[OP]
Oct 18, 2013
551 posts
109 upvotes
Brampton
nasa25 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:25 pm
F -Pace

How you liking your XJ man? I'm mad jealous. Was a hell of a treat the week I had an XJ loaner.

The XF has gone downhill luxury wise imo. I had a 2014 xf 3.0 supercharged as a loaner a few years ago and it was mediocre. Couldn't wait to get back into mine.

The XJ though....that's a different story. I wanted to steal it and take a road trip to Mexico.
NASA the XJ is another level man.
I have driven the new s class the new 7
And nothing feels like the xj .
I’m missing it even more now that I have this xf
I wish I had the model you have.
This one is just mediocre.
Lastest and greatest isn’t always a good thing
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15874 posts
4532 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
That's why I love first model years. They throw everything into the car in an attempt to gain market share.

The 2013 base model xf I had for a week was a night and day difference compared to my 09 mid level trim. 09-12 were the best years imo. Luxurious as all f with a beastly 4.2-5L v8 under the bonnet.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
[OP]
Oct 18, 2013
551 posts
109 upvotes
Brampton
alanbrenton wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 7:51 pm
I was reading an article on car and driver about the iPace and some of the comments were around poor reliability.

How do you find your jag's reliability?
Jags Reliability is better than before but I would highly suggest getting one under warranty(NOT CPO)
The regular bumper to bumper warranty.
You’d be surprised how much the cpo doesn’t cover.
The technician who I talked to was telling me recently there was an xj in for repairs and needed some suspension bits the total came to $7000 ...scary
[OP]
Oct 18, 2013
551 posts
109 upvotes
Brampton
nasa25 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:13 pm
That's why I love first model years. They throw everything into the car in an attempt to gain market share.

The 2013 base model xf I had for a week was a night and day difference compared to my 09 mid level trim. 09-12 were the best years imo. Luxurious as all f with a beastly 4.2-5L v8 under the bonnet.
Take this xf give me yours for the time being
What you say?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15874 posts
4532 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Bluemist1967 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:11 pm
NASA the XJ is another level man.
I have driven the new s class the new 7
And nothing feels like the xj .
I’m missing it even more now that I have this xf
I wish I had the model you have.
This one is just mediocre.
Lastest and greatest isn’t always a good thing
Yup i feel your pain. Hopefully the dealership limits the amount of parts they throw at it so you can get it back sooner.

And your right....latest and greatest isn't always best. I hate the headlights on my 09 and the nav system is pure garbage but other than that I LOVE it. The v8 and super luxurious interior make up for the small downfalls.
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
[OP]
Oct 18, 2013
551 posts
109 upvotes
Brampton
Badman wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:06 pm
I found the previous generation was a better car overall other than the outdated entertainment system. New one tries too much to be a sport sedan(which it does quite well) that it forgets that it needs to also be a luxury car for the price they charge. It felt like all the development money just went to the handling and suspension. Engine is okay but feels outdated and the Germans give better output.

Last is the interior. This is the biggest letdown of the car. IMO it feels lower grade than even the compact luxury segment(3 series, a4, c class etc). Interior quality is far to similar to the cheaper XE and overall design is too close to justify the price premium. Even the XE trails behind in interior quality compared to its competitors it’s not unreasonable for that segment especially if your main focus is handling.

For the segment right now it’s really between the 5 series or e class and the Volvo s90 if you want to try something different.

You’re spot on, it’s a sport sedan does that really well.
But needs luxury too. Doesn’t do any good in that class.
Honestly feels as low as a 328i but this has some decent additions because the one I have is top of the line. Like soft close doors and stuff of that level
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15874 posts
4532 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Bluemist1967 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:15 pm
Take this xf give me yours for the time being
What you say?
Lol well maybe if you can hook a brother up with the XJ for a day somewhere down the line
Firebolt wrote:
Mar 9, 2009
485 posts
108 upvotes
tehwegz wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:16 pm
May be Tata, but Jags still use Ford stuff. 2.0l turbo in the little Evoque/Discovery/Jag XE are ecoboost. The AWD system by GKN that they put in the Focus RS is being used in those as well, albeit, calibrated differently and with no "Drift Mode".
The 2018 models are supposed to get the new 'Ingenium' 2.0T engines that are designed in-house.
They come in 250hp and 300hp flavors
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15874 posts
4532 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
ap27 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:32 am
The 2018 models are supposed to get the new 'Ingenium' 2.0T engines that are designed in-house.
They come in 250hp and 300hp flavors
Nothing beats mashing the pedal of a v8 beast.

Nothing.

It's a pedal mash, followed by a 1.8-2.2 second delay of the engine wondering wtf is going on followed by the feeling of being blasted into space like you're on a rocket ship
Firebolt wrote:
[OP]
Oct 18, 2013
551 posts
109 upvotes
Brampton
nasa25 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 3:04 pm
Nothing beats mashing the pedal of a v8 beast.

Nothing.

It's a pedal mash, followed by a 1.8-2.2 second delay of the engine wondering wtf is going on followed by the feeling of being blasted into space like you're on a rocket ship
Those 1.8-2.2 are to brace you for what’s coming.
The only thing I miss with the Xj is a v8 I know the v6 is plenty enough but just something about having a V8
And the sound.oh well can’t have everything
[OP]
Oct 18, 2013
551 posts
109 upvotes
Brampton
BTW GUYS,

Please don’t buy a service loaner or a rental car if you care about your cars.
This XF only has 7000
And the rotors are already cooked.
I mean the steering dances basically when stopping from decent speeds. I don’t think saving a few thousand is worth buying a car that has been abused to this extent. Please shy away from loaners