Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
lecale wrote:
Yes, exactly, the same for everyone. The new offer day seems to be Tuesday night? Strange that they would change that.
dmdsoftware2 wrote:
My offers expire in 6 days so that would make it next Thurday for me.
lecale wrote: Well at midnight I had 6 days left but this morning it's 5, and I am including today as one of the days. Very curious.
Just checked mine... says Wednesday.

For awhile I thought they were finally going to align East with West... cause the old PC Plus System Updates and Flyer Days were different depending on where you lived

Now I have no clue what’s happening in this regard... or what their thinking is
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7950 posts
3611 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: So do I need a Optimum Points card or can I continue using just my PC MC WE and get/claim points at RCSS like I did until now? I never had an optimum account.

And it's extremely disappointing I cannot see the transaction history of my points. Usually there were the occasional missing points, now I can't check. I also did 70$ worth of shopping yesterday before I realized I need to activate my account online and re-link my PC MC. Do I have to claim a missing points?
I never had an Optimum card either. The app is giving me a message that "It looks like you don't have an Optimum card, would you like to add one?"

I had an old system points offer that should have been applied yesterday and they gave me the points after a Points Inquiry. But no email telling me they had reviewed my transaction.

When I go to "Nearby Stores" it gives me a map of Africa and says an unknown error has occurred. Lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8524 posts
2944 upvotes
0 downvotes
bonterra wrote: I never had an Optimum card either. The app is giving me a message that "It looks like you don't have an Optimum card, would you like to add one?"

I had an old system points offer that should have been applied yesterday and they gave me the points after a Points Inquiry. But no email telling me they had reviewed my transaction.

When I go to "Nearby Stores" it gives me a map of Africa and says an unknown error has occurred. Lol.
I had that problem too, I got an app update this morning and it now shows the correct location as Toronto, no more map of Africa
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade
Nov 13, 2017
547 posts
393 upvotes
British Columbia
shopper_holic wrote: So for PC MC cardholders who also have supplementary accounts, the card numbers are no longer linked together in 1 PCO account (they used to be in PC Plus). I had to create a separate PCO account for my spouse (with the supplementary card linked), it shows 0 points for him (since all our points used to pool together). I created an app account for him and it generated a separate PCO number. So to use his offers, I'd scan his PCO card and to use my offers, I'd scan my PCO card/linked MC. PCO points from offers would accumulate separately in each of our PCO accounts, but because our MC's are linked, PCO points from MC (30 points/$) would be pooled. Did I get this right?
Thank you for the information.
I think that's what I am going to do as well. I'll register a PCO account for my wife and link her supplementary MC to her own account. Then we should be able to get two sets of offers every week and accumulate points separately. The points earned by making a purchase (10points/$ , 20points/$, 30points/$) will go to primary card holder's account, since it's the reward from PC Financial.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
stovetop wrote: Can you link more than one SDM Optimum cards to a PCOptimum account?
I tried to do the household thing...but when my wife adds her optimum card, it says an error occurred.
Not supposed to work

Each person is supposed to have their own PC Optimum Account
It is verified by the email address associated with the OLD Cards / accounts

Definitely did not work yesterday when the NEW Program launched...**
SO and I having previously shared 1 PC Plus Card and having 2 SDM Optimum Cards
No way I could add their card to my NEW PC Optimum Account
Which is ok... we now have 2 PC Optimum Accounts which means 2 different sets of offers anyhow

Those who created Households are reporting they are only get one set of offers the same for all members

** YMMV, have seen reports here now that some RFDers have been successful in linking cards for their spouses to their accounts... not clear though if their spouses had originally registered their old cards using unique email addresses... or a shared one with their partner. That as I said might make a difference / account for the road block. YMMV

BTW the NEW system does allow those who in the past had multiple accounts of their own all registered / verified by one email address to combine them into ONE NEW PC Optimum Account. But going forward the T&Cs for PC Optimum say ONE ACCOUNT PER PERSON and NO Points Transfer between members... only option to share Points is via the new Household option for Pooling... but little REAL info on how this works, or pros & cons. Watch RFD for more info as folks who have signed up report back
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4846 posts
4381 upvotes
B.C.
There's a question I have based on a couple of posts from last night that I'm still not clear on. A person said something like (if I understood correctly) that prior to this new PC Optimum, SDM rounded down, so that if you spent $7.98 it would round down to 70 points, so $7. I rarely shop at SDM as I said, so I don't know about that one way or the other. But -- as those of us who religiously used PC Points know -- it was the opposite with PC Points. They rounded UP. So if you spent $7.98, the value would be $8. This of course makes a difference when redeeming offers. Anyway, the brief discussion suggested to me that now with PC Optimum it was going to round down like SDM always did. That would be a big change obviously.

