• Nov 21st, 2017 10:33 am
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10006 posts
942 upvotes
Markham
ayaz wrote:
May 13th, 2017 2:01 pm
Exact same thing happened to me! Several times I would get the offer "10,000 points for every $50 spent on anything", even 3 weeks in a row on occasion. I made great use of those, and ever since my account is over 150,000 points I dont get any interesting offers anymore. I have been using up my points lately so I just went under the 150k level yesterday for the first time, so lets see if anything changes.
Cool let me know if you notice any difference. I'd say typically I used to get about 5 offers that I would use, now maybe I get one. I used to get 20% off Beef, Pork, Chicken offers all the time (3 different offers) and now I get 10% and not as often.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16978 posts
1859 upvotes
GTA West
Looks like the prohibition on using PC Points for gift cards is now permanent, as of May 11, 2017.

Edit: This was posted 2 days ago: Link

Image:
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1480 posts
788 upvotes
ayaz wrote:
May 13th, 2017 2:01 pm

Exact same thing happened to me! Several times I would get the offer "10,000 points for every $50 spent on anything", even 3 weeks in a row on occasion. I made great use of those, and ever since my account is over 150,000 points I dont get any interesting offers anymore. I have been using up my points lately so I just went under the 150k level yesterday for the first time, so lets see if anything changes.
RolandCouch wrote:
May 13th, 2017 2:05 pm
Cool let me know if you notice any difference. I'd say typically I used to get about 5 offers that I would use, now maybe I get one. I used to get 20% off Beef, Pork, Chicken offers all the time (3 different offers) and now I get 10% and not as often.
It is just a coincidence. Amount you have in the bank really does not have any relevance from what I've seen / experienced (over the years our all time high was around $ 500). Offers are both random as well as keyed to what you buy. Some weeks you'll only have a few thrown your way, other weeks many. My low is about 12 my high over 2 dozen. I think it matters more how often you actually take advantage of the offers given... Which is why I like the App, I can Delay or Delete. Since getting the App the offers have been more frequent, and with my taking more control they are also offers more suited to what I want to buy.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1480 posts
788 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
May 13th, 2017 2:26 pm
Looks like the prohibition on using PC Points for gift cards is now permanent, as of May 11, 2017.

Edit: This was posted 2 days ago: Link

Image:
Thanks for the photo.

I was in the store today & saw these newly printed signs with the reference to the change in PC Plus' T&Cs. Too bad they had to go this route (but at the same time I get why). Aso means they'll have more control over points / op money spent in house I suppose for them (vs being a midde man for the various GC sales).
Sep 27, 2003
8229 posts
1594 upvotes
Newmarket
Well that's crappy news.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Jun 5, 2009
94 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
I guess there no reason to build up a bunch of these points anymore (was at 1.8M + wife at 600K). Was looking for a redemption deal at some point or get some GC's for other larger/special purchases. Also, no reason to use PCF MC at anything other than Weston stores, may as well go with a straight cash-back card. Oh well...
Nov 24, 2016
12 posts
6 upvotes
I can't believe all the people complaining! I thought the whole point of the programme is to earn points on items you normally buy anyways and redeem for free groceries. Am i the only who could care less about the gift card thing?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7067 posts
7541 upvotes
tmfhw12345 wrote:
May 14th, 2017 8:34 pm
I can't believe all the people complaining! I thought the whole point of the programme is to earn points on items you normally buy anyways and redeem for free groceries. Am i the only who could care less about the gift card thing?
I only redeemed points for SDM GC a few times. Most of the time, I redeem for groceries.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x Chatr(Mobilicity) $30 plan, 1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
1x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer $94.50 family plan for 3 numbers, 1x Zoomer $16.20 plan
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17694 posts
192 upvotes
YVR
RolandCouch wrote:
May 12th, 2017 9:54 pm
Yeah I'm not super worried about that because they will reimburse if it happens. I was hoping they would have a redemption promo.
That's what I'm waiting for as well. IIRC, they had one last year. I'm really hoping they'll have one this year.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1480 posts
788 upvotes
tmfhw12345 wrote:
May 14th, 2017 8:34 pm
I am with you the "get points for what you buy anyhow... Redeem for more of the same" lot.

Quite happy with how things have worked out for us since the introduction of PC Points... Definitely better off than we were beforehand, in that our annual grocery bill has decreased when you take into account the month or two per year we end up getting our Groceries for Free.

GCs are nice, but I am just as content to blow the points on Groceries as it is a necessity / never ending purchase,
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
327 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
May 14th, 2017 9:38 pm
our annual grocery bill has decreased when you take into account the month or two per year we end up getting our Groceries for Free.
Getting two months per year free via PC points would require a continuous average of an almost 17% return, making it virtually impossible to maintain this points strategy:
PointsHubby wrote:
May 14th, 2017 9:38 pm
I am with you the "get points for what you buy anyhow... Redeem for more of the same" lot.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1480 posts
788 upvotes
invite wrote:
May 15th, 2017 5:42 am
Getting two months per year free via PC points would require a continuous average of an almost 17% return, making it virtually impossible to maintain this points strategy:
Uh no... If you are a strategic shopper and use your offers wisely (buy what I need or what I want) & stock up on items that are BOTH on Sale & on Points then I say you can come out close (either side of) to 20% consistently.

Plus I don't know if you caught it in one of my earlier posts in this topic... But the more you work the program the better it truly becomes. We regularly get "Spend a total of $ X get Y Points" (be that a total amount for the week, or in one Dept... Like Produce). And many times there are double-dip offers too. Not to mention that the amount of offers increase over time ... Regularly getting now between 18 and 30 offers a week. What I need I use... What I don't I delay or delete in the App.

Prime example, I was in this weekend to pick up Coffee Supplies, I spent $ 23.56 and earned 4200 Points = 17.826 % return
And BONUS the coffee was ALSO on sale this week.

Would have earned even more if I had a PC CC ... But I don't need or want another CC
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2006
1168 posts
57 upvotes
K-W
PointsHubby wrote:
May 15th, 2017 7:59 am
Uh no... If you are a strategic shopper and use your offers wisely (buy what I need or what I want) & stock up on items that are BOTH on Sale & on Points then I say you can come out close (either side of) to 20% consistently.

Plus I don't know if you caught it in one of my earlier posts in this topic... But the more you work the program the better it truly becomes. We regularly get "Spend a total of $ X get Y Points" (be that a total amount for the week, or in one Dept... Like Produce). And many times there are double-dip offers too. Not to mention that the amount of offers increase over time ... Regularly getting now between 18 and 30 offers a week. What I need I use... What I don't I delay or delete in the App.
Not everyone is having the same experience as you. We have used PC Points for years now and the overall offers have only lessened. We have not had a "Spend $X get Y points" in a long, long time, and sometimes the weekly offers are awful. This week we had 8 offers. 8! And one of those was brought over from last week. We haven't had a fresh poultry or beef offer in forever, despite buying those products many times at Superstore / Zehrs.

While I still enjoy the program, it can be very YMMV and don't assume that your experience if what everyone else is getting.
Apr 10, 2017
380 posts
100 upvotes
I'm devastated. I mainly collect points to redeem for GCs.

Although it's probably time to look into using points for free groceries.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

mslolo