PEO Review Time

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 8:10 am
[OP]
Mar 11, 2012
3 posts
N/A

PEO Review Time

Has anyone gone through the experience review process lately? It's driving me crazy how long it's taking and the only answer I get is to keep waiting. How long is it going to take???
448 replies
Mar 31, 2006
70 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
My experience record was approved last month. It took PEO almost 17 weeks to review.
[OP]
Mar 11, 2012
3 posts
N/A
Thanks. I'm at 13 weeks and counting. It's driving me crazy.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7798 posts
868 upvotes
My review took ~6 weeks, but entire process was probably closer to 14 weeks due to one of my references who kept forgetting to fill out their reference form and send it back for almost 2 months!

FYI: I think their most recent approved license application list came out February 14, if you made that list you should' found out by now. Not sure when their next approval list is or how often they do them.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Feb 22, 2006
151 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Currently waiting for 6 weeks, but they told me to expect a response in approximately 12 weeks
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7798 posts
868 upvotes
DrXenon wrote:
Mar 13th, 2012 11:04 am
Are you folks who have the 13 week delays graduates of CEAB accredited schools? PEO wrote a report a couple of years ago saying that the vast majority of record reviews take 6 weeks. Mebbe they were lying because the reprt was to deny that they were obstructing immigrants.

You also have to account for time needed to get the reference forms to your references, have them fill them out and then sending it back to PEO. Not everyone fills out the forms and sends them back right away, one of my references kept forgetting to do it for almost two months and I had to hound them to get it down, that was the main delay with my review. Once PEO got all the completed reference forms back the actual review process itself took about 6 weeks.

PEO won't proceed with the review unless they have all gotten back all the completed forms from your references.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Mar 31, 2006
70 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
In my case it took 16 weeks after they received all the info. I got an email from them confirming my application was complete. I'm not sure why it took so long. My coworker that does similar work with less experience was approved in like 3 weeks.

My program was also CEAB approved.
Feb 22, 2006
151 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I did graduate in a CEAB program.

I got an email from the PEO after they had received my referee's forms, and they said that the final review process takes 12 weeks to be completed.
Mar 21, 2012
40 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
Peo just sent me an email today to inform that they will send my files for final review. They said it will takes 12 weeks minimum to get an an answer. Does any of you have wait all that time? Can it be shorter? I graduated in CAEB program. Can it be an issue if my eng experience is not in the eng field i have studied?
Feb 22, 2006
151 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
mano67 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2012 10:05 pm
Peo just sent me an email today to inform that they will send my files for final review. They said it will takes 12 weeks minimum to get an an answer. Does any of you have wait all that time? Can it be shorter? I graduated in CAEB program. Can it be an issue if my eng experience is not in the eng field i have studied?

That is the exact email I got about 7 weeks ago. I am still waiting.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7798 posts
868 upvotes
I got my P.Eng approval over a month ago and I'm still waiting for my stamp lol.

BTW I didn't get any emails about final review, the reviewer didn't even update me on anything, I finally got a bit impatient and emailed her one day and she replied two days later that she just checked the approval list released the day before and I was on it.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
2631 posts
76 upvotes
Winkle wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2012 9:27 am
I got my P.Eng approval over a month ago and I'm still waiting for my stamp lol.

What are you planning on doing with it? So many possibilities.
Feb 27, 2009
6 posts
GTA
uahmed wrote:
Mar 13th, 2012 3:05 pm
I did graduate in a CEAB program.

I got an email from the PEO after they had received my referee's forms, and they said that the final review process takes 12 weeks to be completed.
Did you get any response?
They said to me that it will take minimum of 14 weeks for review, it was back in April..
Feb 27, 2009
6 posts
GTA
Anonymouse wrote:
Jun 24th, 2012 10:44 am
PEO seems to be slacking off on processing applications. Here is what the Deloitte audit of a few years ago mentioned above (http://www.peo.on.ca/publications/Repor ... Report.pdf) said:

I would encourage anybody who is waiting 12 or more weeks to contact their MPP and ask why it takes 3-4 months to review a 3-4 page experience record.
It was back in 2008, now they extended the review time.
BTW, how MPP could help?
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3171 upvotes
Calgary
It also may constitute Professional Misconduct for a P.Eng. to fail to render, in the requested/prescribed fashion, a peer review of an EIT's work experience, in a timely fashion.

Considering that jobs may be on the line here, it is very unfortunate that they do not complete things in a timely matter.
TodayHello wrote:
Oct 16th, 2012 9:06 pm
...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...