• Nov 3rd, 2017 10:41 am
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 15, 2015
14 posts
1 upvote
Markham, ON

Pet Cuddling

I've been wondering about this for a number of years. My dog is quite clingy. When we first got her, she managed to worm her way into my bed.

We would cuddle to sleep every night. When she sleeps on my shoulder it feels really nice. Her body weight provided the right amount of pressure for my shoulder.

Similarly, sometimes when I am sitting on the sofa she would sleep on my thighs. Again her weigh provide the right amount of pressure for my body. It feels really nice.

I wonder if my dog has magic healing power or if other people have experience this with their dog.

She is also very nice to hug especially during cold days. She's a dog so she's hairy.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4728 posts
2307 upvotes
Edmonton
Poppwl wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 3:10 am
I've been wondering about this for a number of years. My dog is quite clingy. When we first got her, she managed to worm her way into my bed.

We would cuddle to sleep every night. When she sleeps on my shoulder it feels really nice. Her body weight provided the right amount of pressure for my shoulder.

Similarly, sometimes when I am sitting on the sofa she would sleep on my thighs. Again her weigh provide the right amount of pressure for my body. It feels really nice.

I wonder if my dog has magic healing power or if other people have experience this with their dog.

She is also very nice to hug especially during cold days. She's a dog so she's hairy.
We have one dog who has no concept of "personal space". He'll use you as furniture any time he can.

We have another dog who is quite content to sit by himself on a dog bed. But when we let them up on our bed to start relaxing for the evening, both of them are typically either between my legs (sounds dirty, but trust me, it's not) or leaning against one of us in some way. They like to be close. But they both go down to their kennel for sleeping. I assume they sleep close together... There's been some talk about what we'll do when the older one passes away, and whether we'll let the younger dog sleep in the bed with us. I'm not a fan, my GF thinks we should let him. He's the "no personal space" dog.

And the dogs do seem to be sensitive to our moods... If one of us is upset for some reason, the younger one in particular is even more likely to cuddle closer. Don't know if it helps, but it's all he can do. :)

C
May 12, 2009
683 posts
256 upvotes
You sound like a great pet companion.
Sep 12, 2012
323 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
Poppwl wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 3:10 am

Are you serious?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18460 posts
3601 upvotes
Thornhill
One cat likes her personal space, but does come to me to 'knead', but thats at 4am in the morning. Other that this, she dislikes being held, and patted for long periods (over 10 seconds).

Her brother, loves to get into your personal space, hes my alarm clock. 7am every day belly flops onto my neck and starts squirming on my face. The rest of the day he likes to be around your feet, jump onto you and roll over.
[OP]
Aug 15, 2015
14 posts
1 upvote
Markham, ON
hamandcheese wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 9:42 am
Are you serious?
You have to experience my dog in order to know what I am talking about.

Some dogs is like "get away from me". My dog is not too heavy and not too light. Her size in comparison to mine is also just right. With her, you won't get into the situation of "you are cutting off my circulation".