Shopping Discussion

PC Plus Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 11:14 pm
Nov 24, 2016
11 posts
6 upvotes
either way I have never had a problem getting the points within minutes of sending an inquiry
Sep 14, 2015
943 posts
402 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Never got deals like 10% off in points, only had those get xx points on $x purchase...: /
Jul 13, 2015
99 posts
24 upvotes
Ontario
RolandCouch wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 1:39 am
Got a whole bunch of the same offers as last week but 10% in points instead of 20%.....maybe they are scaling back. Also funny that I got a ton of offers and my wife only got 6.
I find this happens around when I reach 50,000 points... and then it re-sets to 20% when I redeem them. Probably just a tactic to try and get you to redeem them sooner instead of holding on to them.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9915 posts
876 upvotes
Markham
DMac90 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 4:56 pm
I find this happens around when I reach 50,000 points... and then it re-sets to 20% when I redeem them. Probably just a tactic to try and get you to redeem them sooner instead of holding on to them.
Good to know. I was up to 200K in what felt like no time so I'll try to redeem a bit.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10291 posts
3187 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
bylo wrote:
Apr 7th, 2017 3:11 pm
I just spoke with a store manager about PC+ redemptions for gift cards. He says the stores have conference calls every week. Every week they raise the issue of the suspension of redemptions for GCs. Every week PC stalls and says they're working on it. His opinion is that the suspension will be permanent. That would piss me off royally.
There's still cause for hope. From an e-mail reply from PC+ [my bold]:
Due to recent unauthorized activity, we have suspended the ability to redeem points for gift cards, pre-paid cards and wireless or long-distance phone cards. The Terms and Conditions remain unchanged and the suspension will be temporary but we are unable to confirm when it may be reinstated.
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3682 posts
487 upvotes
Richmond
DMac90 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 4:56 pm
hmm I'm at 20 % and I'm at 200k pts and I have a pcf mc.

Edit : Payment system seems to be down currently. Cash only. Can try if your card works. Interac seems to be down. Only certain credit cards are working via pin and chip.

edit #2 td credit cards seems to be havings issues but mbna cards seem to be ok. Funny considering td owns mbna. If you are using a td card, it's very Ymmv. All other cards seem to be working. And interac Is down.
Oct 7, 2013
333 posts
112 upvotes
I've been collecting PC points for a long time...cashed in quite a few over the years too...

But I've got a question that just popped up today.

I was surprised to see that I had received 750 points X 2 for the purchase of a product I really like. I had price matched the two items from another stores flyer and

I received 15 hundred points total on their "in-store" PC points offer...

Trouble was there was no signage...no indication that these products where being promoted in-store with PC points...

If I had known they were worth 750 points each I would have purchased more on the spot!!

I found out while checking my receipt heading out the door...

Again there was no signage to indicate this offer was in place...

Are these in-store offers supposed to be posted somewhere?? Or if they are not should they be???

What am I missing??

Thanks for any and all help...
Last edited by unclefester on Apr 25th, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
3527 posts
449 upvotes
unclefester wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 10:44 pm
Are these in-store offers supposed to be posted somewhere?? Or if they are not should they be???
Have you checked your local flyer? Usually any in-store point offers would be shown there.
Oct 7, 2013
333 posts
112 upvotes
SLee wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 11:15 pm
Have you checked your local flyer? Usually any in-store point offers would be shown there.
I'm aware that often featured items with points attached are promoted in the flyer...

This product was not even shown in the current (Superstore) flyer....
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6174 posts
1090 upvotes
unclefester wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 11:20 pm
I'm aware that often featured items with points attached are promoted in the flyer...

This product was not even shown in the current (Superstore) flyer....
I've found the signage can be very hit and miss, I've been surprised by offers with no signage but also disappointed because outdated signage is left up. Go back after not getting expected points and found the offer was available last week. I guess I should have taken a picture and done a points inquiry but couldn't be bothered.

The good thing about store offers is that they don't expire after one use as the tailored offers do. I've bought items on store/flyer offers multiple times in a week and gotten points on each purchase.
Oct 7, 2013
333 posts
112 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 12:40 am
I've found the signage can be very hit and miss, I've been surprised by offers with no signage but also disappointed because outdated signage is left up. Go back after not getting expected points and found the offer was available last week. I guess I should have taken a picture and done a points inquiry but couldn't be bothered.

The good thing about store offers is that they don't expire after one use as the tailored offers do. I've bought items on store/flyer offers multiple times in a week and gotten points on each purchase.

I think you've found my answer. In-store points promos used to be highly visible if I recall when the program first started...now...whether it's "lazy" staff or a policy change...not so much.

My chance to do this very same deal one more time comes to an end today so it's off to Superstore I go...
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3765 posts
1210 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
PC All Butter Biscuits, Cheese, Cheese & Black Pepper, Cheese & Basil are on clearance across all Zehrs for ($1.00 reg $3.99) because this production lot is at the end of its lifespan, it seems.

If you have the 3k per $10 Black Label offer and need something to get you to the next multiple of 10, there you go.

The pepper ones are very peppery. Very rich but good with cheese.
Jan 9, 2011
823 posts
404 upvotes
Vancouver
I've just stared shopping at No Frills using the PC plus app and paying with PC gift cards. I usually spend between $30 and $60 at a time. My balance is still zero points. I see all of the transactions in the app but they all say zero points earned. Is there some minimum spend for points?
Nov 6, 2013
823 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
Kiraly wrote:
Apr 27th, 2017 9:41 am
I've just stared shopping at No Frills using the PC plus app and paying with PC gift cards. I usually spend between $30 and $60 at a time. My balance is still zero points. I see all of the transactions in the app but they all say zero points earned. Is there some minimum spend for points?
U only get points for the personalized offers you have. You have to buy one of those items to get the points. check offers in pc app.
Sep 4, 2007
571 posts
104 upvotes
Kiraly wrote:
Apr 27th, 2017 9:41 am
Same here, I have a PC debit card that I swipe for points and then pay with a different card. It shows how much I spent but 0 points earned. I emailed about it a few days ago and this is what I got, in part,

"Please be advised that the PC Plus transactions (for presenting your card prior to payment) will post separately to your account from your PC Financial points per dollar. Your PC Plus transactions will display the total dollar amount spent and the store name/location in the "Store" column as well as any bonus points for in-store and digital offer items only. Your PC Financial points per dollar for these purchases are posted separately to your account and read "President's Choice Financial" in the "Store" column.

An indicator of "0" PC points in your PC Plus transaction does not mean that you did not earn points per dollar for this purchase. Your points per dollar are posted to your account within 4-6 business days of your purchase and can be bundled with other purchases made within the same 72 hour timeframe."

I actually don't know what the means lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)