PEO Review Time

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 8:10 pm
Apr 10, 2016
6 posts
1 upvote
Still waiting.

Here's a quick timeline update:

December 2015 - submitted my experience record to PEO.
Beginning of February 2016 - called to make sure it was received, temporarily couldn't be located but eventually was, referee forms sent.
April 2016 - informed I would need to submit additional information with respect to how I applied what I learned in school to my day-to-day tasks.
May 2016 - informed I would need to attend an interview. Was told to call immediately to schedule.
May 2016 - called to schedule an interview. Was informed that because it was almost summer, it might be difficult to find volunteers to conduct the interview.
July 2016 - asked for an update regarding my interview. Was told the ERC does not meet until the fall to schedule interviews. Attempt will be made to schedule the interview for September or October.
October 2016 - still waiting........
Apr 6, 2012
373 posts
13 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
dayowl wrote:
Oct 14th, 2016 6:43 pm
Still waiting.

Here's a quick timeline update:

December 2015 - submitted my experience record to PEO.
Beginning of February 2016 - called to make sure it was received, temporarily couldn't be located but eventually was, referee forms sent.
April 2016 - informed I would need to submit additional information with respect to how I applied what I learned in school to my day-to-day tasks.
May 2016 - informed I would need to attend an interview. Was told to call immediately to schedule.
May 2016 - called to schedule an interview. Was informed that because it was almost summer, it might be difficult to find volunteers to conduct the interview.
July 2016 - asked for an update regarding my interview. Was told the ERC does not meet until the fall to schedule interviews. Attempt will be made to schedule the interview for September or October.
October 2016 - still waiting........
have you done your interview?
Nov 14, 2016
2 posts
Yes I had successful interview and I gave PPE. Just waiting to complete 1yr Canadian experience
Jun 29, 2008
4 posts
1 upvote
2016/08/28 - Submitted experience record and referees to PEO.
2016/08/29 - Questionnaires emailed to referees.
2016/09/23 - Referees completed questionnaires.
2016/09/28 - PEO requested additional referees.
2016/09/28 - Additional referee submitted to PEO.
2016/10/04 - Questionnaire emailed to referee.
2016/10/04 - Referee completed questionnaire.
2016/11/01 - PEO forwarded prepared file to licensing department (after inquiry phone call).
2017/02/21 - 16 weeks.
2017/02/21 - Contacted Licensing Manager, they are currently looking at applications from October. Licensing occurs once per month, next is middle of March.
2017/03/20 - Name not in database, able to pay full membership fees online! Receipt has official P. Eng membership card!

All told, nearly 7 months from submitting the experience record and referees (Application, PPE, Education requirements completed years ago).
Nearly 20 weeks from the time the application was deemed complete, to when it was approved.
Mar 30, 2017
1 posts
Ontario
Hi everybody,

Has anyone gone through the experience processing recently? My experience record forwarded to PEO for processing in the middle of November 2016. I asked them to give me update after 14 weeks in the middle of February. I have been told they are experiencing a delay in the normal processing due to staffing issue and assessment may take 16 weeks. But 18 weeks has been passed and I haven't heard back from PEO. How long should I wait?? Even a peer-reviewed paper in ISI does not take that much time to be reviewed !!!
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16648 posts
1674 upvotes
GTA West
ImanAM wrote:
Mar 31st, 2017 3:41 pm
Hi everybody,

Has anyone gone through the experience processing recently? My experience record forwarded to PEO for processing in the middle of November 2016. I asked them to give me update after 14 weeks in the middle of February. I have been told they are experiencing a delay in the normal processing due to staffing issue and assessment may take 16 weeks. But 18 weeks has been passed and I haven't heard back from PEO. How long should I wait?? Even a peer-reviewed paper in ISI does not take that much time to be reviewed !!!
I suspect they just have a big backlog. They sent out a job posting for an immediate opening for a registration officer about 2 months ago. TBH I do not envy the people who have that job. It must be quite tedious.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Mar 31, 2017
3 posts
Anyone who has submitted their P Eng. application in Dec 2016? As per PEO website, the estimated review period is 6 -10 weeks. I emailed them after week 14 and got reply saying it will be delayed - week 16 or more. I don't understand why PEO takes such long time to review? Their reason for delay is short staff - but they have collected the fees for review; I believe they should provide service as promise if they need to hire more people to review; so be it. PEO is not showing professionalism in its service yet enforcing professionalism. I am very disappointed with their service.
Mar 31, 2017
3 posts
I got the same reply. I have submitted mine in early December 2016. Probably it is going to take way longer than expected.
Mar 3, 2016
53 posts
3 upvotes
Hi folks,

I got an ERC interview call after around 10 months of submitting application, applied in June'2016 and got interview done in march'2017. However i have a different question... want to know if we can complain about the offensive / hateful attitude of a panel member. I did'nt have a good ERC interview because of the reason mentioned. Any good suggestion / feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Mar 31, 2017
3 posts
I heard PEO takes 4-5 months for review. it seems like you are at 4 1/2 months; did u hear anything from them?
Apr 9, 2017
10 posts
3 upvotes
my file was submitted for final ERC review in last week of Nov, 2016. Still waiting......
Feb 14, 2017
15 posts
3 upvotes
I have done B.Eng and M.Eng in a CEAB university. I was informed in Jan 2017 that my file has been sent to licensing department for final review. It will take 14 - 16 weeks to process it. So far, I have not received any mail regarding my file. What would be benefits of M.Eng degree in licensing process. Would it be okay to call one of the representative directly to follow up?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16648 posts
1674 upvotes
GTA West
Harry001in wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 2:21 pm
I have done B.Eng and M.Eng in a CEAB university. I was informed in Jan 2017 that my file has been sent to licensing department for final review. It will take 14 - 16 weeks to process it. So far, I have not received any mail regarding my file. What would be benefits of M.Eng degree in licensing process. Would it be okay to call one of the representative directly to follow up?
No. They are probably drowning in Experience Records and poking them won't help anything.
- Casual Gastronomist -
Feb 14, 2017
15 posts
3 upvotes
What would be benefits of M.Eng degree in licensing process? I heard they consider around 6 months for M.Eng degree in overall experience requirement.

Also, how do they decide which candidates are considered for an ERC interview?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16648 posts
1674 upvotes
GTA West
Harry001in wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 3:47 pm
What would be benefits of M.Eng degree in licensing process? I heard they consider around 6 months for M.Eng degree in overall experience requirement.

Also, how do they decide which candidates are considered for an ERC interview?
Having your Masters Degree counts as 1 year toward your 4 years of engineering experience requirements for P.Eng.
I don't know how they really determine who gets ERC interview. Bottom line is to make your experience record very easy for them to parse and digest as I described earlier in this thread.
- Casual Gastronomist -
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel