Offers (Ontario) both happening now... that would draw some of us to their competitors (Metro - Sobey’s - Foodland - Urban Fresh). Loblaws Group of course would know this... so if they are smart they do sweeten the pot with Personal Offers either at the same time, or shortly thereafter. Only makes sense
I definitely got a spend $75 get 7500 pts this week and I NEVER get those.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2344 posts
1990 upvotes
Halifax
Actually - no I made a point NOT to.
That is weird isn't it... like I was sneaking around....lol

I find I purchase these Sobey's GC's for the 100 Bonus Miles- basically collect them - and then look and realize that I should use them.
The location is a bit further for us- and we don't know the know the store as well.
I had a high happiness factor at that Sobey's.

Sometimes I wonder now that we are close to empty nesters - can I support two points programs ? Should I be both a Prime member and a Costco member ? Where are my loyalties ? Should I have loyalties ?
( OK... digging a very deep hole here ... )

What you say has me thinking of the spending habits on the PCMC. Lately I have decided to take advantage of the 3 % and purchase gift cards for gas ( Irving) and Amazon( significant ).
I have also purchased cards for my husband for errands at Can Tire, McD's etc...
So they would probably know that a significant amount of my spending at Superstore is NOT for Superstore.
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2344 posts
1990 upvotes
Halifax
We probably all have this EMAIL for tomorrow Dec 6th ONLY :

15,000 pts when you buy a $44 PC® or Butterball® frozen turkey (9 kg and over)
12,000 pts when you buy a $35 PC® or Butterball® frozen turkey (7-9 kg)
8000 pts when you buy a $26 PC® or Butterball® frozen turkey (5-7 kg)
6000 pts when you buy an $18 PC® or Butterball® frozen turkey (3-5 kg)

This is about 30 % off regular price.

That is great but they also have frozen Grade A turkey on sale this week for 1.29 $ per lb.
This is a better deal per pound but is not the premium butter infused type of turkey so it depends on your taste and what your Christmas traditions are,

My husband is hoping that this includes the cook from frozen - stuffed turkey. I am pretty sure it does not and secretly I am hoping it does not as I like to make the stuffing...

We will see...
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1062 posts
857 upvotes
GTA
rdiamond1 wrote: My husband is hoping that this includes the cook from frozen - stuffed turkey. I am pretty sure it does not and secretly I am hoping it does not as I like to make the stuffing...

We will see...
I can't imagine Butterball stuffing being anywhere near as good as homemade, especially considering you like making it. Don't let him decide.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7946 posts
3603 upvotes
rdiamond1 wrote: We probably all have this EMAIL for tomorrow Dec 6th ONLY :
Did NOT get this offer. Which banner of Loblaws is the offer good at?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29585 posts
28910 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
bonterra wrote: Which banner of Loblaws is the offer good at?
Don’t miss this ONE-DAY holiday offer! On Wednesday, December 6, you can get 6,000 to 15,000 pts* when you buy a PC® or Butterball® frozen turkey in store. That’s at least 30% back in points to help you stock up on all your other holiday staples.

Hurry to your local Loblaws, Zehrs, Independent (excluding West), Valu-mart, Provigo, Real Atlantic Superstore and Dominion[NL] store to take advantage of this deal—it’s cheer today and gone tomorrow!
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27755 posts
27762 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
bonterra wrote: Did NOT get this offer. Which banner of Loblaws is the offer good at?
I had to do a double look too
Did not come via App / Website
Came in an email... so one presumes an InStore Special open to everyone (nothing to load)
One day special across most Loblaws Group banners
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29585 posts
28910 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
This just in...
Hi Bylo,

Shopping this time of year can be stressful, so why not give yourself a little reward?

Since you’re a valued President’s Choice Financial® Mastercard® cardholder, we’ve got an offer that will take the stress away. Use your card to buy select Moxie’s, La Vie en Rose, Pizza Pizza, PetSmart and Kobo gift cards at participating grocery stores where President’s Choice® products are sold, and get 10X the regular PC® points on every dollar spent.

