• Feb 2nd, 2018 7:34 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8589 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
can2000 wrote:
Aug 29th, 2013 9:24 pm
I just have it installed yesterday and noticed the monitor has been displaying "SLEEP" quite frequently. I need to do SYNC between the monitor and sensor every time when $0.00 shows too. Not sure why ?
The technician came to check and told us that there are lots of interfere. If it doesn't work again, we can't call them anymore because his boss told him they can't offer any more free service.... Now, the monitor service is no more useful to me. :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Apr 24, 2006
794 posts
259 upvotes
Has anyone been issued the new "all-in-one" thermostats that show current usage price within the thermostat?
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1929 posts
367 upvotes
Aurora
ndiniwachojeff wrote:
Sep 16th, 2013 1:46 pm
Has anyone been issued the new "all-in-one" thermostats that show current usage price within the thermostat?
Never heard of this. Any online info?
Mar 21, 2008
100 posts
55 upvotes
Possibly. The link you posted seems like it was a portal specific to your own local utility - the link I posted is a "global" one for the entire Peaksaver program across the province, so it's doubtful credentials work across both.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8589 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
I can't find anywhere to register. Thanks
http://controlyourthermostat.ca/login.jsp

Looks like it is for hydro one only:
Invalid Username/Password - please try using your old Hydro One account number. If you still have trouble, email us at PeakSaverPLUS@HydroOne.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Mar 21, 2008
100 posts
55 upvotes
Hmm...ok, I didn't think it was centric to Hydro One, but perhaps it is as that's our provider.

IT appears that the Enersource website as a whole is broken so it's likely that once it's fixed the Peaksaver page should work again. Unfortunately this time of year I suspect their IT team are likely all on vacation....
Sep 8, 2013
7 posts
St Catharines
I'm interested in PeakSaver only for the free thermostat (ours is really old) - I'm not an energy hog but I *do* need a cold house to sleep at night. Does anyone know if I'd have a problem cooling my house to 23C at night in the summer?
Mar 21, 2008
100 posts
55 upvotes
The peak saver system has no effect on your choice of temperatures 99.99% of the time, so you would have no problems – it is typically only activated and overrides your choice of temperatures during the hottest days of summer, and usually only during the afternoon for a maximum of four hours. The rest of the time whatever you program your thermostat for is where it will operate at, the same as a traditional thermostat.

The first year that we had the peak saver thermostat, two summers ago, if I recall correctly it only activated into peaksaver mode once, and last summer three times if I remember correctly. We did notice the latter few activations last summer as the house got noticeably warmer, but that's mostly the fault of our inefficient air-conditioning system and less than energy efficient house - those with good cooling systems and tight houses would probably barely notice a change.

In the end I consider the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1312 posts
278 upvotes
The peaksaver.com thermostat control doesn't work anymore under the manual control setting either using Chrome or Safari on mobile phone.
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Mar 21, 2008
100 posts
55 upvotes
Works fine for me via Safari on my iPhone, I just tested it and sent a command to our thermostat with no problems.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2006
1033 posts
28 upvotes
I have a question for anyone who can help.
I've had Peaksaver for a few years and so far no issues at all.
Just recently I started to use the online function allowing me to control the thermostat/air conditioner through the web.

I'm going away for a month over the summer and I just cancelled my Internet.
Will I still be able to control the thermostat/air conditioner even though the house doesn't have the Internet any more?

If yes, then how does the thermostat communicate with PeakSaver?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)