PC Plus Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 2:50 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3765 posts
1210 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
In the East the cheese offer went from 12:00 AM Thursday to 12:00 AM Friday 8 days later.
Apr 10, 2017
330 posts
81 upvotes
Are there better small appliances at RCSS?

I went to a Loblaws yesterday and attempted to buy a GC using my pts. Got rejected (any work around this?).

Anyway, since I'm a new home owner I can buy some new small appliances like a kettle and a toaster oven. The selection at the Loblaws we visited was a bit underwhelming.

I currently have $360 worth of pts
Sep 9, 2017
45 posts
16 upvotes
Winnipeg
Finally caved and got the app! Looking forward to being able to delete and defer offers, not to mention having the offers in hand while shopping instead of scribbled on a grocery list.
Jan 19, 2017
427 posts
116 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 7:46 pm

I went to a Loblaws yesterday and attempted to buy a GC using my pts. Got rejected (any work around this?).

Anyway, since I'm a new home owner I can buy some new small appliances like a kettle and a toaster oven. The selection at the Loblaws we visited was a bit underwhelming.

Can you just buy food and other things?
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10289 posts
3186 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Biscayne05 wrote:
GCs have not been redeemable with points since Jan17.

1. Use the $xx you have in points to buy stuff you'd otherwise have bought at Loblaws and paid with cash/credit card.
2. Use the $xx cash/credit you saved in 1. to buy the GCs you would have bought at Loblaws, somewhere else.
3. Go to 1.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jan 9, 2011
818 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver
Biscayne05 wrote:
Why would you let them accumulate to that amount? The value isn't going to increase by holding them—rising prices means they'll be worth less and less. Better to redeem them as quickly as you can. I redeem 20k points at a time for $20 off my grocery bill.

Anyone else get no "we think you'll like" offers this week? This is the second week in a row I didn't get any.
Jul 11, 2011
794 posts
465 upvotes
Ontario
Kiraly wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 6:03 pm
Why would you let them accumulate to that amount? The value isn't going to increase by holding them—rising prices means they'll be worth less and less. Better to redeem them as quickly as you can. I redeem 20k points at a time for $20 off my grocery bill.

Anyone else get no "we think you'll like" offers this week? This is the second week in a row I didn't get any.
If that's the Thursday offer then no, I didn't get one either. First time that I haven't
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
4239 posts
1376 upvotes
Has anyone ever had missing points from PCMC?

Two weeks ago, I was STILL missing "20X" worth of points from No Frills purchase.

I submitted inquiry, PC PLUS gave me the points.. however I am concerned how this could happen. I thought this was automatic points deliver from MC. I don't want to track every transaction, as I have a lot. I want to trust they'll at least get this right?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3765 posts
1210 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
I have 3,000 pts For every $15 spent on PC Coffee for my Thursday offer.
Sep 9, 2017
45 posts
16 upvotes
Winnipeg
I have 2 Thursday offers:

2,000 points for every $10 spent on Suraj products. Hopefully I can finally use my $9.99 Suraj basmati rice raincheck (forever out of stock).

3,000 points for every $20 spent on Health & Beauty. This would likely stack with my 600 points/$3 on Vaseline body lotion or spray. I'm debating whether to use this offer or just wait til SDM SYP event to stock up on H & B.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
1538 posts
144 upvotes
Vancouver
Kiraly wrote:

I am not as extreme I only got like $70. My problem is I usually just buy a few items at a time what I need for the next couple days so my bill is usually under $20 lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1133 posts
570 upvotes
Kiraly wrote:

YES & NO

When one decides to redeem is personal.

We tend to let our points ride for awhile, and use them when "we feel" it is most advantageous to us.

That could be:

1- To stockpile the Freezer when particular stuff is on sale (ie Steaks for Summertime BBQs)
2- For Special Occasions when a lot of food is needed (Christmas, Easter etc)
3- To offset times when money might be tighter (ie Christmas Season or in January post Holiday Season)
4- OR cause there happens to be a very worthwhile BONUS Redemption Event

Such as the last one at the end of June:

If you redeem 50,000 points or more, you get 5,000 points back.
If you redeem 100,000 points or more, you get 15,000 points back.
If you redeem 150,000 points or more, you get 30,000 points back.
Only one points offer per transaction, and it cannot be stacked/combined with any other offer.
Points cannot be redeemed for Gift Cards.
In these cases, clearly the more you cash in, then the more you earn back (10% - 15% - 20%)

So ya your points CAN INCREASE IN VALUE ... Depending upon how you choose to use them

Cashing them every time you reach 20,000 Points = $ 20 is one way. But I'm guessing that would put you at the bottom tier of getting the most out of the program (<= 5%)

Whereas there are many others in the PC Plus Program getting a much higher return, in the 10% to 15% range.

And a few of us who are wisely shopping the store (sales strategy buying) working the program to our advantage and not theirs... Getting more like 15% to 20% PLUS in Groceries etc back annually.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6174 posts
1089 upvotes
Kiraly wrote:

None for 2 weeks in a row.

Did get a 2500 points for wings offer this week and wings are $8.98 a box. Wish I had more freezer space. I do like PC wings.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1133 posts
570 upvotes
Re - WE THINK YOU'D LIKE OFFERS

I've found for about a month now, I have not always been getting at least a few of these offers "automatically" on Fridays... But then when I check back later in the week, some are there. Although the majority of them are only good for a few days (ie until rollover Friday @ midnite)

Clearly, PC Plus is changing things up... And experimenting wth how they roll out offers, and also probably using it to see when people check their accounts etc

To be honest they've trained us well. We now use our card every.single.time we go into the store (known offers or not) and check our account several times a week vs just beginning (Friday) and end (Thursday) as well as when we are in store... Now it's more like every second day (easy peasy on the App) whether we are in the store or not
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10289 posts
3186 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
PointsHubby wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 3:52 pm
We now use our card every.single.time we go into the store (known offers or not)
How could you not do so if you use a linked PC MC to pay? Presumably that linkage tells PC Plus that you've been shopping at their stores even if there were no eligible bonus points offers.

FWIW we use our PC MC to pay for all grocery purchases, whether at Loblaws-chain stores or other large grocery stores or smaller ethnic food stores. I figure that tells PC Plus that we do shop around and hopefully "encourages" them to offer us good deals.
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

embguy