This offer ends December 12.
It's not clear how targeted this is, i.e. if only some of us are "valued" PC MC cardholders or if we all PC MC cardholders are ;)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27755 posts
27762 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
bylo wrote: This just in...
It's not clear how targeted this is, i.e. if only some of us are "valued" PC MC cardholders or if we all PC MC cardholders are ;)
Good offer, ONLY IF

One has a PC Financial MC and actually wants stuff from these Stores.

By my definition this “valued PC Customer” needs neither (CC or these GCs)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5529 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
bylo wrote: This just in...
Just reading the terms on this GC deal:

Get a bonus 90 PC points per dollar of your $25 or $50 Moxie's, La Vie en Rose, Pizza Pizza, Petsmart and Kobo gift card purchase in addition to the regular 10 PC points per dollar earned for all purchases on the PC Financial Mastercard.

I thought we get 30pts per dollar for buying anything at a Loblaws store, so I thought it was 30x10 = 300pts. But I guess "regular" PC points is 10pts. So 10x10 = 100pts which makes it just 10% off these GC's.
Jun 27, 2017
261 posts
348 upvotes
Wiseman wrote: Just reading the terms on this GC deal:

Get a bonus 90 PC points per dollar of your $25 or $50 Moxie's, La Vie en Rose, Pizza Pizza, Petsmart and Kobo gift card purchase in addition to the regular 10 PC points per dollar earned for all purchases on the PC Financial Mastercard.

I thought we get 30pts per dollar for buying anything at a Loblaws store, so I thought it was 30x10 = 300pts. But I guess "regular" PC points is 10pts. So 10x10 = 100pts which makes it just 10% off these GC's.
I get 30 pts on my PC World Elite card, so it might depend on which card you carry.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5529 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
topshot wrote: I get 30 pts on my PC World Elite card, so it might depend on which card you carry.
I have a world elite card as well. But the terms clearly say 100pts per dollar.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21222 posts
5938 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
This PC Plus is just uncanny. A year ago I bought Campbell's Chunky Soup for the office Christmas food drive. I never buy that product for myself.
Again this week the food drive started, and like clockwork, the Campbell's Chunky Soup offer appears.

I don't recall getting the offer a single time in 2017 up to now. Creepy.
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Dec 6th, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
Jucius Maximus wrote: This PC Plus is just uncanny. A year ago I bought Campbell's Chunky Soup for the office Christmas food drive. I never but that product for myself.
Again this week the food drive started, and like clockwork, the Campbell's Chunky Soup offer appears.

I don't recall getting the offer a single time in 2017 up to now. Creepy.
Is it personalized offer, or the flyer offer? (4000pts/$10?)
Could just be coincidence if it's not a personalized one.
Otherwise, double dip and buy more for the food bank :)
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27755 posts
27762 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
aqnd wrote: Is it personalized offer, or the flyer offer? (4000pts/$10?)
We got it as a PERSONAL BONUS OFFER

** 4,000 Points for every $ 10 Spent on Campbell’s Chunky Soup OR Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers **

Are you saying there is something else going on as well in the Flyer ?
We gotten other Campbell’s Chunky Soup Offers thru the year... but then we’ve been known to keep a few cans in the pantry
(Their Chicken Noodle is awesome for anyone feeling under the weather)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
Yes, that's the flyer offer - visible in no frills, superstore, and loblaws (I just read the flyers)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6906 posts
3331 upvotes
Canada
Are SDM points being transferred over at a favorable rate? I'm a big fan of SDM points, but this new change has me concerned. My gut is telling me blow all my SDM points while I still can.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21222 posts
5938 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
aqnd wrote: Is it personalized offer, or the flyer offer? (4000pts/$10?)
PointsHubby wrote: We got it as a PERSONAL BONUS OFFER

** 4,000 Points for every $ 10 Spent on Campbell’s Chunky Soup OR Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers **

Are you saying there is something else going on as well in the Flyer ?
Yes this is the offer I received. I guess it's just a coincidence.
Food drive will be partially funded by PC Points... which is not a bad thing. Winking Face
- casual gastronomist -

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)