• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 2:11 am
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1491 posts
796 upvotes
Ducky wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 11:37 pm
is magazines considered "books & stationery"?
Click on the offer to see "the fine print". But my Offers up until now have always said Books & Magazines ... Not Stationery. In fact I'm not even certain my local Loblaws has Stationery any more (cards, gift wrap etc)
Last edited by PointsHubby on Sep 5th, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1491 posts
796 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2017 10:30 pm
not familiar with click and collect, I'm in the west, we have mainly superstore, never heard of zehrs before, If I go to superstore website, theres a click and collect button which does nothing, we have PC points on the app. maybe this is an eastern Canada thing?
Zehrs Stores are primarily a GTA / Southern Ontario chain (none in Eastern Ontario or Quebec either)

Click & Collect is Loblaws version of ordering groceries on-line for pick up. Where this exists (Ontario for sure), one can access the complete Loblaws grocery inventory on-line... Handy for ordering (as intended) but also for checking on for other reasons, such as finding what items are actually giving out PC points in a particular week, what sizes items come in, what the current cost is etc
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10565 posts
3368 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
PointsHubby wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 8:13 pm
Zehrs Stores are primarily a GTA / Southern Ontario chain (none in Eastern Ontario or Quebec either)
Historical note: Zehrs was a family run small chain of grocery stores in Waterloo region. (I went to high school with a couple of their sons.) Loblaws bought the chain but kept the name because of the Zehrs good reputation in the area. The name survives, even if the reputation may no longer, i.e. it's no different from Loblaws.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
2453 posts
544 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
PointsHubby wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 6:26 pm
Another Thursday...

This past week we had 17 JUST FOR YOU Offers
Lots of regular stuff... Most exciting offer was:

* 200 Points for every $ 1 Spent on Bulk Foods
I had that offer and 2000 points for every $10 spent on bulk foods. When I surveyed the bulk foods to cash in on the stacked offers I found nothing worth buying ... so the offers expired.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3696 posts
490 upvotes
Richmond
Marzipan wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 10:04 am
I had that offer and 2000 points for every $10 spent on bulk foods. When I surveyed the bulk foods to cash in on the stacked offers I found nothing worth buying ... so the offers expired.
It's a very broad offer. Check out the offer in click and collect. I've didn't buy anything from the "bulk" section but bought produce and got awarded
PointsHubby wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 8:13 pm

Click & Collect is Loblaws version of ordering groceries on-line for pick up. Where this exists (Ontario for sure), one can access the complete Loblaws grocery inventory on-line... Handy for ordering (as intended) but also for checking on for other reasons, such as finding what items are actually giving out PC points in a particular week, what sizes items come in, what the current cost is etc
It works for all banners that have at least one region or store that participates in it. You can hit browse to take a look at the store inventory of the store that don't offer online pickup.
Really good for making shopping lists of what's on clearance.
Nov 6, 2013
837 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
No Frills ON:

15000 points for $100 spend in store.
Images
  • 1.png
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10565 posts
3368 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
We've been travelling in Europe. I've been unable to download this week's offers in anticipation of our return next week. Depending on the app (Android or desktop) I keep getting server errors of various kinds and "Please try again later." The Android app does show my points balance and even my card number. The website shows this, whether accessing directly by URL or linking to the URL in their weekly "Load your offers" e-mail:
Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.pcplus.ca/" on this server.
Reference #18.45496768.1504885141.96f61c9
Anyone else experiencing this?

I wonder if they're using geo-location to block potential out-of-Canada hackers. If so they're also succeeding in locking out legitimate users. Even those who can supply legitimate login credentials. Dumb!

P.S. I've tried this on both hotel WiFi and a data SIM. Neither works.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jun 27, 2017
9 posts
3 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 11:46 am
We've been travelling in Europe. I've been unable to download this week's offers in anticipation of our return next week. Depending on the app (Android or desktop) I keep getting server errors of various kinds and "Please try again later." The Android app does show my points balance and even my card number. The website shows this, whether accessing directly by URL or linking to the URL in their weekly "Load your offers" e-mail:

Anyone else experiencing this?

I wonder if they're using geo-location to block potential out-of-Canada hackers. If so they're also succeeding in locking out legitimate users. Even those who can supply legitimate login credentials. Dumb!

