• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2018 7:34 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1137 posts
488 upvotes
Hamilton
A local tech installed one for us several weeks ago and we can't control it/send schedule remotely :( They replaced the thermostat without success. Web site access, scheduling, etc looks OK and option to have remote access sounds good yet it does not send schedules to thermostat. Hydro one seems wasting our resources IMO as thermostat, install, support (!) all costly items yet it does not work as it supposed to; no access via web/remote to change settings/schedule.
Oct 14, 2015
8 posts
Toronto, ON
You need to see if there is any warranty for Peak saver . If you got it, you can replace it for free in case, if there is any technical bug
If you haven't got any warrranty, then you have to contact local tech to fix it by paying for it for easy solution
Mar 21, 2008
99 posts
55 upvotes
HamsiBrain wrote:
Aug 1st, 2015 9:43 pm
A local tech installed one for us several weeks ago and we can't control it/send schedule remotely :( They replaced the thermostat without success. Web site access, scheduling, etc looks OK and option to have remote access sounds good yet it does not send schedules to thermostat. Hydro one seems wasting our resources IMO as thermostat, install, support (!) all costly items yet it does not work as it supposed to; no access via web/remote to change settings/schedule.
Chances are someone didn't tie the physical hardware ID (the thermostat) to your account number properly..which is what you use to login to the thermostat. The install tech probably wrote down a wrong ID number from the thermostat hardware during the install and I'd say there's a decent chance you're controlling someone elses thermostat instead. :D
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1137 posts
488 upvotes
Hamilton
oshawapilot wrote:
Nov 1st, 2015 7:34 am
Chances are someone didn't tie the physical hardware ID (the thermostat) to your account number properly..which is what you use to login to the thermostat. The install tech probably wrote down a wrong ID number from the thermostat hardware during the install and I'd say there's a decent chance you're controlling someone elses thermostat instead. :D
Thanks for the feedback. You probably right. They called us 3 days ago. After briesf instruction, they asked us to run some tests and call back if need further assistance. We run few tests: few times manual trial to test connectivity, all OK, and then test schedule few more times. All good.
Almost 4 months, many calls, replacement and IMO one of worst troubleshooting/support that probably wasted a lot of tax payers funds.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1260 posts
87 upvotes
If you move do you need to return the thermostat? Do they come and take it or how is it handled?
Mar 5, 2017
24 posts
32 upvotes
So now that they have shut down the program, is there any way to hack this thermostat and keep it working?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
5065 posts
1014 upvotes
Brampton
heynow9991 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 4:20 pm
So now that they have shut down the program, is there any way to hack this thermostat and keep it working?
Shut down ? Why what happened? It stopped working for me too :(
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
1608 posts
148 upvotes
heynow9991 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 4:20 pm
it still works...I actually get emails from Enbridge showing it's offline and I reconfigure it shows online, etc...weird stuff, unless their program is a difft one I am enrolled in?
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
1608 posts
148 upvotes
Mayoo wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 9:17 pm
Shut down ? Why what happened? It stopped working for me too :(
stopped working how?
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
1273 posts
152 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
the thermostat still works, the ability for hydro to control your air conditioning remotely during peak periods has shut down they no longer can control it and you can not log in remotely and adjust the temperature either, other than that its a standard programmable thermostat now
Hi
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
5065 posts
1014 upvotes
Brampton
No wonder :(

peaksaver PLUS®
Thank you for participating in peaksaver PLUS®. The program closed on December 31, 2017

https://www.hydroone.com/saving-money-a ... ksaverplus
After 10 successful years, the peaksaver PLUS® program ended December 31, 2017. Together with more than 315,000 participating homes and businesses across the province, you have played an important part in protecting the environment while keeping Ontario’s electricity reliable.

When you first signed up, a thermostat or electronic switch was installed to temporarily reduce the electricity used by your air conditioner, electric water heater or pool pump, on the hottest summer days when electricity demand was highest. With significant changes in smart thermostat technology and the evolution in demand response programs, peaksaver PLUS® ended on December 31, 2017 .
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
1608 posts
148 upvotes
GoodFellaz wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 12:47 pm
the thermostat still works, the ability for hydro to control your air conditioning remotely during peak periods has shut down they no longer can control it and you can not log in remotely and adjust the temperature either, other than that its a standard programmable thermostat now
um, not mine...I still control my temps, etc, via the Enercare App..
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
1273 posts
152 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Enercare and Peaksaver are not the same thing
Hi
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
5065 posts
1014 upvotes
Brampton
I got on the greenON program but few days ago, I got a mail saying peaksaver program will be replaced with new b
Program and I am with brampton Hydro