Careers

PEO Review Time

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2017 4:49 pm
Jul 9, 2017
7 posts
8 upvotes
Just paid my fees online as well! Can finally add a few more letters after my name.

Feb 2 sent confirmation of completed referrals
Feb 12 sent email inquiring about status
Feb 14 received email that file has been submitted for review
July 18 received email asking for some more information about experience (submitted an additional 2 paragraphs, very brief)
August 12 submitted Fees

Good luck everyone. Hopefully PEO will start getting caught up on their backlog.
Aug 14, 2017
1 posts
2 upvotes
Just for information who following the thead
Jan 30 - Submitted Experience Record
Feb 17 - all referee forms sent back
Mar 03 Sent for final review
Aug 11- Fees showed up online after 23 weeks
Aug 13 - submitted fee
Good Luck Everone
Aug 9, 2010
302 posts
121 upvotes
I was asked to submit additional info as well. Based on their email my approval appears to all come down to it. Lets hope what I gave them is enough to convince them. Fingers crossed...
Aug 20, 2017
1 posts
Nemrod, I hope all goes well for you. If you don't mind me asking, when was your experience record sent for review?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
2985 posts
226 upvotes
Mississauga
SirWallington wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 1:15 pm
I was just asked to submit additional info. Blerg.
Nemrod wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 4:09 pm
I was asked to submit additional info as well. Based on their email my approval appears to all come down to it. Lets hope what I gave them is enough to convince them. Fingers crossed...
can you describe what additional info PEO is asking for?
its been about 3-4 years since I got my P.Eng and i've been curious what the current state of affairs is like with the review+approval process.
Aug 9, 2010
302 posts
121 upvotes
My report has been sent for final assessment after I provided the info.

They were concerned that in my area of work there was little opportunity to apply "engineering design, or design modifications, or problem solving that require engineering analysis/calculations", which isn't true. I suppose I just didn't put enough emphasis on it.
Jun 26, 2017
7 posts
4 upvotes
That is essentially what they said to me as well (also not true in my case) and asked for more specific examples of what I contributed instead of what the "team" contributed (I looked all through my application to see if I had ever referred to work done by my group instead of specifically myself, and could not find anything). I wrote an extra 3 pages of very specific examples of my work. I had used two of my co-workers applications from 2-3 years ago as a baseline for my application and neither had really included the type of very specific information they are now asking for.

Mine has also been passed on for final assessment. Not that I have any idea what that means... It's been 6 months so I'm hoping this means I get an answer soon.
Jun 24, 2016
2 posts
1 upvote
Ohmare_Q wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 10:21 am
I understand where you're coming from but in this instance I don't think it's worth it. All you'll be doing is investing more of your time to push an organization that is very obviously overwhelmed already. We just need to sit back, relax and wait unfortunately :(

I think everyone should send a note to Office of the Fairness Commissioner, his is job is to ensure, PEO process application in timely manner. ofc@ontario.ca
Jun 24, 2016
2 posts
1 upvote
SirWallington wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 2:26 pm
Have you sent them an email? I'm curious what their response was
They haven't replied yet, but please send a note. This is good for all of us. you do not need to send a detailed email just mention the issue