Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13064 posts
3755 upvotes
Wiseman wrote: Could you clarify, in your situation, you have your PC MC linked to your account only?
So in the past when your husband bought things, did he scan with his PC plus and pay with the supplementary MC?
Yes to both. In the past we always scanned his PC Plus and then the PC MC for payment. I had his PC Plus on my phone so I never had an account which is why I had to create a new PC Optimum account now.

I don't know, can my husband link the PC MC to his PC Optimum account even though its supplementary card to mine?

Where would the points go? To me or to him now for PC MC?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4593 posts
19423 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
what a garbage site...
try to add an optimum card and it just keeps giving me an error message.
try to send pc optimum a message through their contact us page..another error...
try to call them...phone disconnects.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1858 posts
1188 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
Managed to link my Shopper's Optimum card this morning.. Wasn't working yesterday but it worked today!
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1062 posts
857 upvotes
GTA
tim.ng07 wrote: Yea I'm guessing it's yet. I'm in the same boat and just assumign I will get some SDM exclusive ones in later weeks
YMMV but fwiw, I saw my first couple of SDM offers roughly 12 hours after I linked my old Optimum account.
Apr 19, 2005
699 posts
69 upvotes
I still get an unknown error when I try to link my new PC Optimum card to my PC Optimum App. :(
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
1162 posts
196 upvotes
I linked 2 SDM optimum (me and my wife's) both to my new PC optimum app. Now I got double SDM exclusive offers. Like 4000 pts when send $20 (i guess it was from my old SDM card?) AND another one is 3000 pts when spend $20.
If I show the new PC optimum card which offer will apply?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
5275 posts
1435 upvotes
Toronto
New app (Android ver.) timed out every now and then. It just remembered my old login (used when app was still PC Plus).

Anyone know how to clear it? I know I can just re-type the new login e-mail to get around it.

TIA
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
bonterra wrote: Managed to get switched over, not a seamless process, website down, weird messages like "there was a problem with your token". What the heck is a token?

Took an hour and a half.

Offers are weird, nothing I've ever bought or will buy, all PC or No Name brands, except for produce, My carried forward offers have disappeared.

Wonder if we'll get our regular new offers at midnight tonight?
Hi Bonterra,

It was indeed a crazy day... Even here on RFD.
It did not turn out as planned for anyone, including the Users or PC Optimum HQ

It looked like a good old fashioned RUN THE BANK

I was surprised that it did not run smoother... clearly something went off the rails
And then the website or entire system was pulled or collapsed...

As I said in another post, I think it was shear volume that overwhelmed the whole process

Lol, between this event and the 2016 AirMiles Fiasco, I think it can be safely said that Cdns take their Loyalty Memberships very seriously ... we are HIGHLY INVESTED in our Points

I honestly think they worked hard to roll out a good program...
they put a lot of thought & effort into pre launch info
And had a well organized website with well written documentation
(Info - T&Cs - FAQs etc)

And as an early bird, when everything went LIVE in the early morning hours (actually around 2:00 AM) I can say it looked AWESOME
And performed great in the first few hours

But it quickly ran into trouble... stuff started not preforming as it should have. The App bummed out early in the game
And it was the Apple version... which made it all the worse (high PR consequence)
My own App which I downloaded right around 5:00 AM ... still has a major bug
Thinking I need to delete and reload.

As for Offers.
I am still optimistic

I honestly think they concentrated on other computer aspects and not this
Seems as most folks reporting back here on RFD got very basic (almost generic Offers) across the board
So as if there were 100 items in some large basket... and everyone got a random set of 10 (or 11) on Day 1

I do believe the offers will improve over time

But sadly this is just one more issue that NOW PC Optimum finds themselves in a situation where they have to FIX SOONER THAN LATER

They now really have their backs up against the wall with the bad press from yesterday...
Lots to fix and not a lot of time before the bad press just builds against them even more

This rollout was far from soft & easy...
It was most definitely HARD & AGRESSIVE
Let’s hope it gets back on track before things turn really UGLY

I am still a believer
But the pressure is on
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mikka2017 wrote: Maybe I’ll just go instore get brand new number pc opt account and then link again¿? No hurt having two cards get different offers
Unfortunately, as per the T&Cs that are for the NEW PC Optimum Program it’s one account per person, verified to your email account.
So not like the good old SDM or PC Plus Programs where folks had multiple cards to improve their Offers, and then transfer Points later... the transfer option is gone too in PC Optimum
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
speedyforme wrote: Yes to both. In the past we always scanned his PC Plus and then the PC MC for payment. I had his PC Plus on my phone so I never had an account which is why I had to create a new PC Optimum account now.

I don't know, can my husband link the PC MC to his PC Optimum account even though its supplementary card to mine?

Where would the points go? To me or to him now for PC MC?
I don't have the answer to that question.

