Off Topic Archive

Locked: Pet overpopulation. Should we start eating (more) dog/cat in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2006 11:26 am
Tags:
None

Poll: Should Canadians increase their consumption of dog?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Aug 19, 2004
969 posts
4 upvotes
Cough wrote:[IMG]http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/dog-meat-01_small.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/dog-meat-02_small.jpg[/IMG]

Seriously, if you ever contemplate eating dog or think it is acceptable, look at the sad pictures on this site
Its ironic though because people value dogs for their intelligence when in some studies it has been shown that pigs are actually more intelligent. Nobody ever cries for the pigs :mad:
Nov 14, 2004
816 posts
172 upvotes
Yeah because eating dogs and cats is going to rid us of animal overpopulation...

I hope this thread was posted as a joke.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24252 posts
1512 upvotes
Markham, ON
KsprayDad wrote:Why are you riding my a$$. The question is properly worded given what Wiki says..if you have a problem with Wiki, I encourage you to become an editor there and to stop parsing. If you don't like the wording of the question, please start your own poll with whatever wording you wish.
since im been requested in the past to quote my sources...you should also do so since it's word for word.

then ppl (like me) can't assume that it's your own comments.

as you can see, im not the only one that's riding your a$$
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2004
4154 posts
128 upvotes
This has to be the most moronic thread I have read in a long time. How do you determine, first that there is an overpopulation of dogs (or cats for that matter). And second, even if so, how does eating the animal figure into a solution..

Its absolutely not viable since it goes against most Canadian's cultural and moral ethics (just as it would if you told the Hindus to solve their stray cow problems by increasing their consumption of beef - in fact here you can throw the big religion curveball as well).

Seriously, what was the point of your pondering again?
Banned
May 23, 2006
57 posts
This has to be the most moronic thread I have read in a long time.
I agree.

I think there is an overpopulation of morons, but human ethics and society does not condone 'Moroncide'.
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2001
17108 posts
678 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
Appalonian wrote:I think there is an overpopulation of morons, but human ethics and society does not condone 'Moroncide'.
then there would be no-one left to post on this forum :(
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2003
6562 posts
244 upvotes
porphyra wrote:This has to be the most moronic thread I have read in a long time. How do you determine, first that there is an overpopulation of dogs (or cats for that matter).
Go to your local SPCA or animal shelter and see for yourself.

I think there should be federally inspected facilities for dog slaughtering. That is the only thing stopping it from happening in canada. You can slaughter and eat dog for your own consumption, but cant sell it because it isn't fedrally inspected.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31082 posts
2675 upvotes
Winnipeg
Nemodigital wrote:Its ironic though because people value dogs for their intelligence when in some studies it has been shown that pigs are actually more intelligent. Nobody ever cries for the pigs :mad:
yep, bunch hypocrites
Nov 14, 2004
816 posts
172 upvotes
Appalonian wrote:I agree.

I think there is an overpopulation of morons, but human ethics and society does not condone 'Moroncide'.
Haha. Delete all the replies after this one at lock the thread. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1805 posts
16 upvotes
its all about the mind set. Its ok to eat rabbit or duck, but because more of the population has a dog or cat as a pet, its not ok? If we as a society didn't "find" human emotion in dogs or cats and treat them as such, then we just be snacking on Odie or Garfield today.
Jesus Saves, GOD Backs-Up

Packin HEAT
Oct 10, 2003
761 posts
MasZakrY wrote:its all about the mind set. Its ok to eat rabbit or duck, but because more of the population has a dog or cat as a pet, its not ok? If we as a society didn't "find" human emotion in dogs or cats and treat them as such, then we just be snacking on Odie or Garfield today.
Ethnocentricism
Herp derp derp derp
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
8 upvotes
Absolutely not! Eating cats or dogs is reprehensible.
So long. I'm outta here.
Aug 19, 2004
969 posts
4 upvotes
d_jedi wrote:Absolutely not! Eating cats or dogs is reprehensible.
See you proved my point exactly. Why is it OK to eat a pig and not a dog? (assuming both are butchered the same way)
May 23, 2005
344 posts
1 upvote
Many years ago, my dad, and another Mountie had to go with food inspectors to this chinese restaurant in Mtl. They saw cat and dog carcasses hanging in the meat freezer. Needless to say, my dad hasnt had any chinese, or anytype of asian food since that day. He won't even let us order in, if he is there. He gets violently ill just smelling it.