• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 9:34 am
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1430 posts
757 upvotes
Kevinck wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 2:16 pm
So can you actually "hold an offer" and extend it for a week? i heard that this was available in the mobile app a year ago but never installed it. today i just installed the android app and can't find any mention of this hold offer feature.
Swipe Right, Swipe Left ?

Might depend on your phone, my phone I swipe left. When you do so, you'll see 2 options... DON'T SHOW AGAIN and DELAY.

You can DELAY up to 3 items from the JUST FOR YOU List (some exceptions apply... Ie Spend $ X and get Y Points).
You can DELAY any one item up to 3 weeks in a row.
You cannot DELAY offers from other lists... (ie THINK YOU'D LIKE - NEW PRODUCTS etc)

The DON'T SHOW AGAIN option means you won't be sent this offer until such time as you buy it again. It can take up to 3 weeks though to go into effect (according to some here on RFD... YMMV)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7454 posts
2403 upvotes
ON
I've delayed more than 3x.
Might be item/offer dependent.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2598 posts
423 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Apparently i only tried swipe right before posting. swipe left worked the first time. thanks.
PointsHubby wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 2:42 pm
The DON'T SHOW AGAIN option means you won't be sent this offer until such time as you buy it again. It can take up to 3 weeks though to go into effect (according to some here on RFD... YMMV)
If i choose Don't Show Again for some offers does that mean in the future weeks i will get less offers? Or will it substitute new random things into my offers thus keeping my total number of offers around the same?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1430 posts
757 upvotes
Kevinck wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 9:35 am
Apparently i only tried swipe right before posting. swipe left worked the first time. thanks.

If i choose Don't Show Again for some offers does that mean in the future weeks i will get less offers? Or will it substitute new random things into my offers thus keeping my total number of offers around the same?
They'll just sub another for it, so your number of offers remain the same (ie you normally get 12 to 15 offers, you'll still get that many)

For the JUST FOR YOU section, it's a computer program based on your buying habits... So the items in that category are strategically based on what you purchased in the past* or might be interested in in the future.

Example... You like to buy Orville Redenbacher Popcorn for your movie nights at home. This means you could see an offer for it, or maybe they send you one for the President's Choice Brand, Jiffy Pop, or some other junk food... Like Chips, Doritos, Cheezies

The YOU MIGHT LIKE and NEW PRODUCTS offers are from a set list for that week PC Plus Members get... They may have 5 or so items in each list (my best estimate), some members get 1 or 2, some members get more ... Again based of how much you use the program / are likely to spend. These are the offers you read about the most here on RFD, cause they are more interesting than the everyday stuff (ie Tomatoes, Onions, Butter). Plus they usually come with a big hunk of points for purchasing... Often I believe these items are driven by the suppliers (ie equivalent to old Manufacturer's Coupons). Typically these offers CANNOT BE DELAYED... Although often they are good for 10 to 14 days before they expire

Right now I have 2 Offers:

1,000 Points on Neilson Milk (4 Litres)
and
2,000 Points on every $ 10 on Tide Pods or Gain Flings

Two interesting features of the PC Plus Program:

* 1- Past Spending - if you log into the full website (not mobile) you can access far more info about your account. Including your past spends, points earned (and on what), and points redeemed. You can also access lists of your top bought items (top 25 thru 100). This is the lust that generates the JUST FOR YOU offers

2- The more you work the program... The more it works for you. Log in often, shop often, use the offers, be sure & use you card EVERY time, and basically interact with the website (ie DELAY if necessary). Loblaws Corp then gets what they want, a more accurate account of you their Customer... In exchange you get more & better offers.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2598 posts
423 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Wow I have a pleasant story about pcplus. I got an offer for 7500 points for every $75 spent. My total before tax came to 149.53. I was expecting to miss out on the extra 7500 points but suprisingly I got 15000. Not sure I'd they included the $2 of tax when calculating or if they are just being nice and giving you a dollar leeway in achieving the offer.
Aug 27, 2014
59 posts
12 upvotes
I downloaded the app and used it at the store (as a card) because I didn't have the card with me at the time and didn't want to go back home. Offers were loaded. However the transaction shows up in my account but gave exactly 0 points, even 1 week later. I made an inquiry for the 1400 points I should have gotten, and got them a few hours later.

I'm not sure how it is supposed to work but I have to say they are quick to give points.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
4166 posts
1167 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Kevinck wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 7:27 pm
Wow I have a pleasant story about pcplus. I got an offer for 7500 points for every $75 spent. My total before tax came to 149.53. I was expecting to miss out on the extra 7500 points but suprisingly I got 15000. Not sure I'd they included the $2 of tax when calculating or if they are just being nice and giving you a dollar leeway in achieving the offer.
There is some rounding fudge factor in the system. If I have a 200pts per dollar spent offer on cauliflower, and a head is $4.99, they'll give me 1,000pts, not 800. I think I had a 4,000pts for $20 spend on cat food once give it to me for 1 $16.99 or $17.99 bag, but I could be remembering incorrectly.

There appears to be a point on some offers where the system says "close enough."
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1430 posts
757 upvotes
LuxErus wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:50 pm
I downloaded the app and used it at the store (as a card) because I didn't have the card with me at the time and didn't want to go back home. Offers were loaded. However the transaction shows up in my account but gave exactly 0 points, even 1 week later. I made an inquiry for the 1400 points I should have gotten, and got them a few hours later.

I'm not sure how it is supposed to work but I have to say they are quick to give points.
Your not the first to have problems with the App version of the PC Plus Card (think it is the bar code scan)

At any rate, yes it is good to know that the online CSR folks respond quickly with corrections... Certainly has been my experience as well whenever I've maid a Points Inquiry
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7315 posts
482 upvotes
I've never had issues with getting points that sometimes got missed. Sucks you have to call in but they are very good about it.

And yes almost all stores round up which is nice.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10524 posts
3340 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
speedyforme wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:39 am
Sucks you have to call in but they are very good about it.
You don't have to call in. Using the smartphone app you can lookup your purchase history and make a claim with just a few keystrokes. The app even fills in the long transaction reference number at the bottom of your receipt.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7315 posts
482 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:51 am
You don't have to call in. Using the smartphone app you can lookup your purchase history and make a claim with just a few keystrokes. The app even fills in the long transaction reference number at the bottom of your receipt.
Oh nice, haven had to do that in a while so I'm glad it's in the app now.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1430 posts
757 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:51 am
Good to know. Did not know this feature was on the App.
In the past we have done it thru the website... which also has autofill for some line items... lol, but not them all.