Shopping Discussion

PCPartspicker Merchant List Which Should I Avoid?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2019 9:56 pm
[OP]
Dec 6, 2010
98 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto

PCPartspicker Merchant List Which Should I Avoid?

I'm building a new rig https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/HMYnBb

A couple of the parts are from places I've never heard of or ever ordered from and I was wondering if anyone had any descending opinions (since I don't have a car to go to the physical stores) or something such as MEM Express which has no Ontario locations. How is their service and return policies like in your experience? I know NCIX's "legendary" shoes are hard to fill, although their Ontario branch was sorely lacking. I just want to know so I'm not spending an hour plus waiting in a call or get some scripted excuse saying their not to blame and the responsibility befalls the manufacturer.

Merchant Lists are:
-Mike's Computer Shop (never heard of them until pcpartspicker)
-Powertop (never heard of them, they seem new?)
-Vuugo (never heard of them)
-Newegg (Never ordered from them)
-PCCanada (never heard of them)
-ShopRBC (never heard of them

The ones on my good list are:
-Mem express (little worried with weather and how much of a careless prick the delivery guys are on my route)
-Amazon (not worried about parts, customer service, or anything just price is a little higher).
-CanadaComputers(so-so, they just have local branches I can go to)
2 replies
Jan 3, 2016
23 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
There are websites reviewing computer stores, I usually search the site's name and reviews to look for bad press.
From several comments I think Vuugo is not one to use.

Also nice build, I would suggest dumping the liquid cooling rig unless you plan on overclocking.
Also you may want to look at itx boards and smaller cases. I used one for my latest build and have been very impressed.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30502 posts
5037 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
From your list. There is no one to avoid. All are valid and reputation is good as of February 10th, 2019