• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 9:54 am
May 28, 2012
9476 posts
1798 upvotes
Saskatoon
JackWhyte wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 10:07 am
I was going to try this, but I'd need to ask for DOUBLE points as I never even got the points they deducted.
There's a space for entering the amount of missing points. You can further explain in the comment box about what happened. I have always received a quick response, it might take a bit longer if there's a higher amount of missing points.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
2086 posts
1077 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 9:41 am
So I go to my points app, and see that I had less points than yesterday and I find they've deducted around 3,000 points - which mysteriously matches up to 1% of the total of the BF PS4 + controller purchase I put through on the PC Points Mastercard. I look up the transaction, and sure enough, the points were deducted on Friday, which is really a double-points loss since I never got them in the first place.

Anyone have this happen?
Sorry, not really following what happened... tried looking back thru the last few pages here, but did not see any more on your Black Friday purchase / plans.

Maybe you could walk us thru step by step... and then we’d be in a better position to comment / give advice on a course of action.

Example:
As of Thursday I had 80,000 PC Plus Points
Then I bought the PS4+ at Loblaws on Friday for $ X, and expected Y PC Points because...
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11834 posts
2615 upvotes
Montreal
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 3:12 pm
Sorry, not really following what happened... tried looking back thru the last few pages here, but did not see any more on your Black Friday purchase / plans.

Maybe you could walk us thru step by step...
I'm not sure why because my original post was pretty clear I got jacked for my points.

Bought PS4 + controller on PC Mastercard (get PC Points back) on BF
Today, after buying nothing in-between and getting no new points, I was DEDUCTED the exact PC Points I was expected to receive from the PS4 purchase.

I have a feeling it was CSR error as she was all over the place and tried to place the order 2-3 times in order to get the gift card. The refund probably went through the MC (thus deleting my points that I never received in the first place) but nothing else did. I plan on calling Monday to see what's up.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
2086 posts
1077 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 3:26 pm
I'm not sure why because my original post was pretty clear I got jacked for my points.

Bought PS4 + controller on PC Mastercard (get PC Points back) on BF
Today, after buying nothing in-between and getting no new points, I was DEDUCTED the exact PC Points I was expected to receive from the PS4 purchase.

I have a feeling it was CSR error as she was all over the place and tried to place the order 2-3 times in order to get the gift card. The refund probably went through the MC (thus deleting my points that I never received in the first place) but nothing else did. I plan on calling Monday to see what's up.
Thanks for that.
Far clearer than your original... my app shows my points are missing, 1% of the cost of my PS4+, actually double points .. which doesn’t mean a lot to those of us who weren’t there, or not familiar with this particular BF Deal / PC MasterCard Special

Does sound like the transaction got messed up by the CSR / computer... multiple times being processed means cash in & out and Points on & off

I take it your PC MC Online Statement is now showing the correct info for the transaction...

So just the PC Plus bit that is still messed up

In which case, you’ll be fine, just call PC Plus and tell them the story (lol the long one you told me)
And, whatever they owe you they’ll fix ... if it was a double Points Promo you’ll get them.
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 26th, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11834 posts
2615 upvotes
Montreal
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 3:49 pm
Far clearer than your original... my app shows my points are missing, 1% of the cost of my PS4+, actually double points .. which doesn’t mean a lot to those of us who weren’t there, or not familiar with this particular BF Deal / PC MasterCard Special
So your points are totally missing? I'm hoping that the points deduction wasn't to correct an overage points problem, and that tomorrow or the next day I don't get a mass-pile of points - then I'll feel like a real jerk. :lol:
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
2086 posts
1077 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 4:47 pm
So your points are totally missing? I'm hoping that the points deduction wasn't to correct an overage points problem, and that tomorrow or the next day I don't get a mass-pile of points - then I'll feel like a real jerk. :lol:
Don’t you keep track ?
Or at least have a general idea of where you are in the Program day to day?

