Fashion & Apparel

which peacoat do you think looks nicer or prefer ?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2017 11:08 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6842 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto
thatsnazzyiphoneguy wrote:
Apr 8th, 2014 2:00 pm
yeah kinda ooking for one i can grab right now lol

i like it tho!

what do you think of the two i originally posteD?
I prefer the Kenneth Cole. The trim is a bit much but the cut and fit is right on.

I know everyone prefers the J Lindberg but it looks full blown Winter especially with those big lapels and bulky cut.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2952 posts
438 upvotes
Just to mix things up a bit - do you suit a double breasted coat/jacket etc.? I ask because neither I nor my husband do. I do remember wearing them though WAY back in the day - I guess around the time of the Beatles' invasion. Yep, we are "old -er" - hence why I am asking the question because fashion isn't entering into the equation for me. My husband has a couple of similar jackets that are single breasted and they just look better on him. Actually, I look best in styles from the 1930s - always have, so very difficult to find something that suits me. Hope you enjoy your jacket.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1215 posts
96 upvotes
Blanche123 wrote:
Apr 8th, 2014 4:11 pm
Just to mix things up a bit - do you suit a double breasted coat/jacket etc.? I ask because neither I nor my husband do. I do remember wearing them though WAY back in the day - I guess around the time of the Beatles' invasion. Yep, we are "old -er" - hence why I am asking the question because fashion isn't entering into the equation for me. My husband has a couple of similar jackets that are single breasted and they just look better on him. Actually, I look best in styles from the 1930s - always have, so very difficult to find something that suits me. Hope you enjoy your jacket.

many students wear them i see on campus
i have a cheap american eagle peacoat but i realized medium was to big, but hey it was on clearance for 30 bucks lol. i want a nice fitted one and decided to spend a bit extra for a nice one. i like their formal look and timeless design
Deal Addict
May 20, 2008
1301 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
Blanche123 wrote:
Apr 8th, 2014 4:11 pm
6x2 is making a comeback judging from the snaps of Pitti Uomo
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2952 posts
438 upvotes
Borbor wrote:
Apr 8th, 2014 11:00 pm
6x2 is making a comeback judging from the snaps of Pitti Uomo
Definitely - what goes around comes around - if you live long enough you will see the same things a few times - perhaps with slight changes! But as a person gets older and learns what suits them, or perhaps what looked okay the first time does not look as nice the second time around, fashion takes a back seat. I see women my age looking a pictures of themselves dressed in mini dresses wondering why more than 45 years later they are only wearing a blouse (think "mini").

Young people have been asking the owner of the consignment shop I frequent if she has any Pea Jackets - she did and sold them.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2952 posts
438 upvotes
thatsnazzyiphoneguy wrote:
Apr 8th, 2014 5:10 pm
many students wear them i see on campus
i have a cheap american eagle peacoat but i realized medium was to big, but hey it was on clearance for 30 bucks lol. i want a nice fitted one and decided to spend a bit extra for a nice one. i like their formal look and timeless design
Great buy. You realize I have been hearing the original Beatles' tunes in my head ever since reading your reply! Definitely lots of kids wearing them at university when I went. Definitely timeless - they just don't suit me.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1215 posts
96 upvotes
Blanche123 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2014 11:32 am
Great buy. You realize I have been hearing the original Beatles' tunes in my head ever since reading your reply! Definitely lots of kids wearing them at university when I went. Definitely timeless - they just don't suit me.
do u have a preference on these two? im leaning towards the kennoth cole:

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Kenneth+ ... lt,pd.html

http://www.lyst.com/clothing/billy-reid ... /#22468570
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2880 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
If u want something more classic, get the billy reid one.
Jun 23, 2011
659 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
blah why isnt the first link not hyperlinked
Dec 17, 2004
226 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver
I prefer peacoats that have slash pockets... absolutely hate the flap pockets but that's just personal preference.
Just a couple of examples... which are probably way more than you're willing to pay but you can find others that look similar fairly easily:

Real McCoy's Peacoat - inspired by the 1930s peacoat used by the US Navy.
Buzz Rickson's Peacoat - based on the 1910s peacoat.

As mentioned before though, why buy a reproduction when you can get the real thing for a lot cheaper from an army surplus store?
Also, if you intend on wearing a peacoat for spring, I'd just give up on the idea and look for a Bomber jacket instead.