Aug 18, 2005
16972 posts
1857 upvotes
GTA West
bylo wrote:
Apr 7th, 2017 3:04 pm
Do you ever get offers for guy stuff?

Maybe they think you're non-binary ;)
Guy stuff? I don't recall buying any. Perhaps I should pick up some frozen pizzas and back bacon to even it out! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
lecale wrote:
Apr 7th, 2017 4:54 pm
Buddy requested some KD and for weeks I got kids offers - deal on toys and chicken nuggets and lunch snacks. You must have bought something girly and not realized it. Tampons? jk, but you obviously set of their gaydar. Just delete, delete, delete. Get well soon.
LOL. I guess it must be all of the Neutrogena acne cream and avocados that I buy. Face With Tears Of Joy
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
14098 posts
4572 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Apr 7th, 2017 3:11 pm
I just spoke with a store manager about PC+ redemptions for gift cards. He says the stores have conference calls every week. Every week they raise the issue of the suspension of redemptions for GCs. Every week PC stalls and says they're working on it. His opinion is that the suspension will be permanent. That would piss me off royally.

I don't know what we can do to change PC's opinion. Launch an e-mail campaign? See if we can get some traction in the media (perhaps by turning this into the next Air Miles)?
On a serious note - you need to hire the efforts of a true twitter troll. The handful of people on RFD that are upset over the gift card redemption is not nearly enough, you need a large following of people to get their attention. It is similar to what protests do - they hire people to show up. Rarely can a small group make a difference by themselves.

You need to do the same because, from the point of view of someone who has never redeemed for a gift card, it just seems like a couple of posters that are truly upset over it all and the point of the program is to get your spending done in store and not on cash-value type items. I would rather see gift cards removed to remove the allure of theft of points / account fraud, and shift those that want to make a quick buck to other programs.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
I am sure that gift card fraud is why the self checkouts no longer allow cash payment or cashback, and I am pissed about that.

Gift cards are so shady.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7451 posts
2402 upvotes
ON
lecale wrote:
Apr 8th, 2017 3:10 pm
I am sure that gift card fraud is why the self checkouts no longer allow cash payment or cashback, and I am pissed about that.

Gift cards are so shady.
No, it's because they have to continuously stock them with cash and collect that cash. And anything that automatically dispenses cash inevitably breaks and needs service which is an extra headache and cost.
I would frequently see 1-2 units with a taped on sign that says 'sorry, debit/credit only' long before the policy change, because they were just broken.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
aqnd wrote:
Apr 8th, 2017 3:28 pm
No, it's because they have to continuously stock them with cash and collect that cash. And anything that automatically dispenses cash inevitably breaks and needs service which is an extra headache and cost.
I would frequently see 1-2 units with a taped on sign that says 'sorry, debit/credit only' long before the policy change, because they were just broken.
Hmm, you think it would be a convenient way for them to get rid of the cash they collect instead of taking it to the bank...well, sucks anyway.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
If you have been playing the Easter Egg Hunt game, there are updated coupons as of this Thursday. Nutella and Kelloggs are still good but the others all expired on the 5th.

The new booklet expires on the 19th (except, again, the Nutella and Kelloggs coupons).

There is no Folgers/Smuckers/Double Fruit or Yoplait coupon in the new flyer; the new coupons are:

$1.00 any Jif
$.50 Old El Paso dinner kit or salsa, Betty Crocker potatoes, Pillsbury dough (except crescent rolls and wiener wraps)

I've gotten 7 scratchies and won 3,000 pts boooo...

...but PC cheescakes are $7.99 +3,000 pts, I had 3,000 pts on $15 bakery and 200 pts/$1 in-store baked sweets nyah nyah bonterra! Just made 20k pts and 40k kcal!
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10000 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
Was planning a shop for tomorrow....Logged in...4 new offers...All my saved ones that were supposed to be good till Thursday...Gone.
Nov 24, 2016
12 posts
6 upvotes
Anyone get their easter hunt points? Is supposed to be instant after entering pin?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
tmfhw12345 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 11:32 pm
Anyone get their easter hunt points? Is supposed to be instant after entering pin?
10 days
Nov 24, 2016
12 posts
6 upvotes
anyone keep getting offers that they delete? I keep deleting offers and they keep sending!
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16972 posts
1857 upvotes
GTA West
tmfhw12345 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 8:40 am
anyone keep getting offers that they delete? I keep deleting offers and they keep sending!
Complain in detail! I am 100% sure that Loblaws people read RFD.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
tmfhw12345 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 11:32 pm
No, 10 days, but I got mine after 4-8 days (I won 3 x 1,000 so far)
Aug 24, 2006
470 posts
107 upvotes
Question I know has been asked before so my appologies.
Say you have 20% points back on beef. you grab $40 worth of steaks and nothing else and then redeem in same transaction (40$) do you still get back the points even though you paid nothing? ( I always assume you didnt so got pc giftcards but now since that stopped..)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7451 posts
2402 upvotes
ON
bryceton wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 2:45 pm
Say you have 20% points back on beef. you grab $40 worth of steaks and nothing else and then redeem in same transaction (40$) do you still get back the points even though you paid nothing? ( I always assume you didnt so got pc giftcards but now since that stopped..)
I haven't tried with an order exclusively paid with points, but last week I had 200/$1 on "baked sweets" - bought a $10 pie and got 2000 pts, plus a few other items making it $23-25
Paid $20 points, the rest MC and still got the 2k.
I think it's only the ones that are spend x$ total that are risky, as opposed to spend $x on specific product.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10000 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
bryceton wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 2:45 pm
Been wondering the same...as I am always accumulating points on all my transactions and don't want to miss out on good offers to redeem points

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

ziii