Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London

perfect way to install screen protector

My friend has his IPhone screen protector replaced at Koodo booth and it was perfect, no bubbles. While I always ended up with a few tiny one near the edge but could not get rid of them even using a credit card trying to push them to the edge. Can anyone share their experience? Tia
19 replies
Aug 21, 2011
468 posts
57 upvotes
Take your phone to Koodo and have them do it? Just a thought.
=====================
Phone: OnePlus One.
Plan: 10 GB/$60
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1211 posts
135 upvotes
Markham
I'm assuming this is the dry-install type of screen protector ? If you're getting bubbles, use a little bit of tape to lift up the screen protector and re-apply it. If you're getting dust or lint stuck underneath, use the tape to lift it up and another piece of tape to dab onto the area where the dust or lint is, then re-apply. Or maybe the screen protector isn't cut properly from the mold ? Not sure..

Also, the tape I usually use for this is that white, sort-of transparent tape, not packaging tape or any other type of tape.
Banned
Jun 2, 2009
2738 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
i always make the folks at p mall do it, its always perfect and they don't seem to do anything special but when i do it, bubbles everwhere lol
Idle hands are the devils playthings
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
you just need to make sure the screen is clean and dust free, then your fingers too.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2010
2372 posts
395 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Phone needs to be perfectly clean, and you need a good protector. The cheap ones go on like crap, so you do get what you pay for (to an extent, I would never pay $40+ for a screen protector).

I've been going with the tempered glass ones lately, and I'll never go back. Super easy installation, feels like glass not plastic or orange peel.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3849 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto
There are bubble free screen protector. Spend a bit more but you get good results
Banned
Oct 25, 2013
126 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Don't phones come with Gorilla Glass, which is unscratchable? I have never had a scratched phone screen, screen protectors are such a scam.
Jan 30, 2013
522 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver
Welcot wrote: Don't phones come with Gorilla Glass, which is unscratchable? I have never had a scratched phone screen, screen protectors are such a scam.
This. I have never scratched any of my newer devices. I have stopped using screen protectors. I never liked the feel of them anyways (sweaty hands sometimes).
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2010
2372 posts
395 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Welcot wrote: Don't phones come with Gorilla Glass, which is unscratchable? I have never had a scratched phone screen, screen protectors are such a scam.
Gorilla glass is definitely NOT unscratchable. it's more resistant to breaks, but definitely scratches.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10544 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
Scratch resistant, not scratch proof.
Banned
Jun 2, 2009
2738 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Disagree my screens get scratched from my earrings or whatever is in my purse ..maybe men don't have that issue lol
Idle hands are the devils playthings
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
HeavenLeigh wrote: i always make the folks at p mall do it, its always perfect and they don't seem to do anything special but when i do it, bubbles everwhere lol
+1 they do it so often, it's like nothing to them
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3731 posts
1526 upvotes
Woodbridge
This method works great.

How To: Perfectly Install a Screen Protector - Hi…: http://youtu.be/PMPqDwVZzzM

Works even better if you install it right when you purchase the phone and remove the original screen protector out of the box at the same time.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
211 upvotes
Farm
i have always gone into the bathroom, turned on the shower so it's hot and steamy (gets rid of the dust) and applied the screen protector.

always perfect, rarely any bubbles.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2525 posts
1046 upvotes
Burnaby
i use exclusively tempered glass now. never bubbles
Dec 3, 2013
223 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jvnanu wrote: This method works great.

How To: Perfectly Install a Screen Protector - Hi…: http://youtu.be/PMPqDwVZzzM

Works even better if you install it right when you purchase the phone and remove the original screen protector out of the box at the same time.
+1. We apply a ton of screen protectors for customers and this is the method that I teach my techs. Works like a charm.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)