Students

people who transferred out of uoft, did your mark improve? am I dilusional?

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2015 10:47 am
Dec 13, 2013
9 posts
4 upvotes

people who transferred out of uoft, did your mark improve? am I dilusional?

WHere did you go and did it make a difference?
13 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
2015 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Yup, went to York. Didn't look back!
"The beatings will continue until morale improves". :twisted:

"There are those who make things happen. Those who watch things happen. And finally those who sit and wonder what the 'hell' happened!"
Sep 29, 2014
231 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I know someone who failed out of U of T, switched to York for the same program and got a 3.8.

No, you are not delusional.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2008
2095 posts
129 upvotes
North York
When you guys transferred out did your transcript show your course and grades from UofT? Or do you only see the courses you took at York? What about the courses that York will recognize?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
jacobe wrote: When you guys transferred out did your transcript show your course and grades from UofT? Or do you only see the courses you took at York? What about the courses that York will recognize?
if you transfer to a school, credits will show on the new York Transcript as a TC - no gpa - ... you will only be given transfer credits for courses that match up + you have met the grade cutoff for, so a D- doesnt just turn into a TC automatically lol
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2008
2095 posts
129 upvotes
North York
Financials wrote: if you transfer to a school, credits will show on the new York Transcript as a TC - no gpa - ... you will only be given transfer credits for courses that match up + you have met the grade cutoff for, so a D- doesnt just turn into a TC automatically lol
Thanked. I see so I guess in a sense, those who transfer school can have like a fresh start if their full transcript of all schools attended isn't asked for by their grad school program.
Sep 29, 2014
231 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jacobe wrote: Thanked. I see so I guess in a sense, those who transfer school can have like a fresh start if their full transcript of all schools attended isn't asked for by their grad school program.
Graduate and professional schools always ask for complete transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3634 posts
65 upvotes
Eragon wrote: I know someone who failed out of U of T, switched to York for the same program and got a 3.8.

No, you are not delusional.
3.8 = D+ on the York scale with bonus Academic Warning
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
jacobe wrote: Thanked. I see so I guess in a sense, those who transfer school can have like a fresh start if their full transcript of all schools attended isn't asked for by their grad school program.
if you have a few TCs, they wont care.

If you have 25% + TCs, they will ask to see transcripts to look at grades of those courses, i presume.
Sep 29, 2014
231 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ElChico wrote: 3.8 = D+ on the York scale with bonus Academic Warning
8.0/9 which is converted to a 3.8/ 4.0.
May 5, 2015
3 posts
Brother finished 4 years of Life Sciences in U OF T and went to Ryerson, Hes on the deans Honor roll and top 5 in the university. Sums it up UofT just wants money.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2008
2095 posts
129 upvotes
North York
xoblackout wrote: I transferred from U of Waterloo to UofT, St George Campus. Yes, you get a fresh start. My credits at Waterloo counted but the grades do not show up in my transcript. Also, I assume those who do transfer out of UofT do get higher marks. My marks were higher at Waterloo. I don't think it's necessarily because the school is harder though...it's (in my case at least) because the school is a commuter school and it's so far away so I'm more likely to skip classes etc. On top of that the professors suck. I don't know. I regret transferring to UofT!
Thanked.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Why did you transfer out of Waterloo and what program did you take? Was the quality of the program any different or did you start a new program at U of T? I have always heard of students transferring out of U of T and rarely the other way around.
May 29, 2008
652 posts
502 upvotes
Lol the fact you can't spell delusional may have something to do with your grades