Expired Hot Deals

[Loblaws] PCPlus Bonus Offer: Get 20,000 Points for Every $80 You Spend (Loblaws/Ontario Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2013 5:49 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
18391 posts
2406 upvotes
Waterloo
mycp wrote:
Jul 20th, 2013 9:55 pm
The PC Plus program is only active in Ontario Loblaw stores right now.
Jon Lai wrote:
Jul 21st, 2013 1:18 am
That includes all of Loblaws owned stores, and not just Loblaws branded stores, right?
No, it means actual "Loblaws" store only
Zehrs, No Frills, or even RCSS Superstore don't even scan the PC Plus card yet... kinda useless app then
Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 20K
Feb 5, 2009
188 posts
69 upvotes
I tried to add my it onto my PC MC and got the following:

"A system error has occurred, Please try again or contact the system administrator."

I love my PC Points, but Loblaws needs to hire some better IT people. Their sites are always full of bugs...
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
38147 posts
940 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jerryhung wrote:
Jul 21st, 2013 6:51 am
Zehrs, No Frills, or even RCSS Superstore don't even scan the PC Plus card yet... kinda useless app then
What? Well this deal is a dud for me then. I was going to do it at T&T. Never spent more than $40 at any of the other stores...
Aug 21, 2006
105 posts
7 upvotes
I'm new to PC Plus. Just started this week.

How often does an offer of this caliber occur, eg. 10K's of points or ~25% of receipt value? Or is this the best seen of its kind so far - I'm wondering if if PC Plus points are usually tied to some particular product one may not be interested in rather than general purchases, which would be best, like this promotion.

Can someone else confirm what happens if you buy $160 worth? I think one poster said he got 40K points. Is that confirmed by anyone else?

On a related note, what happens if you buy $80-159.99 on one occasion, and $80-159.99 on a second occasion? Will you get 20K on both or just the first time? One poster speculated that the offer is redeemed after the first time. But, unless I missed something, no one has confirmed whether a second round will get the same reward. My usual habit is to grocery shop 2 or 3 times a week rather than make 1 large purchase. Anyone else with similar habits already tried? Or do we just hold our breaths until August 9?

The only detail about the offer at the website is "for every $80 purchase". That suggests both $160 and 2x$80 purchases will confer 40K points.
Jan 29, 2013
79 posts
8 upvotes
leer wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2013 10:42 pm

How often does an offer of this caliber occur, eg. 10K's of points or ~25% of receipt value? Or is this the best seen of its kind so far - I'm wondering if if PC Plus points are usually tied to some particular product one may not be interested in rather than general purchases, which would be best, like this promotion.

Can someone else confirm what happens if you buy $160 worth? I think one poster said he got 40K points. Is that confirmed by anyone else?

On a related note, what happens if you buy $80-159.99 on one occasion, and $80-159.99 on a second occasion? Will you get 20K on both or just the first time? One poster speculated that the offer is redeemed after the first time. But, unless I missed something, no one has confirmed whether a second round will get the same reward. My usual habit is to grocery shop 2 or 3 times a week rather than make 1 large purchase. Anyone else with similar habits already tried? Or do we just hold our breaths until August 9?

The only detail about the offer at the website is "for every $80 purchase". That suggests both $160 and 2x$80 purchases will confer 40K points.

This is the best offer to date. Although, it hasn't been out long. I also have a coinciding offer of 5000 pts with $100 purchase.

The small print suggests that if your bill was $160 you would get 40000 pts. It also suggests that the offer is redeemed once you've made one qualifying purchase. Can't speak from direct experience though.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1098 posts
150 upvotes
Renous
Only available to ON ? boo! :mad:
I was able to sign up though?
Reserved for future time travellers
Oct 21, 2005
437 posts
123 upvotes
leer wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2013 10:42 pm

Yes I spent $160 and received 40000 pc points on Monday.

My $86 purchase on Friday did not register though so working with them on that now, keep your receipts just in case!
Dec 17, 2003
616 posts
76 upvotes
Hamilton
jerryhung wrote:
Jul 21st, 2013 6:51 am
This will eventually be rolled out to all the banner stores sometime in the future.

Loblaw launches smart-phone based loyalty program

"The Loblaws loyalty program will be rolled out across Loblaw Cos. banners this year, including Joe Fresh but not No Frills or Maxi"

"Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories" - Steven Wright
Aug 21, 2006
105 posts
7 upvotes
Okay, I'll try Loblaws again before end of July 25.

It may be a good opportunity to compare products with other stores I frequent during the week (eg. Metro, Big Carrot) especially providing incentive to try out my choices of the black label PC products. Most have been good and though expensive, this would allow less restrained exploration. Besides, one would need to go above the threshold of $80 increments while my smaller, more frequent purchases usually don't. I'm sure that won't be as hard particularly with the gourmet and exotic items.
Jul 23, 2013
1 posts
I can't seem to find this in the offer tab to load on the card. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2012
1723 posts
285 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
How much is 20,000 points worth? $2 or $20?
× < >