Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Petro Canada

Petro Canada-Car Wash Card 20% off!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2017 10:17 pm
Sep 1, 2016
89 posts
24 upvotes
I had the same excitement until i opened the thread :(
Jul 22, 2009
144 posts
26 upvotes
I assume you can redeem 48,000 petro points for this?
Or can we can get 20% off the regular 50,000 points needed to redeem this? Making it 40,000, anyone tried?
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1838 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Was exciting until found out it's Car Wash Card...thought it's petro Canada gas card...
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: Without the discount you would still get the 6th free car wash so doing the math it comes out to $10 per wash instead of the $8 with the 20%. So you are saving $2 but still paying $8.

With the seasons pass if you get 2 more people to split the pass with you, it will end up costing you around $2.50 per wash. This is just slightly more than the price difference from the above math. Don't be fooled into pay $8 when you can pay $2.50.

This method yields a 32% savings and with 30 washes. The only drawback to this method is that you need to force yourself to wash your car every 3 days and manage the account with 2 other people. Still worth it.

Edit: If you split the season pass with 20 people it still comes out to $2.50 per wash. I mentioned three days because I own two cars and so 3 days would be washing each car once every 6 days (almost a week) so it works out. Even for someone owning one car 3 days might be too much but in the winter it helps.
This is great "theory" but it's nonsense in reality. At one place I worked at someone gave a supervisor a wash pass as a Christmas present--it was a pretty pricey present but apparently he bought it for himself but then he got some sort of better deal at a hand washing/detailing place somehow (I think through a friend that worked at one) and so he just gave it away.

Anyway the person he gave it to wasn't all that keen on car care or anything and though it was appreciated due to the value, she didn't really care much for it otherwise. So, she just shared it around the office instead...and there were still only like 4-5 people that even cared to use it at that lol.

But then the problem came in when people would just hang on to the pass for like a week or two at a time...just to use it one time. I was able to use it a couple times but only got about 3-4 free washes out of it over the 90 days. You basically had to harass people to give it to you, most of the time you'd have to wait a few days because they "forgot it at home", in their gym bag, etc. or they'd give it to you after work and they'd leave and not remember... And it was clear they weren't using it on their cars as there wasn't always "one clean car" in the parking lot or anything. So basically it never got used much and Petro definitely made their money on that card, lol.

I suppose if people actually put cash into it, they'd take it a lot more seriously and make sure people were rotating it on a daily basis or whatever. But the realities are:
-You're not going to find 20 people (or even 6) in most workplaces that are even interested in doing this (vast majority of people don't even care about car care very much, even automatic washing)
-Trying to share it around is awkward, stupid, and just a real PITA
-Just doesn't work out very well in practice

The Shell cards have the advantage of having the app and no need to share the physical card but from what I hear the app doesn't work so well and if you're at the wash and the app doesn't work and there's a line behind you? Uh good luck getting out of those situations because the washes without an "escape road"? You're going to have to get like 5+ people in the line to reverse to let you out and there's lots of people that are not only going to be unhappy/unwilling there's actually clowns on the road that are not capable of properly reversing around curves, etc. Of course perhaps you can go inside and have the attendant figure it out and let you into the wash but this again more headaches/hassles.

Anyway even if you could get a few people to do it...I still wouldn't do it, I'd much rather just buy a wash card with a few washes on it. One because overuse of touchless washes is not good for your paint--once in a while is okay but every few days is a pretty bad idea. Two, I'd rather hand wash/detail because it comes out much better and I'm a bit more serious about it than most people.

Working out these percentages and dollars per wash on paper based on sharing the pass might be sunshine and lollipops...on paper...but in practice it's just silly nonsense where even if there are savings, it's not really worth the hassle over 3 months when you could just buy a pre-loaded card like this one for $50 and not be bothered with all those headaches.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2005
1393 posts
67 upvotes
London
ES_Revenge wrote: The Shell cards have the advantage of having the app and no need to share the physical card but from what I hear the app doesn't work so well and if you're at the wash and the app doesn't work and there's a line behind you? Uh good luck getting out of those situations because the washes without an "escape road"?
Shell's Bluetooth can be flakey at from time to time, but it only takes about 5 seconds - two clicks - to generate a keypad passcode if there's a problem. I'm in a group of 3 and we all love it.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3870 posts
1461 upvotes
Toronto
Is the deal valid for petro points as well, or cash purchase only?
Oct 13, 2015
410 posts
37 upvotes
Cyberspace
I'm confused. Is this a hot deal or not? I saw the promotion, but wasn't sure if the price is right. I mean, it is cheaper than regular price, no doubt, but I have a few washes left on my card and I'm wondering if this is necessary or if I can pass and wait for a better deal.
wmahmud wrote: Is the deal valid for petro points as well, or cash purchase only?
Just checked, this deal is only valid for cash/credit card purchase only. You don't need to get a new card. The top-up options online is reflecting the price drop for 5 units of car wash as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3799 posts
1991 upvotes
Mississauga
With the line ups at Petro car washes .. I dont know if its worth it.
Feb 12, 2016
197 posts
134 upvotes
iHappy wrote: Just checked, this deal is only valid for cash/credit card purchase only. You don't need to get a new card. The top-up options online is reflecting the price drop for 5 units of car wash as well.
But do you get the free wash on top when you reload? If not I would rather buy another card then add it to my Petro points in order to get the extra free wash.
Oct 13, 2015
410 posts
37 upvotes
Cyberspace
NoWayHosEH wrote: But do you get the free wash on top when you reload? If not I would rather buy another card then add it to my Petro points in order to get the extra free wash.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think the additional car wash only applies when you register a new card. So if you just top up 5 units with an existing card, you will not get the bonus car wash.

I believe also that each account can only have a limited amount of car wash cards although I cannot remember what the limit is. I personally don't enjoy having to carry multiple cards so I'd rather forgo the free car wash in favour of convenience, but this option may not be for everyone.
Feb 11, 2017
175 posts
56 upvotes
Hello guys,

I was Perto Canada seasonal pass guy with 7 members in the team from Office, I had a hard time why?
1) There is no good Petro Canada touch less wash near anywhere in GTA, you need to drive 15 km or above to get it done, still I sacrificed, then I noticed 30Mins -40mins queue in those gas station why? they have only 2 gas station in good condition in a range of 25km in GTA. Also during their wash feels like its delivering from pepper grinder or salt grinder, less water, less soap, and whatever else and you come out with a soapy car.
2) Its hard to transfer the card between 7 members.

I was waiting for sh*** to introduce wash card , when I noticed they have started season pass I wanted to try, I worked with developer lead to make better app, now I'm 200% satisfied

I have a sH*** wash near 5-8 KM with outstanding performance, they developed an APP in android and IOS so that you don't have to share the card anymore, yes your phone require Bluetooth technology (BLE) if not, still a Bluetooth phone works.

Also when you renew the card you will get additional 5-6 days wash from them.

I would request anyone to try this and give me a thumps up if you like my suggestion.