Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Sep 2, 2016
228 posts
15 upvotes
shopper_holic wrote: I guess this is the only way to maximize your offers, since it appears, from previous posters, that once you create a household account, everyone in the household gets the same offers.
Yes so if everyone gets the same offers within the group, it would be the same thing as before with both card (primary and secondary) on the same PC Plus account.
Nov 12, 2012
599 posts
288 upvotes
Port Moody
dmdsoftware2 wrote: SAVED ME A TRIP.

BTW, I called it. I posted this will be a crashy release. I expected a little bit more mess like the site not working at all. But then again, there are probably indeed many more SDM optimum members then there are PC Plus members -- after-all, you got pts per dollar spent at SDM with load extra offers as bonus pts vs the PC Plus model which was bonus pts only unless you were a PC Financial client.

I'm really digging the idea of getting 45 pts per $ spent at SDM though.
Crashy release, indeed. Looks like a select few were able to link their Optimum cards and their points conversion looks correct. But imagine having to deal with a large percentage of your cardholders having issues? There's no way they have the manpower to deal with that (either at the 1-800 number OR in the stores!). Sheesh....
Dec 31, 2006
82 posts
114 upvotes
pokee99 wrote: I was able to log in fine (via app and website) but cannot link my Optimum card (via app nor website).

I keep getting an error message "An unknown error as occurred".

How do I link my Optimum card so I can get my points to convert over? I've seen someone else mention that you need to go into Shoppers, but what the heck are the cashiers going to do about it??? Won't they just tell you to call the 1-800 number???
I got that message too when trying to link my optimum card. I just kept trying on the PC Optimum app and eventually they sent me an email to verify. So maybe just keep on trying.
Nov 12, 2012
599 posts
288 upvotes
Port Moody
anton204 wrote: Everyone is getting this error. Not sure if any was successful transferring their points over yet.

I'm going to wait it out.
I did see some posts where people were successful (some people with correct points - some people with missing points).

For sure, waiting it out seems like the smart thing to do at this point. It'll take days to sort itself out. A Thursday launch isn't the greatest either, because there's only 2 business days to sort this mess out before the weekend. Unlikely that they'll have "all hands on deck" over the weekend to fix the problems (overtime!). So this is going to trickle into next week.........
Feb 6, 2007
760 posts
264 upvotes
frank2243 wrote: Yes so if everyone gets the same offers within the group, it would be the same thing as before with both card (primary and secondary) on the same PC Plus account.
In the old PC Plus world, spouse's MC was linked to my PC Plus account, so yes, we shared the same offers. In this new PCO world, his card did not link with my PCO account when I set up my PCO account. He had to create his own account, which means we can now have 2 different sets of offers. And since we use the same MC account that's linked to my PCO account (me the primary, him the spouse), our points are pooled anyway.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1062 posts
857 upvotes
GTA
lecale wrote: That was my impression too but maybe they just have to deal with one thing at a time and relevant offers will come next week. I am wondering how close to the same offers everyone has: I have:

200 pts For every $1 spent on Apples
200 pts For every $1 spent on Oranges
200 pts For every $1 spent on Peppers
200 pts For every $1 spent on Fresh Turkey
1,200 pts PC Blue Menu Cheese
200 pts For every $1 spent on no name Mac and Cheese
400 pts For every $2 spent on PC Household Cleaners
400 pts For every $2 spent on PC Ketchup
400 pts For every $2 spent on PC Organics Cookies
600 pts For every $3 spent on Life Brand Bathroom Tissue
6,000 pts For every $20 spent on Lay's, Tostitos, Ruffles, Cheetos, Doritos, Miss Vickies, or Pepsi Beverages
Except for the last one on the list, has anyone gotten any offers for non-house brands?
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
i'm unable to link my Optimum account. This makes me a sad mod.
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2143 upvotes
Etobicoke
controller19 wrote: The app has two ways to access your new card number:
from the bottom menu bar, choose CARD
or when you open the app, just turn your phone sideways,
and it displays your new card number, ready to scan at checkout.
Thanks

But its doesnt let me login on android app. :(

I will try later
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
MrDisco wrote: i'm unable to link my Optimum account. This makes me a sad mod.
it's not just you
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
2319 posts
1192 upvotes
BC
The best way to maximize points is to have separate accounts, combining accounts only benefits Loblaw. We have had separate accounts since the beginning of pc plus and had separate orders to use all the best offers between both of us.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2007
5018 posts
2175 upvotes
Can't link Optimum or PC plus.. so frustrating.

