• Apr 30th, 2013 9:26 am
Tags:
None
Mar 26, 2013
424 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto

petitioning? york u

how hard is it to petition to have a mark removed off your transcript? i am in my second year and missed the enrolment date.. what excuses will they accept? i had a death in my family my uncle passed away a couple months before the drop date.. but i cant get a death certificate. is it worth petitioning ?or should i just retake the course?
7 replies
Aug 30, 2011
448 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga
for first year course, petition is granted easily. usually only letter of explanation is enough. 2nd year and up they won't consider unless documents to prove the reasons are present. However no harm in applying but continue taking courses as if it will be rejected i would say
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2782 posts
664 upvotes
Toronto
Is petitioning to remove a mark the same as retaking a course? Or do you get to keep the credits And have the grade removed?
Apr 22, 2013
465 posts
64 upvotes
127kmph wrote: for first year course, petition is granted easily. usually only letter of explanation is enough. 2nd year and up they won't consider unless documents to prove the reasons are present. However no harm in applying but continue taking courses as if it will be rejected i would say
+1
Apr 22, 2013
465 posts
64 upvotes
blitzforce wrote: Is petitioning to remove a mark the same as retaking a course? Or do you get to keep the credits And have the grade removed?
If you retake a course, the previous course will have a "NCR" (No credit retained) beside it. It will remain on your transcript but your gpa wont take into account that course.
Mar 26, 2013
424 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Financeftw wrote: If you retake a course, the previous course will have a "NCR" (No credit retained) beside it. It will remain on your transcript but your gpa wont take into account that course.
is it worth retaking a course if you get a bad mark? would it make a difference?
Mar 26, 2013
424 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
lovetolearn wrote: is it worth retaking a course if you get a bad mark? would it make a difference?
if you're in second year
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3634 posts
65 upvotes
lovetolearn wrote: is it worth retaking a course if you get a bad mark? would it make a difference?
Depends on what your goals are. For one course in the grand scheme of things, I would say it would not matter.