• Sep 21st, 2017 4:49 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16876 posts
1812 upvotes
GTA West
whichseatcanitake wrote:
Jul 11th, 2016 10:42 pm
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I really can't find this information anywhere else. When you say 10 pages, is that 10 pages per year of experience or for all 4 years?
10 pages in total, not per year.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
May 22, 2011
125 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jul 11th, 2016 10:43 pm
10 pages in total, not per year.
Oh OK. Thanks a lot for the quick response, mate!
I have written 4 pages for my internship experience. So I guess I can just write another 8 pages for the post-grade experience next 3 years.

Cheers! :)
May 23, 2016
5 posts
Jucius Maximus wrote:
May 26th, 2016 9:02 pm
No, but I recently received an e-mail indicating that they are hiring for a new Manager of License registration... :confused:
I contacted PEO last week who advised me that my application had passed experience assessment and was being forwarded to Deputy registrar for his final approval. Does anyone know how long more it may take from this point onwards before I hear from PEO about the final status ? And is it usually a formality from here on or do I need to continue worrying ?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16876 posts
1812 upvotes
GTA West
sarsha01 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2016 4:03 pm
I contacted PEO last week who advised me that my application had passed experience assessment and was being forwarded to Deputy registrar for his final approval. Does anyone know how long more it may take from this point onwards before I hear from PEO about the final status ? And is it usually a formality from here on or do I need to continue worrying ?
Should just be a formality at this time. I noticed my status in the website directory changed from "EIT" to "---". Shortly thereafter, I received my acceptance package in the mail.
- Casual Gastronomist -
May 23, 2016
5 posts
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jul 12th, 2016 4:32 pm
Should just be a formality at this time. I noticed my status in the website directory changed from "EIT" to "---". Shortly thereafter, I received my acceptance package in the mail.
Thank you Jucius - I hope that's the case as I have waited for this for quite long now and am at a point where its causing me anxiety and distraction. I wasn't "EIT" so I have no visibility to my status in their directory.
Apr 6, 2012
373 posts
13 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I found out from PEO my references have submitted their questionnaires and now it will take 10-12 weeks to review my experience record. Is there any way to expedite this?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16876 posts
1812 upvotes
GTA West
ungattbrock wrote:
Jul 15th, 2016 8:29 pm
I found out from PEO my references have submitted their questionnaires and now it will take 10-12 weeks to review my experience record. Is there any way to expedite this?
The only way to "expedite" it is by not bugging them and asking for a progress update. :(

Seriously, this is the main reason why I never respond to those e-mail requests for Engineering Experience Mentors and stuff. That is not where they need to focus their efforts in improving the process. What they do need is an online portal showing the whole status and progress of your application, which incorporates a ticket system for raising questions and requests and such.

And I don't send this criticism to them because the next thing is that they will ask me to write the spec! :lol:
- Casual Gastronomist -
Apr 6, 2012
373 posts
13 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jul 16th, 2016 2:49 pm
The only way to "expedite" it is by not bugging them and asking for a progress update. :(

Seriously, this is the main reason why I never respond to those e-mail requests for Engineering Experience Mentors and stuff. That is not where they need to focus their efforts in improving the process. What they do need is an online portal showing the whole status and progress of your application, which incorporates a ticket system for raising questions and requests and such.

And I don't send this criticism to them because the next thing is that they will ask me to write the spec! :lol:
So should I not call my admin rep at all during the next 2-3 months?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16876 posts
1812 upvotes
GTA West
ungattbrock wrote:
Jul 16th, 2016 11:34 pm
So should I not call my admin rep at all during the next 2-3 months?
The only thing I might do is confirm that they have received everything and that they are not waiting for anything else. After that, I would not bother them again until 13 weeks pass (given an extra 1 week for mailing time.)
- Casual Gastronomist -
May 23, 2016
5 posts
sarsha01 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2016 10:51 am
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Thank you Jucius - I hope that's the case as I have waited for this for quite long now and am at a point where its causing me anxiety and distraction. I wasn't "EIT" so I have no visibility to my status in their directory.
Finally, Got my P.Eng!

Here is the TimeLine:

- Submitted P.Eng application in October 2015
- Took PPE during special sitting in Feb, 2016
- First week of April , 2016 , was informed that I had passed PPE
- All referees got back to PEO by April 28, 2016
-First week of July, followed up and was informed that i had passed the experience requirements and that my file was pending registrar's approval.
- July 22, 2016 became eligible to pay final registration fees ~$550, which i paid online on the same day
- First Week of August, 2016 , got the welcome letter
- August 31st , received the stamp in mail

Getting P.Eng was very close to my heart , and one of my referees gave me hard time too... which added the stress and anxiety. But i am super happy that at the end i got it!
Good luck to everyone out there going through this process!
Aug 31, 2016
2 posts
sarsha01 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 4:37 pm
sarsha01 wrote:
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Finally, Got my P.Eng!