What I read might've involved a typo, but I'm not sure. I'm wondering if anyone who knows can address this. Maybe someone shopped yesterday or today and had an experience involving this? Or someone knows where this issue is addressed online by PC Optimum? Any clarification would be appreciated. :-)
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Jul 27, 2016
317 posts
224 upvotes
miguel sanchez wrote: One account between the two of us.
Do both of you need the app or just want the barcode on the phone? Our family had 3 SDM accounts but I had all the barcodes on every phone by making screenshots and sharing them. That way you don’t have to carry a card or depend on the app loading properly.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
nounou23 wrote: Wow there's so many pages to this thread from the last time I checked.

Both my wife and I account went fine on the morning it all started except that I sent my wife a request to create a household account and she never received an email. When I check my account it's still showing the request.

But I was wondering is there any benifits to the household account? Are we going to get he same offers and if one uses and offer it will disapear? I liked having 2 accounts because sometime we had different offer that was benificial to us.
Not enough info in the pre launch documentation to know.
And lots of questions.

At first glance we too thought it a nice feature... now we’ve decided to hold off signing up and wait & see

Biggest concern thus far is reports back from those who signed up that upon doing so was that their Offers changed... now EVERYONE IN THE HOUSEHOLD has the same Offers as the Head of Household.

That right there is a good enough reason for us not to go this route.

We want to diversify... we want different offers to earn in different ways at the same time. Ideally we’d like our earnings to combine... but this may no longer be possible as the NEW PC Optimum Program now is designed for one account per person (verified by email) and there are no more po8nts transfers between accounts like SDM Optimum had (really going to miss that feature)

I am saying sit and wait...

I figure by the end of February we’ll see / get good feedback from fellow RFDers who have linked into Household Accounts... and Real Life experience is worth a lot more that “the sell” by the Retailer
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
skywalker wrote: I linked 2 SDM optimum (me and my wife's) both to my new PC optimum app. Now I got double SDM exclusive offers. Like 4000 pts when send $20 (i guess it was from my old SDM card?) AND another one is 3000 pts when spend $20.
If I show the new PC optimum card which offer will apply?
You are in uncharted territory...

Supposed to be ONE App / ONE PC Optimum Account per person... verified by email address

Not sure how you are going to untangle this one
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
bylo wrote: I never had an SDM Optimum card. But my mom, who died several years ago, used to have one (or maybe two.) I found a couple of her cards. One linked to my account with no problems using the PC Opt app. That required an e-mail verification. Good thing I still have her e-mail account. And now I've inherited a few dollars in points.

The other card won't link. I get a message to go to a store and a cashier will be happy to help me. Before I do that, I thought I'd ask people who may know some SDM Optimum card history...

The card that linked OK is like the ones pictured on the PC Opt website, white background with gold circles and maroon printing. The one that won't link has a maroon background with silver printing. Both cards have the same 603207 prefix.

Anyone know if, when SDM changed card colours, they made the old cards obsolete? I'm wondering if that's why that card won't link.

If there's a restriction to one SDM Opt card to a PC Opt account then that may explain this as well. Is there such a restriction?
There was a card change over several years ago now (less than 10, probably more than 5)... when Shoppers Optimum went from the Maroon cards to the White.

As I recall, there was some sort of promo for updating your account info (Bonus points) but you had to go in store to do it... at the same time they swapped out the cards... and the Maroon went to Zero, and the points moved to the White Cards

So Collectors felt good... they got Bonus Points and nice new Cards
Shoppers got more Customer info

In reality... all they were really after was the info.

