• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2017 4:37 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
9757 posts
2863 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Attempt to regain lost PC Points becomes complicated: Roseman
Perry Jensen took out a mortgage with PC Financial back in 1998. His ex-wife worked at Loblaw’s (the parent company).

He collected PC points with each mortgage payment. He also carried a PC Plus card to collect points while shopping.

A Loblaw’s employee broke the card 10 years ago. It was in poor shape after being carried in a wallet in his back pocket, Jensen admits.

“I never bothered to get a new card. I’m not desperate for shopping cash and it was a hassle. I figured the points would just continue to build up,” he told me.

When he sold the house and closed his mortgage last fall, he decided to find out how many points he had collected. That turned into a long journey.

Eventually, he reached a person who said that another account had gained access to his PC points and used them.

When he wrote to PC Financial, he was asked six identifying questions and answered five correctly. He didn’t recall the email address he had when enrolling in the program.

“I pointed out the absurdity of needing to provide an email address I haven’t used in more than 15 years,” he said, “when PC Financial had all the information it would need, tied to the mortgage I had been paying for almost 20 years.”

After having no reply since February, he asked me to help him find the lost points.

PC Financial spokesperson Lana Gogas said the complaint had been sent to CIBC (which handles its mortgage operations). That was the wrong destination and caused a delay.

“Please pass along my apologies to Perry. I will ensure this gets resolved ASAP,” Gogas said.

A day later, he learned he was getting a new card to give him access to his points – all 1.87 million of them.

“Not sure what that’s worth in real money, but I think my groceries are covered for a while,” Jensen said. “I may be able to afford a better class of gruel this year.”
I find this article to be confusing. Perhaps someone who's been with the program longer than me and/or has a mortgage with PCF can clarify. Did PC Plus (or PC Points) exist 10 years ago let alone in 1998? If not are they confusing a PC Plus card with a PC Financial client card?

In any case, 1.87M points are worth $1,870. Certainly worth making an effort to recover.
veni, vidi, Visa

Help me boost my Downvote count. Please click 👎 below. Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
8661 posts
900 upvotes
Vancouver
bylo wrote:
May 16th, 2017 7:29 am
Attempt to regain lost PC Points becomes complicated: Roseman
I find this article to be confusing. Perhaps someone who's been with the program longer than me and/or has a mortgage with PCF can clarify. Did PC Plus (or PC Points) exist 10 years ago let alone in 1998? If not are they confusing a PC Plus card with a PC Financial client card?

In any case, 1.87M points are worth $1,870. Certainly worth making an effort to recover.
PC Points (not PC Plus) definitely existed in 1998, from the get go of PCF I believe. You used to get PC points for bank transactions like bill payments. Then presumably people abused it (making 1 cent bill payments) so they capped it, then eventually ditched it altogether.
General Radek had some good ideas.
Jun 30, 2010
775 posts
4876 upvotes

Finally got the earn 4000pts WUS $10 offer! For those who have used this offer before, do you know:

1. If beauty items (i.e., face creams) in the Natural Dept. are included? The fine print doesn't explicitly state it.
2. If I, for example, purchase $50 in the Natural Dept. and redeem 50,000 PC points, will I earn 20,000 pts back? I wouldn't think so, but wondered if anyone has tried this. I know the fine print says "after PC point redemptions", but it also says that about coupons, and I know from experience that bonus points are calculated BEFORE coupons are taken off (e.g., for an offer of 3000 pts WUS $30, I can spend $20 and use $10 worth of coupons and I'll still get the 3000 pts).

Thanks in advance!
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16630 posts
1665 upvotes
GTA West
What the heck. Only 1 offer this week?!

It's PC brand chicken. :confused:
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Sep 4, 2016
634 posts
284 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:09 am
What the heck. Only 1 offer this week?!

It's PC brand chicken. :confused:
The offers still start on Friday, despite the flyer now starting on Thursday.

(I've found this to be an advantage, because the offers now overlap two flyers, so on the last day you sometimes find a big sale on an item with a lot of PC points.)
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16630 posts
1665 upvotes
GTA West
invite wrote:
May 18th, 2017 7:43 am
The offers still start on Friday, despite the flyer now starting on Thursday.

(I've found this to be an advantage, because the offers now overlap two flyers, so on the last day you sometimes find a big sale on an item with a lot of PC points.)
Damnit, I thought long weekend started tomorrow! My mistake.

Edit: 15 new offers on Friday... Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on May 18th, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
5949 posts
1005 upvotes
rvcupcake wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:32 am
Finally got the earn 4000pts WUS $10 offer! For those who have used this offer before, do you know:
Wow!! That's a good one. I keep getting 3000 pts. for $30. No advice as to what it applies to as I never use it. I would use the $10 offer though!!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3463 posts
207 upvotes
Is anybody having problems accessing the PC Plus site? I'm also getting "access denied" on Loblaws's regular website.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
6666 posts
1922 upvotes
ON
It didn't work for me in the morning when I got the weekly email, but worked to load offers around 1-2pm EDT
Jul 10, 2008
682 posts
113 upvotes
Mr. Robo wrote:
May 19th, 2017 2:10 pm
Is anybody having problems accessing the PC Plus site? I'm also getting "access denied" on Loblaws's regular website.
I had no problems with the pcplus site today.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
5949 posts
1005 upvotes
Superstore Instore offer 1000 points for PC Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Truffles, 750 points for PC Bonfire Bacon.
Last edited by bonterra on May 20th, 2017 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 10, 2008
682 posts
113 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
May 20th, 2017 1:08 am
Instore offer 1000 points for PC Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Truffles, 750 points for PC Bonfire Bacon.
At what store?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16630 posts
1665 upvotes
GTA West
Do they have excess stock of hanging baskets or something?!
As a valued PC Plus® member, this Flash offer is available to you. Purchase any PC® Deluxe 11” Hanging Basket from our stores on May 23 from 4:00 pm 8:00 pm and receive 7500 pts.
- Casual Gastronomist -
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel