Shopping Discussion

PC Plus Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2017 8:48 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
Hey, it pays to read the fine print. I had no idea the "Chilled Meals To Go" offer would include sushi.
Feb 7, 2017
997 posts
525 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
May 11th, 2017 3:50 pm
I get that offer about once every 6 weeks, but thought it only applied to the "Natural Values" aisle. Never read the details to find out it applied to seafood, meat etc.. Thanks for pointing that out.
Yes always important to click on the offer and read the fine print.

In this case there are at least 2 kinds of offers on "Natural / Health Foods"... One is specific to just that area of the store (Vitamins, Supplements, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, etc) and another more broader definition as I've described above. The latter is a real gold mine, especially if you have other stackable offers.
Feb 7, 2017
997 posts
525 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
May 11th, 2017 7:08 pm
Hey, it pays to read the fine print. I had no idea the "Chilled Meals To Go" offer would include sushi.
Meals To Go includes a whole lot of stuff, besides what one would just consider "the Take Out Counter" (Rotisserie Chicken - Pizza etc). It also includes Prepared Salads, both the purchase by weight ones at the Service Counter (ie Potato, Pasta, Coleslaw, Nicco) as well as the pre-packed ones (Ziggy ?). All of the Sushi Bar - Ready to Eat HOT Soups, and the entire section of Heat & Serve Meal Items (Fresh Pasta ala Oliveri & Black Label and the Sauces that go with them ... Lasagna Trays - Soups - Meat Pies ala St Hubert etc). Also the Fresh trays of Fruit, Veggies, Salads that many areas have featured in an "island"... Plus the Refrigerated Dressings section ala Renee's & Lighthouse etc (may also include Refrigerated Dips & Bevvys but I don't recall right now).

So ya it is very important to always read the fine print on every offer.

Our spending habits see us typically pick up "something" from this broader category almost every trip, so when the Offer comes in we check the terms to see what is actually covered. Then not unusual for us to add on and pick up something for Dinner at the same time, as we typically do our Grocery Shopping on a week night after work / before Dinner. Sushi is a nice treat... T&T does a good job in regards to freshness, variety & presentation. And it is considerably cheaper than having it in a Restaurant.
Feb 7, 2017
997 posts
525 upvotes
jr! wrote:
May 11th, 2017 11:11 pm
Am just updating the pc plus android app and it looks like they've changed the terms and conditions to make the ban on redemption of points for gift cards permanent. Stated in the changelog in google play
Ya, there was a bit of a discussion on that starting back on Page 211 beggining with the post by @yesnomaybe # 3157
Jul 13, 2015
93 posts
23 upvotes
Ontario
Well that blows.

Really sucks that they couldn't figure out a solution to the problem and instead decided to take the easy way out and make the ban permanent.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9832 posts
833 upvotes
Lovely...got an email today from PC that in the past someone may have had access to my PC account.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17465 posts
170 upvotes
YVR
DMac90 wrote:
May 12th, 2017 7:33 am
Well that blows.

Really sucks that they couldn't figure out a solution to the problem and instead decided to take the easy way out and make the ban permanent.
That's how I felt too. I have a hard time believing the consultants/experts that Loblaws hired can't figure out a solution to this.
Sep 26, 2008
357 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa
RolandCouch wrote:
May 12th, 2017 5:46 pm
Lovely...got an email today from PC that in the past someone may have had access to my PC account.
Same here yesterday or the day before. I am assuming it must have been sent out widely.

I think I'm more upset about the lack of offers this week (only 6 including a bonus offer). Confused Face
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9832 posts
833 upvotes
Jenny1975 wrote:
May 12th, 2017 6:30 pm
Same here yesterday or the day before. I am assuming it must have been sent out widely.

I think I'm more upset about the lack of offers this week (only 6 including a bonus offer). Confused Face
My offers have also been garbage lately....pretty much since I got over 150,000 points, my offers started to suck. Not sure if it is just a coincidence
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3586 posts
1116 upvotes
Don't know what I bought to deserve this, but got offers for vegan hair colour, protein powder, vitamins, nutritional bars, several Black Label products and ethical coffee.

Only thing I have bought out of my usual pattern was some Black Label crackers. OMG, look what happened! lmao.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
May 12th, 2017 5:46 pm
Got that too. Glad I cash in my points as soon as I get $20 or so.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2952 posts
438 upvotes
lecale wrote:
May 12th, 2017 6:35 pm
Don't know what I bought to deserve this, but got offers for vegan hair colour, protein powder, vitamins, nutritional bars, several Black Label products and ethical coffee.

Only thing I have bought out of my usual pattern was some Black Label crackers. OMG, look what happened! lmao.
This is what happens with me. Actually Black Label products and ethical coffee (although I hate coffee) sound pretty good. A lot better than Franco-American canned gravy and stovetop stuffing. Plus candies and cookies I have never bought in my life. The list goes on.

There are usually a couple of things that I do buy that show up every second week - but how many coffee filters can you use (my husband drinks one cup a day); how much Bob's Oat Meal can you use etc.?

The dog's lettuce used to show up about every 3 weeks - last week it was on my offers list but the cost was $4.49 and it was all rusty and that was the best thing about it. Price aside I wouldn't have paid 50 cents for it - it shouldn't even have been put out for sale. Lately I have been buying him the bagged Classic Iceberg or Classic Romaine at $1.99 and $2.49, respectively - if dated far enough in advance and I carefully peer into the bag to determine if the lettuce has been packaged while wet. There is one brand of organic lettuce - I like the the brand's "Mache" that is terrible for this. So I do not buy it.
Feb 26, 2010
183 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
RolandCouch wrote:
May 12th, 2017 6:33 pm
My offers have also been garbage lately....pretty much since I got over 150,000 points, my offers started to suck. Not sure if it is just a coincidence
Exact same thing happened to me! Several times I would get the offer "10,000 points for every $50 spent on anything", even 3 weeks in a row on occasion. I made great use of those, and ever since my account is over 150,000 points I dont get any interesting offers anymore. I have been using up my points lately so I just went under the 150k level yesterday for the first time, so lets see if anything changes.