• Oct 17th, 2017 3:01 am
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3755 posts
1209 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 5:25 pm
The wife spent 92.26 yesterday and got 0 points.
I went yesterday specifically to buy stuff that was on offer, and I'll go back for whatever else later (and use up some points). You do have to check your offers and make a shopping list of them, not just hope you get points by sheer coincidence.

10-20% of your offers are things you don't buy but might, based on your history...if you don't like these offers delete them or they will clutter up your offers quickly. You might get up to 80+ offers divided over 3 weeks and then the cycle starts again so you don't need useless offers in there. Go and scan your card 1-2 times a week to get more offers. Delete, delete, delete the irrelevant ones. Better, more relevant ones will replace them.

That's my advice.
Images
  • pcoffers.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3597 posts
642 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks for the advice but...It's not that we're looking for points on sheer coincidence. Nearly all of my offers are for items that I just bought a few days earlier. Then when my new offers come out on Thursday, it's for the exact items that I just bought and don't need again. The other offers, I have absolutely no use for them so I delete them.

Eg. Just bought cauliflower, IOGO, strawberries, Old Mill bread, Foremost butter, baked sweets and Tropicana juice on Tuesday. Got these exact items as offers yesterday. That's 7/12 tailored offers.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3755 posts
1209 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Oh that's brutal. You need to go to the store/scan twice a week so you get double the offers. No big spend required, e.g., just a separate trip for a bag of milk. Then it's not so bad if 7/24 offers are repeats...actually kinda useful: easier to use the offers. I usually go twice a week and usually have close to 30 offers and a chunk of them are repeats like that but with that many offers, I don't mind. Figure out what day your store does markdowns somewhere Mon-Wed and go cruise the clearance rack, or hit the grocery store the next time you mean to hit a convenience store/takeout, or find some other excuse to go in for an extra trip. It will really make a difference for you.

If you load your offers every week but never scan your card it is possible to get 0 offers after a few weeks so it makes a difference. I'm just full of free advice today ;)
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10063 posts
459 upvotes
Mississauga
lecale wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 8:48 pm
Oh that's brutal. You need to go to the store/scan twice a week so you get double the offers. No big spend required, e.g., just a separate trip for a bag of milk. Then it's not so bad if 7/24 offers are repeats...actually kinda useful: easier to use the offers. I usually go twice a week and usually have close to 30 offers and a chunk of them are repeats like that but with that many offers, I don't mind. Figure out what day your store does markdowns somewhere Mon-Wed and go cruise the clearance rack, or hit the grocery store the next time you mean to hit a convenience store/takeout, or find some other excuse to go in for an extra trip. It will really make a difference for you.

If you load your offers every week but never scan your card it is possible to get 0 offers after a few weeks so it makes a difference. I'm just full of free advice today ;)
There are some weeks I go 2-3 times to the grocery store and I see no extra offers or better saving offers as a result.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3755 posts
1209 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
dmdsoftware2 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 6:26 pm
There are some weeks I go 2-3 times to the grocery store and I see no extra offers or better saving offers as a result.
2-3x some weeks is not the same as 2x every single week, which is what I am suggesting.

You get more 1k pts per $5 and 2k pts per $10 offers when you scan your card more often, and they tend to be category offers, e.g., all of Bakery, all of Meals-to-Go, all of Kitchen Prep, etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2058 posts
474 upvotes
Is it just us or all the PCPlus coupon offers on Friday went down hill lately? we have 4 accounts and they all were crappy offers 2 weeks in a roll now, really disappointed
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1335 posts
359 upvotes
mkl38s wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 10:50 am
Is it just us or all the PCPlus coupon offers on Friday went down hill lately? we have 4 accounts and they all were crappy offers 2 weeks in a roll now, really disappointed
I am not seeing any down hill in our 3 accounts. One had the offer 10,000 pts For every $100 spent in store. Our buying pattern hasn't changed much, up or down, in the last few weeks. I use several offers every week in each account.
Nov 26, 2014
99 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hi, I got a PC plus card about a week ago and on that very day I bought over 50 dollars worth of grocery and up to now it's more like 150 bucks, but today checking my account online I noticed I have zero points.

I emailed them, they did not get back to me. I checked and everything else is okay, I mean have registered my card properly, I showed my card during the purchases, and my purchases also show up when I visit their website but for each of them says zero points.

