Penalty notice/Parking ticket at Chingucousy Wellness center

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2018 3:16 pm
[OP]
Mar 19, 2015
49 posts
2 upvotes

Penalty notice/Parking ticket at Chingucousy Wellness center

Did anyone hear of getting Parking ticket/Penalty notice at the Chingucousy wellness center at the Brampton? An out of town friend parked their car there. When they returned found the ticket on the windshield from the City of Brampton! I have never heard of that.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
2451 posts
1202 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AnitaTh wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 2:16 pm
Did anyone hear of getting Parking ticket/Penalty notice at the Chingucousy wellness center at the Brampton? An out of town friend parked their car there. When they returned found the ticket on the windshield from the City of Brampton! I have never heard of that.
It could be private property. Any address on the ticket?
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
9741 posts
6133 upvotes
Edmonton
Were they there to use the centre facilities? It’s not at all uncommon for sites to enforce their parking facility policies to ensure that their patrons have parking available.

C
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11343 posts
6153 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
You sure it's a legit parking ticket?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
11484 posts
4834 upvotes
Toronto
what do the parking lot signs say?
[OP]
Mar 19, 2015
49 posts
2 upvotes
Penalty notice_zpsg9jxkozv.png
This is the copy of the ticket. I called Wellness center and staff said parking is free!
Last edited by AnitaTh on Mar 21st, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Mar 19, 2015
49 posts
2 upvotes
Do not know. It is long time that I went there. When called the staff said it is free and it should be as it is a recreation center.
Swerny wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 2:49 pm
what do the parking lot signs say?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
9741 posts
6133 upvotes
Edmonton
It’s free if you’re using the recreation centre. Were your guests using the recreation centre, or parking there for an extended period of time?

They could always try to fight it. Ask for leniency.

C
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11343 posts
6153 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Ok looks legit.

Fight it!!! That $40 can feed lots of starving children!!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12364 posts
2899 upvotes
RFD
That's a legit ticket. OP never verified if out of town friends actually used the wellness center, or if they parked there and skipped to the civic hospital behind/beside the wellness center or went to a plaza nearby...
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3466 posts
2680 upvotes
Oakville, ON
From Brampton 93-93 S57 (12):

No person shall park or leave any motor vehicle in or on any part of a municipal parking lot where, by means of one (1) or more signs, it is indicated that such parking or leaving is not authorized

Sounds like where or how they park d was prohibited by a sign. Since it was issued at 9:09 am, maybe they were parked there overnight when the sign said not allowed?

Either way, there must be signs posted that will tell you more specifically what they did wrong.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10976 posts
830 upvotes
Brampton
Did they go to the hospital next door? If they did that and someone saw them then thats why a ticket was given.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12364 posts
2899 upvotes
RFD
cheapmeister wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 5:04 pm
Did they go to the hospital next door? If they did that and someone saw them then thats why a ticket was given.
No confirmation from OP yet on this, (I'm leaning towards them going to the hospital), but I know this area and they have a lot of people trying to do this, so they don't have to pay for hospital parking. Also they do have security cameras and parking enforcement coming every often to verify everything.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4337 posts
1791 upvotes
Mississauga
cheapmeister wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 5:04 pm
This used to happen a LOT at Erin Mills Town Centre when people would visit Credit Valley Hospital. Now security patrols regularly and doles out tickets.