In our house we both participated. We both got the Bonus Points.
But only one of us swapped out the cards
The other retained the old maroon card
Which still works / worked perfectly fine
(and yes they all have the same 603207 prefix ... which is / was universal for SDM Optimum)

My guess is your Mom’s Card was swapped one for the other
But for whatever reason she got back / held onto the maroon one
(Hence the Zero Balance)
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Rockdaddy22 wrote: Looks like they’re rolling out Shoppers specific offers today. I got 3000 points for spending $20 and 20X the points for milk.
Nice.

No SDM specific offers yet on either of the two seperate PCO Accounts at our house.

Good to know the Milk ones still exist... I would have missed those if they disappeared for good
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3566 posts
1038 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
I tried doing it myself but maybe I'm just being dense today.

I has a SDM OPTIMUM card and a pc world elite MasterCard linked to points.ca. I probably had a physical pc points card when the program first started but it was never used and I probably don't have it anymore. I use the MasterCard to tap for points at pc stores.

I created a new pc optimum account on the web. I linked my existing optimum cdrd number into it successfully and it transferred those points. But when I try to link a pc financial card it fails. Looking closely I think pc financial card refers to a bank card and not a MasterCard. How do I link my MasterCard to the new pc optimum account?

I used to log into pcplus.ca using and email and password. Not an account number so as far as I'm concerned my MasterCard is my pcplus card.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
z613 wrote: I haven't been able to login to the site since the change. Should I be using my existing email and password? I look forward to seeing my Pc plus offers every Friday but no go. Not even an email stating to load your offers. I knew this was going to happen, the best reward program is now butchered. Unreal.
Need a bit more info on where you are in the process

Have you created your New PC Optimum account yet ?

Have you merged your old PC Plus & SDM Optimum Accounts ?

What actions have you taken thus far ?
Swapped out cards - downloaded the app - created an online account

There are lots of options on how to approach the Merger... need to know what you’ve done so far to know where you are in the overall process.

Emails to load offers won’t be coming in via the regular channels in light of the changeover... your new point of contact will be just one source PC Optimum, and as we’ve just gotten thru Day One, I cannot tell you what the new routine will be in so much as SDM Optimum and PC Plus were previously on different weekly schedules.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
1162 posts
196 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: You are in uncharted territory...

Supposed to be ONE App / ONE PC Optimum Account per person... verified by email address

Not sure how you are going to untangle this one
I linked both SDM cards by entering the password for each. Both card shopper's points added together into new PC optimum points.
There is + button on the account --> Manage cards session where I think you can add more than one SDM cards.
Also for double SDM offers I just selected the better ones then it's loaded to List part.
There are 2 exact same milk SDM offer for 20X that's I know looks like coming from 2 old SDM cards.
May 23, 2007
642 posts
384 upvotes
Kanata
PointsHubby:

I tried logging into the site with my existing email/password - nogo. Website says invalid password

Tried resetting password - nogo it errors out.

Tried creating a new account, website says the email address is already associated with a Pc id.

I called cs they have absolutely no idea at all.

Never had the app, ever. I use a BlackBerry.

I have been collecting Pc points since day 1.

The card I use is a Pc world elite mastercard.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
pentagonjr wrote: Can't find my old Shoppers card. Any way to find out the number? Can't log in to the Shopper's website anymore. It's the same email address as my new PC Optimum account.
From the OLD (now extinct) Shoppers Optimum FAQs
We can help you find out your card number: Need help? Call us at 1-800-746-7737, 8:00AM - 8:00PM EST, Monday to Saturday, and talk to one of our friendly staff.
This would be my first resort
Good luck
Jul 27, 2016
317 posts
224 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Yipee ... great for anyone throwing a SuperBowl Party

Should work / stack

Let us know
It worked as I expected, sort of.

The 6000 pts showed up on the receipt but to get the 2200 I had to do a points inquiry thru the app.

Immediately after I tapped ‘submit’ the 2200 pts were added to my balance.
Dec 21, 2012
290 posts
252 upvotes
Abbotsford
Do I need to get a physical card? Or can the one generated on the app be good enough.

If I do go get a physical card, I’m assuming I can link it to my account?
All your base are belong to us
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4594 posts
19429 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Do you have to log into this program on the app everytime you open it?

I've closed it and when i click the app again, i have to relog in. ...anyway to stay logged in?
Oct 20, 2016
74 posts
25 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: From the OLD (now extinct) Shoppers Optimum FAQs
This would be my first resort
Good luck
Thank you! Didn't see that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)