Off Topic Archive

Locked: Pet overpopulation. Should we start eating (more) dog/cat in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2006 11:26 am
Tags:
None

Poll: Should Canadians increase their consumption of dog?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Jun 6, 2005
525 posts
Sick ****s.

Call me a hypocrite all you want, you're still sick ****s.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2005
4900 posts
634 upvotes
Most of us already have - just didn't know it- Asian buffets & restaurants.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2005
8840 posts
Vancouver
Capt. Canada wrote:I think it's sick that anyone would consider eating a pet...
What if the dog/cat was not anyones pet and was just raised for consumption?

Under such prerequisites, you WOULD eat a dog/cat?

I mean, a cow, pig or fish can be raised as a pet, but people the world over still love to eat those living beings.
Beans, beans, the magically fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot. The more you toot, the better you feel. So eat your beans at every meal.
Nov 29, 2004
348 posts
44 upvotes
Scarborough
I've eaten dog before in China. I hate to admit, but it actually tasted okay. Thing is, I didn't know I was eating dog, until after I consumed it. :|
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2003
2882 posts
10 upvotes
I would never eat a dog.

They don't have enough meat.

Now a cow or bear is more like it.
evman150 wrote:Sick ****s.

Call me a hypocrite all you want, you're still sick ****s.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
2505 posts
143 upvotes
162 wrote:Most of us already have - just didn't know it- Asian buffets & restaurants.
If you mean here in Canada I would think the 'most' statement is an exaggeration. Perhaps in a specialty restaurant where the owners know the clientele (not just Asian) it might happen...but I don't agree that 'most' of us have eaten dog or cat.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2005
1691 posts
3 upvotes
Lily wrote:I've eaten dog before in China. I hate to admit, but it actually tasted okay. Thing is, I didn't know I was eating dog, until after I consumed it. :|
Can I ask what it tastes like? Mainly because of curiousity since in my whole lifetime I don't think I'll ever eat a dog.
Nov 29, 2004
348 posts
44 upvotes
Scarborough
nsr250 wrote:Can I ask what it tastes like? Mainly because of curiousity since in my whole lifetime I don't think I'll ever eat a dog.
To be honest, it just tasted like normal meat. I have really bad taste buds. Sometimes I can't even tell the difference between pork and beef. Haha. I didn't really know what type of meat it was when I ate it. I assumed it was pork or something similar to that. Chinese people have their way of cooking things. It's the sauce and spices they put in it that makes it good. Same goes for almost any type of food.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2005
3789 posts
43 upvotes
South Orange
Agreed, I tried it when I went to China too.

It tastes like chicken, but a little more tender.
70 upvotes
blah blah blah killed humanely blah blah blah...

how is a cow killed? the little moo moo does not go to sleep and never wakes up. personally i would not eat a dog but for one to say that its disgusting, apprehensible or whatever else, well that's fine but keep in mind ur speaking out of cultural bias.
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1103 posts
You beat fresh fish to death and that is not very humane, why not other animals?
:)