• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2018 3:25 pm
May 28, 2012
9523 posts
1821 upvotes
Saskatoon
bylo wrote:
Jul 27th, 2014 5:21 pm
WAG: RCSS sells TVs, cameras and other electronics some of which easily cost more than that.
Did you look at his PC points tally? He got 256,000 points in one transaction.
Oct 23, 2007
60 posts
2 upvotes
Winnipeg
Lol....it was an item on my offers. I always buy the noname brand of it, and it was an offer for a brand name of the item. Which was an awesome price that i would have bought 30 of.... BUT.... They happened to ad match it that week. So i bought 150 of them and paid for the rest of my groceries.

Since the beginning of pcplus ive always been watching for something like this to happen and it finally did. Me, my sister, and my gf have accounts and i always go through our lists checking for who has the best offers....even if i have to make a few trips.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8397 posts
1609 upvotes
London
david754 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2014 8:42 pm
Lol....it was an item on my offers. I always buy the noname brand of it, and it was an offer for a brand name of the item. Which was an awesome price that i would have bought 30 of.... BUT.... They happened to ad match it that week. So i bought 150 of them and paid for the rest of my groceries.

Since the beginning of pcplus ive always been watching for something like this to happen and it finally did. Me, my sister, and my gf have accounts and i always go through our lists checking for who has the best offers....even if i have to make a few trips.
Don't be coy, wtf was it?
May 28, 2012
9523 posts
1821 upvotes
Saskatoon
Ottomaddox wrote:
Jul 27th, 2014 9:19 pm
Don't be coy, wtf was it?
I can't see my Superstore having 150 of a single item on the shelf either.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3704 posts
501 upvotes
Richmond
a bbq? knives? had an offer for every $25 of kitchen, home decor stuff bought 5000 pc points awarded.
Jan 8, 2011
413 posts
83 upvotes
London
A good deal available for some at Superstore:

My mom and I both had offers this week for 400 points for every $1 spent on fresh beef. They had their whole beef tenderloin on sale this week for $9.77/lb (Reg/ ~ $16/lb). I bought a $73 chunk of beef and ended up getting $28 worth of points back for it at checkout. Seems like a decent deal if you eat beef tenderloin. I'll be cutting mine into steaks.

Admittedly, I don't know what the going rate for beef tenderloin is at Costco, so it still might be a better deal there.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
5633 posts
635 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
This program is so messed up. Two weeks ago I loaded an email offer for 1200 points with a purchase of Smokin Stampede BBQ sauces. I bought two and got only 200 points.

I repeatedly get offers for 2400 points with purchase of 1.45 kg box of Loads of Raisins cereal. I have gone to four RCSS locations in. GVA and none of them even has a shelf space for that size.

I had a weird experience this week. I had an email offer of 200 points for every $1.00 of onions. There was a three pound bag of onions for $1.97, so I was three cents short of $2.00.

I saw a tiny onion in a nearby bin that would put me over the $2.00 Mark, so I picked it up, thinking I would have a problem because the onions would be two purchases.

Instead, I got 200 points for the $1.97 purchase plus 200 points for the $0.44 tiny onion.

Go figure.
Earthlings, you're evicted.
You are not getting the damage deposit back.

God
May 28, 2012
9523 posts
1821 upvotes
Saskatoon
sn02py wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2014 12:28 pm
A good deal available for some at Superstore:

My mom and I both had offers this week for 400 points for every $1 spent on fresh beef. They had their whole beef tenderloin on sale this week for $9.77/lb (Reg/ ~ $16/lb). I bought a $73 chunk of beef and ended up getting $28 worth of points back for it at checkout. Seems like a decent deal if you eat beef tenderloin. I'll be cutting mine into steaks.

Admittedly, I don't know what the going rate for beef tenderloin is at Costco, so it still might be a better deal there.
It's not a better deal in terms of price...but it's much better quality. I usually buy ribeye steak, but last time I checked, the tenderloin was over $30/kg at Costco, even more for the cleaned-up fresh packs. I bought a tenderloin roast at Wholesale Club once (same supplier as Superstore), and it was not good, haven't been tempted since.
Oct 23, 2007
60 posts
2 upvotes
Winnipeg
Mars2012 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2014 5:33 pm
Did you look at his PC points tally? He got 256,000 points in one transaction.

evaporated milk.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3704 posts
501 upvotes
Richmond
MexiCanuck wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2014 1:05 pm
This program is so messed up. Two weeks ago I loaded an email offer for 1200 points with a purchase of Smokin Stampede BBQ sauces. I bought two and got only 200 points.

I repeatedly get offers for 2400 points with purchase of 1.45 kg box of Loads of Raisins cereal. I have gone to four RCSS locations in. GVA and none of them even has a shelf space for that size.

I had a weird experience this week. I had an email offer of 200 points for every $1.00 of onions. There was a three pound bag of onions for $1.97, so I was three cents short of $2.00.

I saw a tiny onion in a nearby bin that would put me over the $2.00 Mark, so I picked it up, thinking I would have a problem because the onions would be two purchases.

Instead, I got 200 points for the $1.97 purchase plus 200 points for the $0.44 tiny onion.

Go figure.
your offer for onions would include everything that's onions. So you received 200 points for 1.97 +$0.44 =$2.41 so uh 400 points. And points are apparently spread and divided on your receipt over your multiple purchases of onions.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
5633 posts
635 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
bluebellrose wrote:
Aug 5th, 2014 1:39 am
your offer for onions would include everything that's onions. So you received 200 points for 1.97 +$0.44 =$2.41 so uh 400 points. And points are apparently spread and divided on your receipt over your multiple purchases of onions.
Maybe the program is less messed up than I was thinking, because it's pretty clear that my thinking was messed up this time. Thanks for helping me understand it.
Earthlings, you're evicted.
You are not getting the damage deposit back.

God
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
11142 posts
3769 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
MexiCanuck wrote:
Aug 5th, 2014 10:55 am
Maybe the program is less messed up than I was thinking
It's not so much that this sort of offer is messed up as it is devious. Packages of onions and carrots are usually priced ending in $n.99 so that you lose the last dollar's worth of bonus no matter what (reasonable) quantity you buy. Even when you buy loose produce by weight on average you lose about 50% of a dollar's points.
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3704 posts
501 upvotes
Richmond
i just think of the points as bonus points on top of whatever I earn with my credit card.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
3960 posts
10 upvotes
Markham/GTA
When I am at checkout, they ask for my pc points card. I don't have a card but I have an account and the app on my phone.

I am using MBNA credit card as my primary grocery card, not PC mastercard. Would it benefit me by presenting pc points on my phone? I don't think I got points last time but it was a small purchase.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)