Computers & Electronics

Locked: Are people interested at all in buying lifetime VPN accounts?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2012 12:31 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
2610 posts
649 upvotes
London

Are people interested at all in buying lifetime VPN accounts?

I want to know the demand for people wanting to buy VPN accouns, I can sell some of my own lifetime accounts since I get 5 of them of a well know provider called nvpn, here's more info and please post your thoughts of this, also when I sayids time I mean it expires in 2099 an are dedicated accounts, and can be switched from current country to 1 time only a country of your choosing.

More info:
http://nvpn.net/

Picture of the website with some info:

Share:
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
7007 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto
Naw, in my experience lifetime doesn't last more than 10 years.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2005
3827 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
xalex0 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 10:08 pm
Naw, in my experience lifetime doesn't last more than 10 years.
Someone I know bought lifetime to Megaupload.......money down the drain.
I got.....nothing to say.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2714 posts
301 upvotes
Once you've paid them upfront for a lifetime license, they have no incentive to actually provide you with any service.

At that point, they may as well take the money and run. You'd have to be pretty confident about the company.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
7007 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto
OP, you should post the asking price. Otherwise, the offer is too vague.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
19912 posts
1708 upvotes
I would be weary of changes to their service policies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
2610 posts
649 upvotes
London
xalex0 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 10:19 pm
OP, you should post the asking price. Otherwise, the offer is too vague.
Didn't want to be bitched at by people saying "this isn't a selling thread" lol. Anyways 1 year of these accounts go for $60 so I would be selling each $100, I am going to post pictures of the account when I get home so people can see what the setup is like and all. Also the software I use to turn on the VPN is OpenVPN. This program is great because I can turn on my UK VPN service with a click of a button, without having to type in the password and user every time.

I might go lower depending on the demand, I really don't know what do with 5 of them...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
7007 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto
Well, is this not a selling thread?
Oct 22, 2012
596 posts
50 upvotes
Sejad wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 10:39 pm
Didn't want to be bitched at by people saying "this isn't a selling thread" lol. Anyways 1 year of these accounts go for $60 so I would be selling each $100, I am going to post pictures of the account when I get home so people can see what the setup is like and all. Also the software I use to turn on the VPN is OpenVPN. This program is great because I can turn on my UK VPN service with a click of a button, without having to type in the password and user every time.

I might go lower depending on the demand, I really don't know what do with 5 of them...
hmm, so you bought those accounts, 5 of them, for 60 just a year ago and you are now trying to flip it to us at a $100? Nice business, I jelly. I suppose they are worth it if you like the service and will continuously use it for the next 16 months.

On the other hand, I will never get these "lifetime" accounts. They are never lifetime, at least not how you would like them to be over the lifetime anway. They might change terms (forced by government/laws etc) and render your account useless. Or, they can just pack up and leave. I'd rather pay by month, and run whenever things get fishy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
2610 posts
649 upvotes
London
kennyopti wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 11:37 pm
hmm, so you bought those accounts, 5 of them, for 60 just a year ago and you are now trying to flip it to us at a $100? Nice business, I jelly. I suppose they are worth it if you like the service and will continuously use it for the next 16 months.

On the other hand, I will never get these "lifetime" accounts. They are never lifetime, at least not how you would like them to be over the lifetime anway. They might change terms (forced by government/laws etc) and render your account useless. Or, they can just pack up and leave. I'd rather pay by month, and run whenever things get fishy.

No I did NOT buy them for $60 is was way more then that at the time when I purchased them and even more now and what if I was trying to make some money off them is there anything wrong with that?

Anyways here are some pictures of the accounts and proof:

Account INFO:

Server Switch:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
7007 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto
Why did you buy 5 of them if you are selling them at a loss now?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
2610 posts
649 upvotes
London
Actually sorry to correct my self I got 6, they had 6 main servers around the world and instead of having to buy each individually you get all 6 for the price of 1x6 lifetime accounts......now they have 16 of total servers around the world but the prices are too much now for 16 lifetime.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1072 posts
137 upvotes
I purchased a lifetime Gym Membership. Two months later they closed the Richmond Branch and told me I could still use the Surrey Location. After that no more Lifetime Memberships.
× < >