Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Petro Canada

Petro Canada Car Wash Season Pass ($199 this year, up from $179 from last year) 5 Extra Days

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2017 11:00 am
Dec 10, 2013
96 posts
24 upvotes
DOLLARD-DES-ORMEAUX
vkizzle wrote:

Automated cloth washes are cleaned out once every "NEVER".

That's not true. Petro Canada licensing requires the owner of the Petro Canada franchise to hire a maintenance guy to do the daily cleaning and general maintenance of the machine.

And the clothes are replaced every year.

Source: I worked in the car wash industry, and Petro Canada was one of my biggest customers.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
As someone mentioned here thst I didn't know Shell also has this similar monthly pass which works out better for me because Petro with car washes are very far and Shell would be closer.

Wonder why Esso doesn't have this? Thats the closest to my house
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
I washed my car at Warden and Steeles petro a few days ago and the wash left a ton of residue on my car which I've never seen before. It was like a film of soap or grime, which left my car windows pretty much at 75% visibility and I had to wash it by hand again today.

Don't know if it's a one time thing.

Besides that, I renewed my car wash pass for the winter again, split with 6 others. Good deal if you can find a group regardless to keep your car as salt-free as possible during the winter.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
fromage1 wrote:
vkizzle wrote:

That's not true. Petro Canada licensing requires the owner of the Petro Canada franchise to hire a maintenance guy to do the daily cleaning and general maintenance of the machine.

Source: I worked in the car wash industry, and Petro Canada was one of my biggest customers.
Daily cleaning? Lol
Replace clothes every year? Lol
What about the poor sucker that goes in after a vehicle that had a mud bath?
Dec 10, 2013
96 posts
24 upvotes
DOLLARD-DES-ORMEAUX
vkizzle wrote:
fromage1 wrote:
vkizzle wrote:

Daily cleaning? Lol
Yes daily cleaning.

Yes the clothes are replaced every year, and they're replaced by new superfoam.

The car washes have a wet down system, it auto cleans the clothes or foams, and debris is not supposed to cling to it.

Of course it is possible that debris does cling to it, but it is unlikely.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
fromage1 wrote:
vkizzle wrote:
fromage1 wrote:

Daily cleaning? Lol
Yes daily cleaning.

The car washes have a wet down system, it auto cleans the clothes or foams, and debris is not supposed to cling to it.

Gotcha, but no amount of self cleaning will get rid of dirt and debris trapped in the clothes.
Dec 10, 2013
96 posts
24 upvotes
DOLLARD-DES-ORMEAUX
vkizzle wrote:
fromage1 wrote:
vkizzle wrote:

Daily cleaning? Lol
Yes daily cleaning.

Gotcha, but no amount of self cleaning will get rid of dirt and debris trapped in the clothes.
in the clothes, no, i'll concede that. but the foams don't retain water or debris.

besides you're in Ottawa, I personally know the maintenance guys for the petro canada car washes there, they're great guys and do good work with the tools they have.

the old sunoco touchless machines they have, those are scary, and are much more harmful for your car considering the amount of times the wash arm swings into a car.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
fromage1 wrote:
vkizzle wrote:
fromage1 wrote:

Daily cleaning? Lol
Yes daily cleaning.

Let me doubt that dirt/grim does not stick to cloths after a wash... Like vkizzle said, what if you go into the car wash after one who had a mudbath? no thanks for wash scratches / spider webs on my car... ;) touchless is the way to go if you want an automated wash IMHO, or the coin wash with a pressure washer is the best
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1554 posts
834 upvotes
Calgary, AB
AJBurns wrote: Wow, here I am someone who only washes their Car twice per winter usually in Nothern Ontario....salt mainly and not sand area though.

Never had any rust problems on both cars after many years.....but I do make sure to get Krown sprayed every summer.

Anyone look into the benefits of washing more? I just thought the roads were so dirty by the time I went down the road again it looks just as dirty.

That said, I don't think this deal is cheap enough for me....but if the right price came along, I'd start washing it weekly. Can't see the harm, just like saving the money.
I am in the same confused state as you, rarely washed vehicles through Albertan winters, my car is now eight years old with no rust.
Oct 10, 2012
275 posts
148 upvotes
I just wish you could have a couple of cards on the same account so I could just keep one in each car.
Dec 1, 2013
146 posts
112 upvotes
Do either Shell or Esso offer a similar product? Petro is not convenient for me at all.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
I would do this if there was a PC car was somewhere in town, There is only 1 that I know of and it's not close to my house.

Weird as Esso has tons of car washes near me.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
AJBurns wrote: Wow, here I am someone who only washes their Car twice per winter usually in Nothern Ontario....salt mainly and not sand area though.

Never had any rust problems on both cars after many years.....but I do make sure to get Krown sprayed every summer.

Anyone look into the benefits of washing more? I just thought the roads were so dirty by the time I went down the road again it looks just as dirty.

That said, I don't think this deal is cheap enough for me....but if the right price came along, I'd start washing it weekly. Can't see the harm, just like saving the money.
My understanding is you either clean the car all the time or not at all and let it cake on.

Well made cars should not easily rust. My car is 8 1/2 years old and only one small rust spot on the door. Never undercoated or sprayed ever.
Oct 21, 2016
313 posts
149 upvotes
What's the deal with black cars? Is it because the swirls/scratches can show more easily?

And what colour is the best in terms of maintenance?
Sep 21, 2008
655 posts
1019 upvotes
Petro Can near me cleans their bay every day at 10:00 p.m. I know because that's about the time I go for my wash, and I often have to wait for them to finish.

vkizzle wrote:
fromage1 wrote:
vkizzle wrote:

Daily cleaning? Lol
Nov 21, 2006
42 posts
14 upvotes
Which system does the best underbody wash?
From what I've seen, Petro-Canada's seems rather weak and you need to get the most premium type of wash to get it.. Ultramar seems to have a better one and it's included in the most basic wash.
Aug 5, 2015
153 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Fort McMurray wrote:

I am in the same confused state as you, rarely washed vehicles through Albertan winters, my car is now eight years old with no rust.
Alberta uses mainly sand, and majority of the roads are not bladed to the asphalt come snow removal, so you are driving on packed snow most of the time. (At least when I was living in Alberta) Thus you see a lot of cracked windshields in Alberta (vs. I barely have seen a cracked windshield in Ontario)
In Southern Ontario, the temperatures are much more milder, and they use salt to melt the snow instead.. the salt rust your car at a much faster rate.

Different driving styles too... people in TO drives like ants during a minor snow storm and speeds while clear ;)
In Alberta, there are too many speed cams and red light cameras to even speed.

Source: From a person who lived in Alberta & currently in Ontario
Oct 31, 2013
705 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
Dealfan6 wrote: Do either Shell or Esso offer a similar product? Petro is not convenient for me at all.
They do. Shell also has a 90 days pass but it gets active once you buy it. As far as I understand.

I am also looking for a different options than petro Canada. It is not convenient for me either
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Mar 6, 2008
456 posts
197 upvotes
Ottawa
Going to go with the Shell pass, which is $20 cheaper.

I had the Petro pass one year, and the wait times were horrendous. Even at midnight, there was, on average, at least a 30 minute wait.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
buriboi wrote: Petro Can near me cleans their bay every day at 10:00 p.m. I know because that's about the time I go for my wash, and I often have to wait for them to finish.

vkizzle wrote:
fromage1 wrote:

Daily cleaning? Lol
I don't use the cloth wash, but good to know some cleaing and maintenance is done on a daily maitenance.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)