Personal Finance

[PCF] President's Choice Financial HISA interest rate promo 01May-31OCT17 2%-2.5%

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2017 6:18 pm
Apr 27, 2015
145 posts
26 upvotes
bylo wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 11:20 pm
Done and thanks.

I think you meant 2% and 2.5%.

Meanwhile I've been checking my Inbox and logging on my PCF account a couple of times today. So far no offer for me. The bastards! :twisted:
Not for me either :(. Until Jun 30 I use my mom Tangerine account (she got 2.97% promo), but after Jun 30 it would be god to have 2.5% with PCF. Gonna go to pavillion and request :)
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1082 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If Tangerine doesn't make a new offer (after June 30th) I'll move my emergency fund back to PCF.
sauro88 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 5:02 pm
No issue pushing 3 transactions of $30,000 to Tangerine yesterday.
If I even had that money neither PCF nor Tangerine would let me push transactions that size. (I was told my limit with PCF was the maximum possible. It's certainly higher than my needs, but not $30,000!)
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3789 upvotes
BC
bylo wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 11:20 pm
I think you meant 2% and 2.5%.
LOL. Fixed. I can't believe I made that mistake the sentence after complaining about making that mistake :D I blame your old OP title that was 2.25%
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
May 14, 2011
147 posts
16 upvotes
Christmas Island
got 2.5% from PC. perfect timing as my Tangarine bonus promo expired May 2. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1773 posts
121 upvotes
rebootme wrote:
May 4th, 2017 7:47 am
got 2.5% from PC. perfect timing as my Tangarine bonus promo expired May 2. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
I got the email as well.

"we’re offering an exclusive rate of 2%* on all new deposits until August 31, 2017 when you open a new Interest PlusTM Savings Account. So open an account today"

Do I have to open another Savings account to activate it if I already have one?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1803 posts
172 upvotes
The extension email I received today seems to be for any HISA account. The emails they've sent me earlier since May were for RRSP and TFSA only.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6660 posts
2049 upvotes
Markham
Got the extension as well, as of balance remains April 30th. Will see what comes out of the Tangerine lottery, I prefer Tangerine's online system a bit more.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3789 upvotes
BC
kiwi1962 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 9:39 am
PC Financial extends rate until October 31st.
guessaaa wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 10:11 am
The extension email I received today seems to be for any HISA account. The emails they've sent me earlier since May were for RRSP and TFSA only.
ToniCipriani wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 10:53 am
Got the extension as well, as of balance remains April 30th. Will see what comes out of the Tangerine lottery, I prefer Tangerine's online system a bit more.
Does the extension mention how they will pay out the original bonus interest they promised to pay within a certain timeframe after original end date?

Will they now delay it all til the new end? If they keep postponing it for ever would they never have to pay you the bonus?? LOL
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Sep 3, 2012
170 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I will get an interest rate increase as of September 1st.

*How it works: Offer Period: May 1, 2017 – October 31, 2017. To participate in the President’s Choice Financial® promotional interest offer (the “Offer”), an Eligible Account (define below) holder must open an Eligible Account and/or enrol during the Offer Period by calling 1 866 674 5610, visiting an in-store President’s Choice Financial pavilion to speak with a personal banking representative or by accepting the online offer through online banking. The Offer is available by invitation only to select existing and new President’s Choice Financial Interest PlusTM Savings Accounts and/or Interest First® Savings Accounts (“Eligible Accounts”) during the Offer Period. The special annual interest rate is a combination of the regular annual interest rate on an Eligible Account balance (“Regular Interest”), plus promotional interest (“Promotional Interest”) that is calculated for the Offer Period on the Additional Balance (defined below). The Promotional Interest is calculated on the portion of the Eligible Account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at April 30, 2017 (the “Additional Balance”) to a maximum of $500,000 in Additional Balances aggregated across all of a primary account holder’s Eligible Accounts. Promotional Interest will not be paid on existing funds that were in a PC Financial Account as at April 30, 2017, and are transferred to an Eligible Account. Promotional Interest will be paid in two instalments into a single Eligible Account held by a primary account holder. Payment in September 2017 will be based on the special annual interest rate of 2.0% applied to the Additional Balance during the period May 1 to August 31, 2017. Payment in November 2017 will be based on the special annual interest rate of 2.5% applied to the Additional Balance during the period September 1 to October 31, 2017. Rates may change at any time. Offer is non-transferable.
Oct 19, 2016
347 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone gotten paid their Promo Interest yet ?

Im still waiting and nothing yet. They should just pay it end of every month like everyone else instead of playing a game.
Last edited by mrtrump on Sep 13th, 2017 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 13, 2011
32 posts
6 upvotes
Scarborough
mrtrump wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 8:33 am
Has anyone gotten paid their Promo Interest yet ?

Im still waiting and nothing yet. Greedy Ba$tards... they should just pay it end of every month like everyone else instead of playing a game.
Same here. From T&C, "Payment in September 2017" could mean up to September 30, 2017.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1977 posts
453 upvotes
usually they paid around 7th-10th. Maybe this time, they will wait after the Oct 31st extended period. Which means November? if they do so it's kind of cheating us the interest on bonus interest from Sep till Oct 31st don't you think? Not much for each individual but probably decent amount for them as an institute
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1320 posts
353 upvotes
mkl38s wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 8:44 am
usually they paid around 7th-10th. Maybe this time, they will wait after the Oct 31st extended period. Which means November? if they do so it's kind of cheating us the interest on bonus interest from Sep till Oct 31st don't you think? Not much for each individual but probably decent amount for them as an institute
On another forum, I saw reports of payment on the 14th (January 2016). Cheque is in the mail ...
Aug 26, 2017
118 posts
29 upvotes
Tangerine pays right away. PC plays some kind of stupid game. Anybody got their interest yet?
Justin Trudeau - bankrupting Canada since 2015.