Peking duck in toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2018 8:14 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4828 posts
898 upvotes
Markham
For something similar to Peking duck but a really good fusion version, please go to Lee Restaurant on King St West @ Portland which is Susur Lee's restaurant. Have the Peking and Char Siu Duck Breast. Highly recommend you also order the Singaporean Slaw.

It's sliced duck breast which is sitting on top of duck leg confit. It's served with house made Hoisin and Foie Gras Pate, the "crunch" comes from fried sheets of tofu. The pancake is a super super thin crepe. $34. I think we made 8 or 9 "packages"....so it could serve 2-4 people.

No. 4 on this list is his duck and No 1 is the slaw.

http://www.tastetoronto.ca/susur-lee-top-10/
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4022 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
Was at Royal Teahouse (Applecreek & Woodbine) for dinner last night and they had peking duck for $10 (but only for Mon-Thurs, otherwise $16). It was pretty yummy - the skin was crispy and well trimmed (not too much fat) and it came with 10 wraps. Better than Dayali, imo.
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Mar 30, 2007
4 posts
Richmond Hill
Best that I had recently was Peking Duck Kitchen on Glen Watford. Think it's $40 for the duck. Other dishes are pretty good as well. Overall dinner for 4 came to $120 or so.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2004
9721 posts
837 upvotes
Brampton
Anyone know a decent place to get peking duck in mississauga?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 199 and counting. RFD Feedback 54-0-0 and counting.
Mar 14, 2006
506 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
I like the ones from Sai Woo in Scarborough. The wrap is real good.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2151 posts
359 upvotes
Oshawa
Kevinck wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 1:57 pm
I want roast duck. If there is a technical difference between "peking duck" and "roast duck" i'm not concerned. i just want the shaved skin/meat with the wraps/onion/hoisin. If there are the other courses (soup or the duck stirfy with lettuce leaves) that's just bonus.

Any recommendations for this in toronto? Also want it paired with decent food.
Shaved Duck ... is not the same as Roasted Duck.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6309 posts
1003 upvotes
Mississauga
squall458 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 12:39 pm
Anyone know a decent place to get peking duck in mississauga?
I had Peking duck tonight at Jam House (Dixie and Dundas). It was really good, crispy skin, lots of meat and little fat. Lots of wraps were included, and then they gave us a choice of having the second dish with lettuce wraps, or just chopped up. I'm not sure of the price since someone else paid.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.