Shopping Discussion

PCVRS712 Sony computer 1199 what u think?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2004 1:02 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Dec 8, 2004
18 posts

PCVRS712 Sony computer 1199 what u think?

I had previous sony computer I liked it I know sony computer is expensive but is this a good deal?
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 3.0 GHz1 with Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
1MB L2 Cache, 512 ddr ram, dvd rw cd rw,

Video & Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX5200 128MB
TV-Out / VGA-Out / DVI-Out (DVI Output8Mx16x8pcs)

I was wondering about the graphics card will this allow my PC to become a PVR? it doesnt come with giga pocket but with the video card is this still possible? Whats the TV out for? thanks anyone else like this deal?
5 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
meh its a okay computer if you don't know much about computers, plus they have good technical support that you can call anytime of you have any computer problems at all.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Dec 2, 2003
537 posts
73 upvotes
Sony's are all good but keep in mind that if you ever need warranty service from sony, you would have to send it to their service centre MTC in whitby, and their support services suck (both MTC and Sony). My two cents. =)
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3625 posts
97 upvotes
Why don't you get one built, get a dual display card, some silent-type parts and you can still be in that range of cost. And then have a real htpc/pvr.
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
Banned
Dec 8, 2004
18 posts
hey guys thanks alot for your responses, I had no problems with sony brand so I am interested in this computer but it says no gigapocket but it has TV-out, will the TV out let me watch tv on my pc and burn programs to dvd or will it allow me to connect my monitor to my big screen tv so i can watch my computer on tv? any help is appreciated thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3416 posts
37 upvotes
Brampton
royjones wrote:hey guys thanks alot for your responses, I had no problems with sony brand so I am interested in this computer but it says no gigapocket but it has TV-out, will the TV out let me watch tv on my pc and burn programs to dvd or will it allow me to connect my monitor to my big screen tv so i can watch my computer on tv? any help is appreciated thanks
TV Out means it Outputs to a TV meaning instead of displaying on your monitor you can display on your TV or use both.
|D
|D [\/] /\ Z