I'm in a similar situation as you but I never linked the PC WE Mastercard to any PC Plus account because I thought it would default to only use my PC plus offers. Hoping someone can chime in with their experience.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ging54321 wrote: I got an email from PC Optimum tonight saying X tried linking their card to my account as we likely shared an account previously, however I don't know anyone with the name X. I was given a link to contact member care which I did online but I may not get a response for a few days. Is it possible for someone to access and link a card to my account without me knowing it?
This post is really concerning to me... considering all the problems the PC Optimum Computers were having.

Based on what i’ve pieced together thru the merger
Normally... it would be a case of either 2 Accounts that share a PC MasterCard being linked up (like Husband & Wife)
Or, could be what is known as a Household Invite
Where someone you know is asking if you’d like to pool / share Points for Earning & Redeeming

But if you do not know Person X... then that raises alarm bells for me

Please continue to pursue this... and hopefully you’ve kept documentation emails / screen shots as backup proof

Do keep us posted on what becomes of this.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29129 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I never had an SDM Optimum card. But my mom, who died several years ago, used to have one (or maybe two.) I found a couple of her cards. One linked to my account with no problems using the PC Opt app. That required an e-mail verification. Good thing I still have her e-mail account. And now I've inherited a few dollars in points.

The other card won't link. I get a message to go to a store and a cashier will be happy to help me. Before I do that, I thought I'd ask people who may know some SDM Optimum card history...

The card that linked OK is like the ones pictured on the PC Opt website, white background with gold circles and maroon printing. The one that won't link has a maroon background with silver printing. Both cards have the same 603207 prefix.

Anyone know if, when SDM changed card colours, they made the old cards obsolete? I'm wondering if that's why that card won't link.

If there's a restriction to one SDM Opt card to a PC Opt account then that may explain this as well. Is there such a restriction?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29129 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
PointsHubby wrote: I am back online having enjoyed a nice long sleep after yesterday’s marathon posting session of 36+ Hours.
Welcome back! Hope you're well rested as the circus continues... ;)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Jessica1906 wrote: With the advice of the people here, I went to a SDM, asked to link the card so I scanned my optimum card, they scanned the new PCO card and voila! Much easier than linking through the app as now I just link the PCO card through the app.

So if I use the key fob scanner, will this translate to my main account?
Glad it went so well for you.

Yes the key fob ties into your PC Optimum Account... although you may have to link it to your account, or use it once to activate it

Although handy, personally we don’t use it... seeing it as a bit of a security risk... your account could be exposed if you lose it Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
3447 posts
894 upvotes
Looks like they’re rolling out Shoppers specific offers today. I got 3000 points for spending $20 and 20X the points for milk.
Commemorative loonie rolls, quarter rolls, 50 cent rolls all different kinds of rolls contact for details. Venetian glass bee $250 plus shipping. 20for20 canoe $30 shipped 20for20 polar bear $30 shipped. Lots of 5 packs loons, toons and quaters
May 23, 2007
642 posts
384 upvotes
Kanata
I haven't been able to login to the site since the change. Should I be using my existing email and password? I look forward to seeing my Pc plus offers every Friday but no go. Not even an email stating to load your offers. I knew this was going to happen, the best reward program is now butchered. Unreal.
Oct 20, 2016
74 posts
25 upvotes
Can't find my old Shoppers card. Any way to find out the number? Can't log in to the Shopper's website anymore. It's the same email address as my new PC Optimum account.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8524 posts
2941 upvotes
0 downvotes
Finally went to the nearby Loblaws owned Real Canadian Super Centre, Lady was handing out PC Optimum cards, decided to grab one. I already have an account set up and transferred my Shoppers Optimum points over, I used to have 13,000 Shoppers optimum points, but after conversion its like 15,000 Presidents Choice Optimum points, so yeah I think I did pretty good, I don't know why people are complaining?

Amyways back to my question. The barcode and card number on the mobile app do not match the card number they gave me, and here is another interesting thing, the cards they give out, were actually 2 cards a full size credit card sized PC optimum card, and a smaller key chain sized card. EACH CARD had its own unique bar code number which is different than the bar code on my mobile app. I want to add the bar code to the other app on my wifes phone called StoCard, so which bar code should I add? the app bar code or the credit card sized one or the keychain sized one?

Can anyone help me?
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
timeoninternet wrote: I like to have physical card and app showing the card as well. Do I update and merge using the app first? Get the card and merge with the app?
Hopefully... you see my post in time

The best way to do this type of request is Card BEFORE App

PC Optimum was not very clear on this in their pre launch documentation ... sadly

They assumed folks with the App already would not want a Card too... they were wrong

Anyone who loaded the App first, but also wanted a plastic card has run into issues (myself included)

So the Best Scenario is GET THE NEW CARD... then work on getting online via the website... and last add the App
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29129 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
pentagonjr wrote: Can't find my old Shoppers card. Any way to find out the number? Can't log in to the Shopper's website anymore. It's the same email address as my new PC Optimum account.
I just went through the same exercise, except that I managed to find a card. I'd suggest you take the card to a SDM or Loblaw store and ask for assistance. I imagine they should be able to look up your account based on e-mail address.
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)