Careers

PEO Review Time

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 7:50 am
Sep 19, 2015
18 posts
2 upvotes
Got my fees and license today.Woo. How do I choose to get my certificate by mail?

My timeline was quite short compared to many.

I mailed my application mid December, reference mid January, p.eng today.
Jul 20, 2010
24 posts
1 upvote
Congratulations!

I have submitted mine by the end of Jan. Hopefully I will get my in another month.
Sep 19, 2015
18 posts
2 upvotes
So ceremony or no ceremony to get my certificate? Is it worth going to the ceremony? Or just get it by mail?
Jun 24, 2016
20 posts
6 upvotes
If you want ceremony you have to wait around 2-3 month and they will give you a free frame. Otherwise you can get in the mail around 1 month I got mine in the mail then I bought a fancy frame for 25$ which is way better than PEO's
Jul 20, 2010
24 posts
1 upvote
Thank you Hashem31us. I was told that my application will be forward to the Deputy Registrar in April. So what's gonna happen after the final approval?
Jun 24, 2016
20 posts
6 upvotes
Watch for fee posted on mid Apr, when they show up, pay and became a P.Eng
Sep 19, 2015
18 posts
2 upvotes
Do I have to contact someone to receive my certificate and seal? My own chapter?
May 23, 2016
2 posts
1 upvote
I was following this forum during my experience record submission and review phase and found it very helpful. Thanks to those who have posted. I thought I would contribute my timeline once I got my P.Eng for those who it may help. Let me know if you have any questions.
After being an EIT since graduating 2011 and completing my PPE shortly after graduating, I gained ~4.5 years of engineering experience (2 roles). Filled out my experience record...
Jan 3 - Submitted my experience Record (using their form) including Referees.
Feb 12 - E-mail received asking for clarification on how I used engineering principles in actual work examples.
Feb 14 - Replied to above, including some calculations.
Feb 15 - Application "forwarded to the deputy registrar for final review" & I would be notified by the end of March .
Mar 16 - Fee updated in member portal. Fee paid and status changed to P.Eng.
Approx. 10 weeks overall.
Mar 19, 2018
3 posts
Hi mattboyle06,

I have a question to ask if you don't mind.
My PEng Registration fee was posted in early March, however I did not receive a mail/email notification till today.
Did you get a notification after Feb 15 ("forwarded to the deputy registrar for final review") from PEO?
or do I suppose just pay the fee once it is posted?
Many thanks in advance !!
Feb 28, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
How I can choose to send the certificate and the seal by mail.? there is no such option on my portal?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17977 posts
2653 upvotes
GTA West
Hammourabi wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 10:26 pm
How I can choose to send the certificate and the seal by mail.? there is no such option on my portal?
The seal automatically comes by mail when you pay the fees.
You'll get a separate invitation to the P.Eng ceremony and in that invitation you can choose to receive the certificate by mail.
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Feb 28, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 11:18 pm
The seal automatically comes by mail when you pay the fees.
You'll get a separate invitation to the P.Eng ceremony and in that invitation you can choose to receive the certificate by mail.
Thanks Jucius Maximus
Mar 20, 2018
4 posts
How many "Final Review Stage" are there ? and who is it done by ? I got an email saying my application has entered the final review stage & that my license application was forwarded to our licensure department), takes +/- 6 weeks. They did not say who is doing the final review. Would it be the deputy registrar ? or are there stages before that ?

Many thanks,
Feb 28, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
44Andy wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 10:58 am
How many "Final Review Stage" are there ? and who is it done by ? I got an email saying my application has entered the final review stage & that my license application was forwarded to our licensure department), takes +/- 6 weeks. They did not say who is doing the final review. Would it be the deputy registrar ? or are there stages before that ?

Many thanks,

Check the previous page
Nov 3, 2016
29 posts
1 upvote
I know its an inappropriate question in this forum but couldn't find a suitable one:

What kind of a salary increase can an Electrical EIT expect after getting P.Eng in that year? I am working for consulting engineering firm.