• Dec 12th, 2017 7:19 pm
Apr 12, 2005
736 posts
45 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 7:15 pm
PRODUCT UPDATE

From my post here last week:

For Dave's Killer Bread we bought the green wrapper... "Organic 21 Whole Grains & Seeds", there were 2 options on this loaf at my store, Regular Slice or Thin Sliced.  We went with the Regular Sliced.  Approximately 15 slices in a 765 gram loaf.

This is a "heavier" bread with 5 grams of Protein, 5 grams of Fibre, and 22 grams of Whole Grains per slice, and 120 calories.  It toasted up nice, and delivered a pleasant nutty sweet taste. I thought that might be because there was honey in the mix, but label says molasses.  We've moved the loaf from the counter to the fridge, and now the freezer, in hopes of being able to enjoy the entire loaf.  It was that good.

Would I buy again?  Ya probably, but at the listed regular price at $ 5.49 it is certainly not cheap.

For Marketplace Cuisine we bought the Vermont & White Cheddar Mac & Cheese... High Protein, 75% Organic Ingredients.  Back of the box says this is a Nestlé product.  The microwave only tray is 225 grams and delivers 270 calories.  As we only had the one, we decided to serve it up as a side between us.  We both thought it tasty.  And it was easy to prepare, smelled good & presented well.  Will say tho at 225 grams this is a pretty small portion, even for 1 person.  Think one would want at the least a Salad to accompany it.  So might be good for a take to work lunch, or someone watching their calories.  Mind you the Sodium number was not good at 730 mg (21% of recommended daily intake) but that is common for these heat & serve dishes.  Overall thought it was an excellent Mac & Cheese though.

Would we buy again?

Ya probably.  At a regular price of $ 2.99 we thought it good value for the quality, especially compared to other such microwaveable single serve meals.  And it definitely delivered on taste, and thats a lot to be said for this food sector.

To recap.

I bought the bread. Didnt really like it so I threw it in the freezer for toast cuz I hate to waste it.

tried to get a couple of pieces and the whole thing had frozen into a solid lump . Impossible to pry off individual slices.

No matter how carefully I tried, each piece just tore and splintered. Never seen this before with any sliced bread.
Whole loaf into the trash.

Too bad. Not great experience.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2003
1634 posts
209 upvotes
Vancouver
lecale wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 11:05 pm
My store has the granola bags at $5.99 but 1,500 pts is 30% of $4.99.

When I click on the offer in Click n Collect though, I get, like, 40 products that are allegedly eligible...cereal, granola, granola bars, cracker chips...

???

Seems like a highly debatable offer.
I bought Special K protein cereal and sea salt caramel cereal bars, two of the many items on the list when clicked through as above, got the 1500 points.
Jul 24, 2017
4 posts
I'm trying to register on the PC Plus app...

Yet in step 2 when I tap 'Create Account', nothing happens whatsoever. Checked all the boxes and my password meets the requirements as well. Closed the app, re-opened it, tried again, still nothing. Tried both last night and this afternoon. Still nothing. I know most of you are registered already, but by any chance is there someone else who also has this issue?

Note: I do not have a PC debit or MasterCard.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
2034 posts
1043 upvotes
swooosh wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 2:24 pm

Yet in step 2 when I tap 'Create Account', nothing happens whatsoever. Checked all the boxes and my password meets the requirements as well. Closed the app, re-opened it, tried again, still nothing. Tried both last night and this afternoon. Still nothing. I know most of you are registered already, but by any chance is there someone else who also has this issue?

I originally created my PC Plus Account on my home computer (easy peasy) after I had picked up the Plastic Card & NEW Member Pkg at Loblaws. Everything worked perfectly from the get go.
Months later I downloaded and linked the App to my already active account without issue.
The advantage to having both is not all features work on all platforms (ie DELETE & DELAY only works on the App and My Top Purchases only works on a Desktop / Laptop)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3700 posts
491 upvotes
Richmond
swooosh wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 2:24 pm

Try creating the account on a desktop. Then sign in on the app.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1296 posts
53 upvotes
Quick Question: If you have an offer buying an item and get 10,000 bonus points, but you use existing points (20,000 points) to pay for the item. Do you end up get the bonus points then? TIA
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7256 posts
7628 upvotes
sunchaser53 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 8:39 am
Quick Question: If you have an offer buying an item and get 10,000 bonus points, but you use existing points (20,000 points) to pay for the item. Do you end up get the bonus points then? TIA
If the offer is not a general spend $x on anything to get y PC points, you can redeem points and still get the pc points. But read the fine print carefully.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
2x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer family plan for 3 numbers $94.50($72+$22.5)
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1296 posts
53 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 9:59 am
If the offer is not a general spend $x on anything to get y PC points, you can redeem points and still get the pc points. But read the fine print carefully.
Great!! Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3604 posts
623 upvotes
Alberta
sunchaser53 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 8:39 am
Also...if the offer is 10,000 pts for item x, if you buy 3 at the same time you will get 30,000 pts. If you buy item x and pay for it and decided you want 2 more, you won't get points for the last 2 because you already used the offer.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1240 posts
225 upvotes
I've noticed that for several different products, I keep getting offers for them even after swiping "do not send me this offer" in the app.

This keeps happening even though I'm no longer buying that product.

What gives?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3905 posts
1272 upvotes
minimalist wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 10:34 am
I've noticed that for several different products, I keep getting offers for them even after swiping "do not send me this offer" in the app.

This keeps happening even though I'm no longer buying that product.

What gives?
Can take 3 weeks to get rid of them: that's normal
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1240 posts
225 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 10:38 am
Can take 3 weeks to get rid of them: that's normal
I'm pretty sure there are some reappearing that I deleted over 2 months ago but let's see.

(For my reference Activia yogourt is one of these.)
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1453 posts
174 upvotes
Edmonton
AirbusA320 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 4:17 pm
I normally ask for points at the end anyways so it doesn't really matter for me. If you bring your own bags and you're paying with a PC Financial product, we're supposed to add bonus points by entering in 53399 and 53398. I normally do this right before I hit Debit/Credit when I see what the customer is paying with. If you are only a PC Plus member or are paying with anything other than a PC Financial product, we aren't supposed to award bonus points for bringing bags.
Can anyone confirm if this practice is discontinued? I was shopping at today and was told this points for bags program ended 1 month ago.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10801 posts
3517 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
shoppingguy wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 10:06 pm
Can anyone confirm if this practice is discontinued? I was shopping at today and was told this points for bags program ended 1 month ago.
I can confirm that I got points for BYOB as recently as a week ago. It's only 2¢ so I don't really care if they do or don't--(especially when I'm after them for almost 30,000 pts for a PC Insurance renewal...)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1240 posts
225 upvotes
Anyone know how many cents/L off you get with PC Financial cards at Edmonton Superstore Gas?

For example, I know in Kelowna, BC it's 7 cents off/L + 3% in PC points with PC MC WE.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

tellsthetruth99