• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 10:57 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1585 posts
176 upvotes
emjhay wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 3:59 pm
for a caveman like me who just got a ps4 what is this psn for ? to play online ? does this include those psn free games?
Yes to both. It entitles you to online play (such as multiplayer) and to monthly free games (which you get to play as long as you're subscribed). It also entitles you to cloud saves (your save games are in the cloud and will survive system change or drive crash).
Jan 10, 2017
31 posts
What's the regular price for the 1 year psn? Isn't it $70?
so this is a good deal?

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1843 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
I tried adding to cart but I get this message: "Product is not available to customers in your region."

I'm in Toronto! :*(

EDIT: I think it's because I'm on Carrytel... I used my phone on Telus and I was able to order.. thanks OP!
Last edited by marcsterr on Sep 8th, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 4, 2013
194 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto, ON
emjhay wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 3:59 pm
for a caveman like me who just got a ps4 what is this psn for ? to play online ? does this include those psn free games?
PSN is PlayStation Network. It is free of cost, in the sense you can browse through ps store, buy games or connect to other entertainment channels like youtube, netflix, etc... without paying anything extra.
This post is for PLUS subscription, which you will need if you want to play games online. They also give select games every month as free to play until your PLUS subscription is valid.
Aug 2, 2017
3 posts
marcsterr wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 4:35 pm
I tried adding to cart but I get this message: "Product is not available to customers in your region."

I'm in Toronto! :*(

EDIT: I think it's because I'm on Carrytel... I used my phone on Telus and I was able to order.. thanks OP!
I was able to put it in my cart and tried 3 times to proceed with checkout without success.. I consequently sent an email to their "support" and it seems QC province is not eligible. What's the difference while using your cell on Telus vs Carrytel? I don't understand why they are unable to provide Subscriptions to Canadians while it is applicable for Canada.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1843 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
LogicElite wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 5:15 pm
I was able to put it in my cart and tried 3 times to proceed with checkout without success.. I consequently sent an email to their "support" and it seems QC province is not eligible. What's the difference while using your cell on Telus vs Carrytel? I don't understand why they are unable to provide Subscriptions to Canadians while it is applicable for Canada.
I'm no subject matter expert on this however I'm guessing they see my Carrytel IP address as a non Canadian one.
Aug 2, 2017
3 posts
marcsterr wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 5:26 pm
I'm no subject matter expert on this however I'm guessing they see my Carrytel IP address as a non Canadian one.
I was using a canadian cellphone.. and they did not provide details about why we are not eligible..
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
4010 posts
573 upvotes
I'm in Quebec and was able to get through checkout, but my order says "Your order is pending for approval.". So we'll see I guess...

Edited: My order says "cancelled/reversed" now (after entering PIN). Oh well...
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14240 posts
3148 upvotes
I have seen the old cards at both the Source and SDM. Bought one a week ago and redeemed it as I know I'll be playing Destiny 2 for at least a year...
Feb 7, 2008
350 posts
140 upvotes
St Catharines
Worked fine for me in St. Catharines, ON.

Possible troubleshooting:
Validating - After you pay, be sure to follow the prompts to 'validate' your account via text message, if you don't see those prompts check your order status. Validation didn't come up automatically for me after payment, it asked me to finish creating my account first (create security question), afterwards it came up to validate my order.
Redeeming - when you click the link for the vaguely sketchy gift card service, it may show a red circle and that it's still processing your gift card. I actually just needed to turn off my adblocker and click the link again and it came right up.
Mobile: Koodo - 8gb 55$ Canada-wide
Internet: Carrytel 60/10 29$
TV: FTA Antenna + Netflix
Sep 14, 2006
187 posts
3 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP. Got the membership.
iPhone 6s, iPad air
Nexus Player
Pebble time
Xbox one+PS4
Nov 9, 2003
140 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
quebecmabe wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 5:11 pm
Can we buy one and use it next year ?
It will automatically stack on top of your current subscription.