• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2017 8:54 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1121 posts
566 upvotes
amberjill wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 3:26 pm
I've got an offer for 12,500 points for every $125 spent, but it expires on Saturday. Is that the norm for such offers to be short lived, unlike the rest that are valid for a week?
Madevilz wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 1:20 pm
Yes, every time I get this kind of offer, it always expires on Saturdays.
It varies... Not a lot of rhyme or reason

There are definitely more offers of late that come out beyond just Friday

So worthwhile to check your Account / App a few times a week.

The majority of offers are still for 7 days (Friday to Thursday)

But, some midweek ones can be for as little as 3 or 4 days, or as much as a whole month. The average length for midweek offers tends to be 8 to 10 days (hence why they tend to expire on "odd" days)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9910 posts
872 upvotes
Markham
PointsHubby wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 9:59 pm
Happy Friday!

22 Offers as of today.

21 in JUST FOR YOU
All expire in 7 Days

And 1 in THINK YOU'D LIKE
That one is:
* 5,000 points for Booking / Having an Eye Exam
Good from August 10th to September 7th

My JUST FOR YOU offers are decent.
Including a:
*Spend $ 150 get 15,000 Points deal
(it multiplies... But I don't see myself ever spending $ 300 in one visit)

Most of the other offers are for things I buy pretty regularly (or have a history buying at Loblaws)

Did get 2 Offers I don't see very often:

* 200 Points for every $ 1 spent on Books or Magazines
* 1,000 Points for every $ 10 spent on Fresh Cut Flowers

Don't think I've seen that last one since I scored some Roses for Mother's Day

Lol, guess I could buy my honey some flowers this week
Or perhaps DELAY that coupon 3x and get a nice Fall Bouquet right around the time that the many flowers in our Garden begin to fade

Last few weeks I've been getting some Mid Week Offers as well
Curious to see what happens this week
Wish I got that many offers!
Dec 29, 2012
413 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
I have the following offers:
3000 pts for every $15 spent on PC Black Label Collection
1500 pts for PC Black Label Pasta Sauce

RCSS has the pasta sauce for $4.98. If I buy 3 of them (total $14.94), will it be rounded up to $15 in order to get the bonus 3000 pts?
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10272 posts
3176 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
yesnomaybe wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:11 pm
(total $14.94), will it be rounded up to $15 in order to get the bonus 3000 pts?
Um, yesnomaybe ;) They usually round up at x.98 and x.99 but maybe not at x.94. If not just do a points inquiry on the purchase, asking for the 3000pts as if you reached $15. That's always worked for me. Yes, no maybes. [Couldn't resist ;)]
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3757 posts
1209 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Every few weeks Zehrs/Loblaws seems to put a Black Label item on promo for 75% off.

Until 8/30 the offer this time around seems to be PC Black Label Vidal Ice Syrup which is regularly $19.99 now on for $4.99

"Harvested and pressed from frozen Vidal grapes, our divinely rich syrup is bursting with flavour nuances of apricot and plum, along with the balanced acidity of citrus. Use our versatile ice syrup in a myriad of both savoury and sweet culinary creations."
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1121 posts
566 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 4:13 pm
Every few weeks Zehrs/Loblaws seems to put a Black Label item on promo for 75% off.

Until 8/30 the offer this time around seems to be PC Black Label Vidal Ice Syrup which is regularly $19.99 now on for $4.99

"Harvested and pressed from frozen Vidal grapes, our divinely rich syrup is bursting with flavour nuances of apricot and plum, along with the balanced acidity of citrus. Use our versatile ice syrup in a myriad of both savoury and sweet culinary creations."
I really like the PC Black Label products that I've tried in the past. Some of now have been added to our "regular list" of items to have on hand.

Have not tried the Vidal Ice Syrup, but like Vidal Ice Wine from Niagara, so I might have to search out this product.

PC Website has info on most PC Products. I did find a page for the Vidal Ice Syrup with some usage tips
http://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_CA/pr ... 20051.html
yesnomaybe wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:11 pm
I have the following offers:
3000 pts for every $15 spent on PC Black Label Collection
1500 pts for PC Black Label Pasta Sauce

RCSS has the pasta sauce for $4.98. If I buy 3 of them (total $14.94), will it be rounded up to $15 in order to get the bonus 3000 pts?
The PC Black Label Offer (in various spend amounts) comes round on a regular basis on my account. Because it does not qualify for DELAY, I will often just DELAY my other PC Black Label Offers when they come up in hopes that I might get the Spend one too within the following 3 weeks. It's a real jackpot if you get to multi-stack that Black Label Spend Offer.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3757 posts
1209 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
PointsHubby wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 4:42 pm
The PC Black Label Offer (in various spend amounts) comes round on a regular basis on my account.
I've had 3k on $10 three times and this is my first time getting 3k on $15.
Dec 29, 2012
413 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
They did not round up but after doing a points inquiry I got my 3000 points anyway :)
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10272 posts
3176 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
yesnomaybe wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:38 pm
They did not round up but after doing a points inquiry I got my 3000 points anyway :)
Like I said, "That's always worked for me. Yes, no maybes. ;)"
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1514 posts
141 upvotes
Vancouver
Newbie question for you guys.

If I redeem my points and pay the balance with a PC MC, do I get points on the full amount or only the amount charged to my card?
For example, total bill $25, redeemed $20, do I get points for paying with my PC MC on $25 or $5?
The reason I ask is because the bottom of the bill says I could have earned 250 points... I'm confused...
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
1730 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone successfully redeemed their PC points for PC or any other gift cards lately, especially if you have a PC World Elite MC, I vaguely recall some one posting of picking up GC's through self check out.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1335 posts
359 upvotes
loonie wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 7:17 pm
Has anyone successfully redeemed their PC points for PC or any other gift cards lately, especially if you have a PC World Elite MC, I vaguely recall some one posting of picking up GC's through self check out.
Do you mean that at the self-checkout, you can scan your World Elite MC as your points card, then redeem points to pay for some or all of the GC?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
1730 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
akaManny wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 7:49 am
Do you mean that at the self-checkout, you can scan your World Elite MC as your points card, then redeem points to pay for some or all of the GC?
Yes, if any one has successfully done it.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1121 posts
566 upvotes
loonie wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 7:17 pm
I try to read all the PC Plus Posts here on RFD (don't think I've missed any in the last few months), and I don't recall any about someone being able to trade their points for GCs since "the breach"

I think the only way that might "appear to happen" now (as an example) would be if one bought a $ 100 GC and $ 100 in Groceries, and then redeemed $ 100 in points. Truth would be tho that the redemption was happening on the Groceries & not the GC

I think Loblaws Group was hit pretty hard by "the breach" (believe they caught some of the folks) and therefore changed their policy on GCs as well as their computer systems. They also put up signs in the stores, and trained their staff on the change, and may have also modified their cashes so that you cannot use points for GCs
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
1730 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
I wish they would bring it back in near future or at least allow the PC financial card holders to redeem for PC gift cards then I don't have to wait to hit $20 or more to redeem.