P.S. I've tried this on both hotel WiFi and a data SIM. Neither works.
I've had this in the past and they are very much blocking traffic from overseas, I had an email sent to me from their services team when I inquired.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10565 posts
3368 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
topshot wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 1:48 pm
I've had this in the past and they are very much blocking traffic from overseas,
Indeed. I just set up a free VPN (TunnelBear), accessed their site from "Canada", and saw my offers. Took less than 5 minutes to defeat their so-called "security". What a sad joke. No wonder the bozos got hacked in the first place. Sigh...
veni, vidi, Visa
Jan 9, 2011
910 posts
477 upvotes
Vancouver
I got my first decent "We think you'll like" offer since I started PC Plus in April. 5,500 pts for Dave's Killer Bread. That makes it free at No Frills.

The rest of my 7 personalized offers are still pretty pathetic.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1491 posts
796 upvotes
Kiraly wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 4:22 pm
I got my first decent "We think you'll like" offer since I started PC Plus in April. 5,500 pts for Dave's Killer Bread. That makes it free at No Frills.

Many of us got a similar offer back in July. And several of us wrote a Review of the bread in this topic. You'll find mine at Reply # 3385 on Page 226 (and others in the general time frame a few pages either side)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3507 posts
593 upvotes
Alberta
Kiraly wrote:

I bought it last time just to get the points and try it and it was ok. Nothing special. Don't think I'll buy it again.

Most of my offers are lame, usually the same stuff that I just bought like bananas, mushrooms, apples a few days ago. I don't need to buy it again. Even when I click on don't show again in the app, it comes back the next week. You would think that they would give me an offer for something I haven't bought before just so I would buy it to try and for the points. Plus in their flyer, all the items in there, only a couple of them give you points. What's with that?

The get offers like get 1000 points for every $10 spent on PC burgers but the sale price on the burgers is $9.98. Or get 200 points on every $1 spent on PC juice but the juice is $0.98. So they are making you buy 2 just to get the single points offer. No thanks, I'll pass.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3339 posts
429 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 12:24 am
The get offers like get 1000 points for every $10 spent on PC burgers but the sale price on the burgers is $9.98. Or get 200 points on every $1 spent on PC juice but the juice is $0.98. So they are making you buy 2 just to get the single points offer. No thanks, I'll pass.
I've had cases where I'm short a cent or two for the full points, but I got them anyway. I don't see a pattern.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3884 posts
1256 upvotes
recordman wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 1:21 am
I've had cases where I'm short a cent or two for the full points, but I got them anyway. I don't see a pattern.
I think when you get 100 or 200 pts per $1 the base amount used to calculate points rounds up automatically and fairly generously too. $1.88 might round to $2 for example.

When you are getting pts per any other amount, $2, $5, $10 and so on, the amount you spend doesn't round up at all. However I have done a points inquiry when I have missed because of a few pennies and have gotten the points.

That's my observation. It's per $1 offers vs. per any other amount offers.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3884 posts
1256 upvotes
Kiraly wrote:
IMO you get more offers with more frequent use of the card - use it even when you are not earning points - and don't be afraid to delete offers that you don't like even if you don't have many.
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 12:24 am
Most of my offers are lame, usually the same stuff that I just bought like bananas, mushrooms, apples a few days ago. I don't need to buy it again. Even when I click on don't show again in the app, it comes back the next week. You would think that they would give me an offer for something I haven't bought before just so I would buy it to try and for the points. Plus in their flyer, all the items in there, only a couple of them give you points. What's with that?
You don't really delete offers, you just slow down the frequency that they occur from e.g., every week to every 3 weeks. If you buy something, it speeds up the frequency that the offer appears so you're back to weekly again. So, like, buy 3 weeks worth of apples at once and keep them in the fridge, and delete delete delete, and you will be able to get more variety in your offers and still catch the apple offer when it comes around again in 3 weeks. I get this problem with certain produce too.

The other thing is if you save an offer it speeds up the frequency that the offer occurs. If the apples offer was showing up every 3 weeks for you and you saved it, it would come back to haunt you weekly for 3 weeks, and then you would get it again because it would start a new cycle at the original frequency of every 3 weeks. So, one save can put you in a rut for 5 weeks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)