Points = Money
Your Money

Always good to know how much you have in each Loyalty “Bank Account”

Between us, the SO & I are probably in more than a dozen Loyalty Programs... we always have a rough idea of where we are at (totally current for the ones we access every week like PC Plus)... and we do a review Quarterly of every Loyalty Membership to always make sure we don’t have any points that are going to be expiring or need to increase activity to keep the points going forward
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11834 posts
2615 upvotes
Montreal
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 5:30 pm
Don’t you keep track ?
Obviously, as I posted this thread, right?

My comment related to you not seeing your points yet for the PS4, while I have only seen a -negative balance update - maybe there was a problem with PC Points on BF?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
2086 posts
1077 upvotes
Maybe I needed quotations & italics...
Far clearer than your original... “my app shows my points are missing, 1% of the cost of my PS4+, actually double points” ... which doesn’t mean a lot to those of us who weren’t there, or not familiar with this particular BF Deal / PC MasterCard Special
But I was pretty sure the beginning & end of the sentence showed it was YOUR POST that I was referring to
:facepalm:
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11834 posts
2615 upvotes
Montreal
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 5:54 pm
Maybe I needed quotations & italics...
Yeah, I'd have to say you do - proper grammar and English is pretty well required on a text-based forum. :facepalm:

Seriously, you can't just quote people without "quotes" right in the middle of a sentence and expect anyone to understand it. Reading your "fixed" sentence structure is like night and day compared to the "what looked like a stream-of-consciousness gibberish" first one.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10093 posts
469 upvotes
Mississauga
JackWhyte wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 5:46 pm
Obviously, as I posted this thread, right?

My comment related to you not seeing your points yet for the PS4, while I have only seen a -negative balance update - maybe there was a problem with PC Points on BF?
He admitted the cashier reversed the purchase so he can use a gift card. Pts can take up to 1 week to show up as the transaction clears. Reversing transactions seem to be quicker to clear. The removing the transaction (refunding the balance, removing the points) is just showing up ahead of the charging of the PS4 and addition of the points.

I don't think PC MC CC will bother to entertain looking into the issue until at least 7 calendar days pass.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3700 posts
491 upvotes
Richmond
dmdsoftware2 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 7:43 pm
You are wrong on that. They have been participating for about 2 years in the PC Plus program.
He was quoting my post from the first page. I have no clue what he means since he has nothing added.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2006
1173 posts
58 upvotes
K-W
Saw this at Kitchener RCSS just now. Bit late but maybe someone can take advantage!
Images
  • 1129171740.jpg
Jul 10, 2008
704 posts
119 upvotes
More bonus offers you can load:
https://provigo.pcplusoffers.ca/en/tricolore/portal

Coca-Cola 10 x 222 mL mini can products 900 points
Tim Hortons Large Tin (Original or Dark Roast, 875g - 930 g) 4,000 points
Fontaine Santé Humm! Hummus cocktail (227-255g) 850 points
Flamingo wing products (760g-800g) 2,000 points
Lindt Swiss Classics 500 points
Nutrilait 10% 1L cream 600 points
Eska Natural Spring Water (24 x 500 mL pack only) 800 points
Jul 10, 2008
704 posts
119 upvotes
In my new offers today I got For Every $30 Spent Get 3000 points.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
2086 posts
1077 upvotes
Another Friday...

Got 20 Offers this week, all JUST FOR YOU

Highlights:
* 7500 Points for every $ 75 Spent
* 200 Points for every $ 2 Spent on Baked In-Store Bread & Rolls
* 200 Points for every $ 1 Spent on Deli Meats
* 2,000 Points for every $ 10 Spent on Meals to Go
* 800 Points for every $ 4 Spent on Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream **
* 200 Points for every $ 1 Spent on PC Chocolate **
And of course...
* 200 Points for THE NEVER-ENDING Pineapple Smiling Face With Sunglasses

** First time ever for Ben & Jerry’s and the PC Chocolate

Looks like there might be Deli Meat Sandwiches with a side of Potato Salad in my future

Perhaps I could turn that PC Chocolate into Fondue, and finally have at that Pineapple
Fondue & Ice Cream... might just be the ticket for this ubiquitous tropical fruit