For those of you who've used this card for a while, my question is this: Are there only specific items that give you points? And secondly, today I noticed you're supposed to "load" your offers on your card, so so my question is if you don't, you won't get any points no matter what you buy? My aunt is an older lady and she has a card for like a year and goes shopping sometimes but she doesn't have internet so I'm thinking if that's the case, I might as well tell her not use the card. But I gotta figure this out myself first. Thanks for your help.
Mar 22, 2015
74 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Partly wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 1:24 am
For those of you who've used this card for a while, my question is this: Are there only specific items that give you points? And secondly, today I noticed you're supposed to "load" your offers on your card, so so my question is if you don't, you won't get any points no matter what you buy? My aunt is an older lady and she has a card for like a year and goes shopping sometimes but she doesn't have internet so I'm thinking if that's the case, I might as well tell her not use the card. But I gotta figure this out myself first. Thanks for your help.
It's not like Optimum or Canadian Tire where you get points for every dollar spent, but rather for certain items (ex. 200 pts for every can of a certain brand of soup) or amounts spent (ex. 500 pts for every dollar spent on certain brand of soup, or 10000 pts when you spend $50 on anything or 3000 when you spent $10 in the Natural Foods section, and so on). There are online offers and in-store offers. The online ones you have to load every week, the in-store ones are usually advertised in the flyer or on the tag.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1116 posts
564 upvotes
Partly wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 1:24 am
Hi, I got a PC plus card about a week ago and on that very day I bought over 50 dollars worth of grocery and up to now it's more like 150 bucks, but today checking my account online I noticed I have zero points.

I emailed them, they did not get back to me. I checked and everything else is okay, I mean have registered my card properly, I showed my card during the purchases, and my purchases also show up when I visit their website but for each of them says zero points.

lookingfortv wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 2:10 am
It's not like Optimum or Canadian Tire where you get points for every dollar spent, but rather for certain items (ex. 200 pts for every can of a certain brand of soup) or amounts spent (ex. 500 pts for every dollar spent on certain brand of soup, or 10000 pts when you spend $50 on anything or 3000 when you spent $10 in the Natural Foods section, and so on). There are online offers and in-store offers. The online ones you have to load every week, the in-store ones are usually advertised in the flyer or on the tag.
This

The whole idea of the PC Plus Program* is that it is interactive... A relationship between Loblaws Corp,Marketing and the Consumer... So it definitely requires access to the Internet to see & load offers that are CUSTOMIZED to your shopping habits. Website alone works, but if you also have the mobile app, then the Customer has even greater ability to interact / manipulate the offers (true DELAY or DELETE options etc)

Offers come online every Friday, and you have to log in to load them. If you don't log in that week, then they don't load.

* Shoppers Drug Mart is now owned by the Loblaws Group, Optimum still gives points on total spent, but more & more they too are moving towards a more interactive program where the Customer has to log into the website & download bonus offers. In fact this is becoming the new norm... Where once you had to clip coupons, now you have to log into the website to get your "virtual coupons"... Cdn Tire does this too now.

Sounds like unless your Aunt gets the Internet, then this is not the program for her.

For yourself, it might serve you well... Generally speaking, the more you show your card & manage your offers, the better the offers get. Browse thru this thread and you'll find lots of info on how to get the most of program, and tips & tricks to maximize points earning.
Nov 26, 2014
99 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Reps to you both, thank you for your helpful replies, glad I asked!
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1116 posts
564 upvotes
Did a decent sized grocery stock up this weekend... First one in ages after spending the Summer clearing out the Freezer and eating veggies from the garden, complimented by multiple quick pick ups for Bread, Milk, Eggs, Citrus, etc

First stop, Costco for mostly meats... Chicken, Steaks, Chops and Sausages = $ 200, and another $ 100 on other grocery items.
Second stop, Loblaws for mostly veggies & items on sale / PC Plus offers. Spent $ 100, and earned 12,000 in PC Points ($ 12 = 12% back)

Best PC Plus deal were the Wonder Soft Bagels which cost $ 3.49 and earned 3,000 Points = $ 3. Figure 49 cents was an awesome price for 6 bagels. We chose the Cinnamon flavour over the plain, and find them quite tasty. Would consider buying again, PC Points or not.

Have one more grocery run on my list... Need to get out to both Sobey's & Costco to pick up a few odds & ends that they have on sale / promo.
Jul 11, 2011
791 posts
464 upvotes
Ontario
Picked up the Wonder Bagels off the clearance rack for $1.75 -- Cinnamon, dated Sept 29th

Got paid $1.25 to take these home and try them. Thanks PC Points!
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3044 posts
284 upvotes
Wat
You can also PM the bagels with Giant Tiger for $1.88. Today's the last day.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1108 posts
180 upvotes
Is it a general rule that is you mostly spend at No Frills your offers will tend to be 10% whereas RCSS would be 20%?

I observed that my mom tends to get mostly 10% offers and she does most of her shopping at No Frills.

I mostly shop at RCSS and mostly get 20% offers. Sometimes we get exactly the same produce offers and she gets 10% while I get 20%.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)