Waste of time
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
Jonric wrote: Except for the last one on the list, has anyone gotten any offers for non-house brands?
Over 2 accounts, only 1: 200 pts For every $1 spent on Old Mill Bagels
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
minimalist wrote: I wouldn't call it cheating the system.

We have one account for each person which is within the rules.

What is am saying is to be wary of creating "household accounts" because someone upthread mentioned that doing this caused all his household members to share the same 10 offers instead of having 2 X 10 = 20 offers.
And info is still lacking on how the Household Accounts will actually work IRL
(vs the little bit written about them thus far)

It seems (at least right now) everyone in a Household Group gets / shares the same Offers (guessing those of the primary)

I have also read that to leave a Household Group can be done... but not clear how easily... seems ONLY 1 person can make that happen
(Not the one who sent the invite... but the one who accepted it)

Have also read (open to interpretation) that Redeemed Points come out of the account “proprtionately” ... this one is really vague. As anyone in the Household has access to ALL the points

So let’s say the Household has 100,000
Person A = 50,000
Person B = 40,000
Person C = 10,000

Person C shops and spends 50,000 Points... he only has 10,000 Points so where do the other 40,000 come from ?

Is it a case of percentages ?
Person C contributed 10,000 = 10%
That leaves 90% = 40,000 Points... to be made up between 2 other Household Members

As they say... something’s gotta give !!
Nov 12, 2012
599 posts
288 upvotes
Port Moody
Mike15 wrote: Already a walk-through article up on how to set up your account:

http://www.moneysense.ca/spend/shopping ... c-optimum/

Guess the error linking Optimum cards is being scapegoated on high volume?
Yeah, most system issues are scapegoated on high volume, and not on improper testing of the software. So, yeah, that's a BS excuse. If we can do everything else on the website/app BUT that (and going into the store to link the card to your new account works), it's a bugged process that they just didn't test properly. Hopefully their programmers can figure out what the issue is. But....I have a feeling they're just going to tell everyone they have to go into the store to fix the issue...
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2007
5018 posts
2175 upvotes
The website has crashed:
"Oops.
Looks like a lot of people are checking us out right now. Sorry for the inconvenience, we’ll be back up and running shortly."
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
Jonric wrote: Except for the last one on the list, has anyone gotten any offers for non-house brands?
i saw those offers, it sux
Nov 12, 2012
599 posts
288 upvotes
Port Moody
hoangd wrote: I got that message too when trying to link my optimum card. I just kept trying on the PC Optimum app and eventually they sent me an email to verify. So maybe just keep on trying.
I have been trying all morning with the "An unknown error has occurred".

Now I am getting "Sorry, we couldn’t verify your card. The information you provided does not match our records. Get help in-store - On your next store visit, present your Optimum card and your cashier can assist you."

So I was right: rather than have the programmers fix the issue on their website - they're now handing out this message so everyone now has to go into the store. Those poor, poor cashiers.............
Nov 21, 2009
486 posts
295 upvotes
Moncton
froesesp wrote: The app loads horizontally with max brightness and only displays point balance. Using the website, most options are available, except for saving for next week or removing. I'm disappointed that there is no meal preference option anymore.
Bloody idiotic, they really need to get those options available on their website. My mother-in-law doesn't have a smartphone and it really restricts her ability to utilize the program. Personally, I'd rather use my laptop as opposed to my phone for this as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
pokee99 wrote: I was able to log in fine (via app and website) but cannot link my Optimum card (via app nor website).

I keep getting an error message "An unknown error as occurred".

How do I link my Optimum card so I can get my points to convert over? I've seen someone else mention that you need to go into Shoppers, but what the heck are the cashiers going to do about it??? Won't they just tell you to call the 1-800 number???
Since today is Seniors Day at SDM, I wanted to maximize the chances that I had a working card. So I went to SDM and exchanged for a new one (two actually). The correct points showed on the receipt (based on the calculator posted previously), and I had no trouble linking the two cards to two different accounts. I am assuming that other variations of this are not working. I am not going to consider the Household option for now.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2007
5018 posts
2175 upvotes
They screwed up the bread and now this..

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)