Food & Drink

Pepsi Throwback no longer in Canada (was here in May 2017 - limited time only)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2017 9:45 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19271 posts
1431 upvotes

Pepsi Throwback no longer in Canada (was here in May 2017 - limited time only)

Sept 17, 2017
Whelp, looks like gone again as promised.....only here until summer. Was able to snag 2x 12pks at my local Loblaws (hidden in the back) - stragglers...

May 23, 2017
Confirmed by a few fellow RFDers - Pepsi Throwback is back in Canada for a limited time!

Loblaws has it - others should be getting it next week:
https://www.loblaws.ca/search/149557200 ... ected/true <- link courtesy of LNahid2000

**Previous edit - Confirmed that Pepsi Throwback is no longer available in Canada (it was only available for 8 weeks starting in Oct 2012)**

OP - Jan 14, 2013

Having run out of Pepsi Throwback, I was looking for it this weekend at my local Costco (where I first found it)...I was surprised I couldn't find it at the Costco..

So I decided to go to my local Loblaws (where I also found it before) and couldn't find it anywhere....lastly, I tried my local Walmart but also couldn't find it...

Anyone spot Pepsi Throwback in January in the GTA? Let me know...thanks!
Last edited by ji2o0k on Jan 14th, 2013 8:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
237 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17498 posts
3783 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I haven't seen it for a while... I was kind of PO'd because it's so much better than the regular stuff. I should have stocked up.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19271 posts
1431 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote:
Jan 14th, 2013 9:30 am
I haven't seen it for a while... I was kind of PO'd because it's so much better than the regular stuff. I should have stocked up.
Noooooooo.....say it ain't so my good man!

I will try my local SDM, Metro and PharmaPlus...I was reading in the Hot deals forum that PharmaPlus had a sale recently...this was early Jan...

Need to stock up....otherwise I'll head over to the border to get some...
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9826 posts
887 upvotes
Havo wrote:
Jan 14th, 2013 9:40 am
I don't think it tastes any different than the regular stuff. It's just the can design... kinda like how coke has christmas cans
No, the throw back is made with sugar while regular Pepsi is corn syrup.
Jul 7, 2005
766 posts
77 upvotes
North York
Havo wrote:
Jan 14th, 2013 9:40 am
I don't think it tastes any different than the regular stuff. It's just the can design... kinda like how coke has christmas cans
Soda pop with cane sugar vs high fructose corn syrup('sugar-glucose/fructose' in Canada). There is a difference in taste and it's surprising.
Dec 29, 2001
683 posts
50 upvotes
Kitchener/Waterloo
I have noticed that Pepsi Throwback has disappeared from my local grocery stores. I am disappointed as I really did enjoy Throwback the difference between Corn Syrup and real sugar is amazing.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19271 posts
1431 upvotes
well it looks like Pepsi Throwback was only in Canada for 8 weeks (starting in Oct 2012)....and is gone for now....(confirmed with Pepsi Canada)

Looks like I will have to cross the border and stock up...anyone confirm that it is readily available in Buffalo?
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9826 posts
887 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Jan 16th, 2013 11:29 am
well it looks like Pepsi Throwback was only in Canada for 8 weeks (starting in Oct 2012)....and is gone for now....(confirmed with Pepsi Canada)

Looks like I will have to cross the border and stock up...anyone confirm that it is readily available in Buffalo?
You should be able to find it...

From Pepsi Throwback Wiki page (link):
On March 11, 2011, PepsiCo announced that both Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback would become permanent additions to the Pepsi and Mountain Dew product lines.
I find Target has the best pop selection, but Walmart has better prices. Personally, I've seen Pepsi Throwback at both locations. However, I haven't been there in about 6 months.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19271 posts
1431 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jan 16th, 2013 11:44 am
You should be able to find it...

From Pepsi Throwback Wiki page (link):

I find Target has the best pop selection, but Walmart has better prices. Personally, I've seen Pepsi Throwback at both locations. However, I haven't been there in about 6 months.
Sweet....thx man.....I'll check both, just want the stuff.....lol!
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4874 posts
472 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone in Toronto willing to pick up a case or two of Vanilla Coke for me if they're going down to the states? :D
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19271 posts
1431 upvotes
icemasta wrote:
Jan 16th, 2013 9:03 pm
Anyone in Toronto willing to pick up a case or two of Vanilla Coke for me if they're going down to the states? :D
I will man...though not sure when I will be heading there next...

Should be soon, since I have a few things to pick up and also need to get some Pepsi Throwback...lol...

I'll PM you when I do go....
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2554 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Shouldve bought a pack when I had the chance now I either have to wait for them to bring back(which I highly doubt) or cross the border.

Its the same foe jalapenos cheetoes, it was available at my local sdm three months ago now theyre no where to be found.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4874 posts
472 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote:
Jan 16th, 2013 9:30 pm
I will man...though not sure when I will be heading there next...

Should be soon, since I have a few things to pick up and also need to get some Pepsi Throwback...lol...

I'll PM you when I do go....
Perfect, I'd really appreciate it.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3775 posts
730 upvotes
Sask.
Bummer, we only have a few cans left...