Here is the TimeLine:

-First week of July, followed up and was informed that i had passed the experience requirements and that my file was pending registrar's approval.
- July 22, 2016 became eligible to pay final registration fees ~$550, which i paid online on the same day

Getting P.Eng was very close to my heart , and one of my referees gave me hard time too... which added the stress and anxiety. But i am super happy that at the end i got it!
Hi there Sarsha,
Many congratulations on becoming a P.Eng!

Here's how my P.Eng proceedings gone so far:
My file was forwarded for final review on June 02, 2016. I recently checked with my rep and learnt that I should be getting a decision letter at the end of this month ( Sept).
I was looking at your timeline and was wondering how did you learn that you have become eligible to pay the final registration?

"July 22, 2016 became eligible to pay final registration fees ~$550, which i paid online on the same day"

Did you see a change in your online status or received an email from PEO informing you of that? My online status with PEO is still showing "EIT".

Any feedback on the above inquiry, from you or fellow members is much appreciated.
Thanks
May 23, 2016
5 posts
KK2016 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 5:06 pm
sarsha01 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 4:37 pm
sarsha01 wrote:

Finally, Got my P.Eng!

Here is the TimeLine:

Hi there Sarsha,
Many congratulations on becoming a P.Eng!

Here's how my P.Eng proceedings gone so far:
My file was forwarded for final review on June 02, 2016. I recently checked with my rep and learnt that I should be getting a decision letter at the end of this month ( Sept).
I was looking at your timeline and was wondering how did you learn that you have become eligible to pay the final registration?

"July 22, 2016 became eligible to pay final registration fees ~$550, which i paid online on the same day"

Did you see a change in your online status or received an email from PEO informing you of that? My online status with PEO is still showing "EIT".

Any feedback on the above inquiry, from you or fellow members is much appreciated.
Thanks
you should create an account on (https://secure.peo.on.ca/ebusiness) - This is the site where you should be able to pay the fees and learn if you are eligible to pay the fees yet....
Good luck!
Sep 27, 2016
1 posts
Here is my timeline:

Feb 2015: Applied for PEO licence (non-CEAB graduate). Submitted all documents + international & Canadian engineering summary (14+ years)
May 2015: Got assigned Confirmatory Examination Program (4 exams) + option to attend technical interview (to see if they can waive the exams)
November 2015: passed the interview, all exams waived
April 2016: PPE exam
June 2016: received letter confirming that I have passed the PPE exam, advising me to submit my canadian (and only canadian) engineering experience + 3 referee contacts
June 20 2016: received an e-mail "your file has been forwarded for final review. The wait is 10-12 weeks, depending on the quality of experience and the references"
August 29 2016: 10 weeks after the e-mail, I was told to wait another 4 weeks and then call them
September 26: 4 weeks later, I was told to wait another 3 weeks, and then call them

I must admit that I did not expect the whole process (application to estimated licensing date sometimes in October) to last this long.

A bit frustrating at times, but it is what it is.

Good luck to you all!
Nov 14, 2016
2 posts
ingotiblum wrote:
Sep 28th, 2016 1:29 pm
Here is my timeline:

Feb 2015: Applied for PEO licence (non-CEAB graduate). Submitted all documents + international & Canadian engineering summary (14+ years)
May 2015: Got assigned Confirmatory Examination Program (4 exams) + option to attend technical interview (to see if they can waive the exams)
November 2015: passed the interview, all exams waived
April 2016: PPE exam
June 2016: received letter confirming that I have passed the PPE exam, advising me to submit my canadian (and only canadian) engineering experience + 3 referee contacts
June 20 2016: received an e-mail "your file has been forwarded for final review. The wait is 10-12 weeks, depending on the quality of experience and the references"
August 29 2016: 10 weeks after the e-mail, I was told to wait another 4 weeks and then call them
September 26: 4 weeks later, I was told to wait another 3 weeks, and then call them

I must admit that I did not expect the whole process (application to estimated licensing date sometimes in October) to last this long.

A bit frustrating at times, but it is what it is.

Good luck to you all!
Do you need submit same Experience Record Form again for one year Canadian Experience? Have you get your P Eng. now?